Filler paper for FPs?

Garageboy

I took a government test on cheap looseleaf paper from staples and it feathered REALLY badly. Who makes decent filler paper at an affordable price? Thanks

Edited by Garageboy

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Garageboy

• Maja

• JeffTL

• southpaw

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know, but I can't wait to see the answer. I could really use some. Thanks for posting this.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

You might find some designed for injet printers....might.....that should do fairly well. I have used our regular plain HP injet paper and it worked well....but at 23# it is a little heavy if youre going to write a long letter.

However, I must admit that I still prefer plain vellum (yes the paper type), even though you can only write on one side.

-Bruce

"Filler paper" refers to a loose (i.e., unbound) package of paper punched for insertion in a 3-ring binder -- you use it to fill the binder, you see.

If you don't care about lines, you can use a three-hole punch on printer paper. But if you do want lines, you'll have to use filler paper, I guess.

I had been thinking about posting about this, but didn't think anyone would be interested. But since you asked!!--I purchased some cheap filler paper made by Norcom (made in Indonesia). It holds up to the wettest nibs I have, no problem at all with feathering. The paper's thin of course but very smooth. The package is labeled "Class Gear" and I bought it at either Wal-Mart or Staples(don't remember now).

I had been thinking about posting about this, but didn't think anyone would be interested.

Uh-huh. Right. Like no one here would be interested in reviews of paper. I say this as a woman who will stalk her coworkers to ask about new notebooks and pens, and who is chasing one coworker weekly, to see which fountain pens (he has about a hundred, he says) he's carrying when he appears in the office.

Spill the beans. We want INFORMATION!

I was going to mention Clairefontaine loose-leaf paper. I saw some at Pendemonium.com before, but when I returned the other day to get a link I couldn't find it. I went to Clairefontaine's web site to find a link, but I couldn't find it there either. Maybe they stopped making it?

An option to consider is three-hole punched legal pads or spirals with the mirco-perfs.

Corrected a misspelling

Edited by Sidney

"The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun." - Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President

I had been thinking about posting about this, but didn't think anyone would be interested. But since you asked!!--I purchased some cheap filler paper made by Norcom (made in Indonesia). It holds up to the wettest nibs I have, no problem at all with feathering. The paper's thin of course but very smooth. The package is labeled "Class Gear" and I bought it at either Wal-Mart or Staples(don't remember now).

Hey, thanks for the info, Bob!

I am not into paper (yet) but this is very useful information....

For ready made paper, I like Clairfontaine myself.

I use the term "ready made," because I make my own filler paper. I have a service-connected disability in my good right hand, so I must hold my pen at an odd angle which precludes my writing on unlined paper. I buy good unlined HP ink jet paper, and run it through the computer to put lines on it. I do about 30-pages at a time. If holes are required, I use a 3-hole punch.

If anyone might be interested, I can define "run it through the computer." On my Word program, I click "Table" and drop to "Insert Table." I insert a table with one column, and differing numbers of rows depending on the kind of writing I want to do. For general writing, I insert 24-rows. I then go into "Table Properties," click "rows" and sepecify my row height. For example, for my 24-row papers, I use 0.4"

While I am still in "Table Properties," I click "Borders and Shading" and get rid of the left and right side lines. I opt for a light grey color to keep the lines from being obtrusive. When I print the pages, I select "Draft" to keep the lines even lighter. I then print out the number of copies I need that day for for a particular project. I save the format so I can call it up again to save time.

I realize I just told the time by building a clock. Sorry for the length. I hope this informatin is of some help.