OT: Compaq iPaq H3955 Pocket PC bundle--full-sized keyboard, Wlan, expansion pack

Hi,

I have here a Compaq iPaq H3955 Pocket PC, one of the top of the line in its time

400Mhz 32-bit Intel Xscale CPU PXA250

64Mb SDRAM

32Mb Flash ROM

64K color 320x240 pixel Transreflective TFT LCD

Li-ion battery (5-15 hours depending on use)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2119/1902546273_ade04ae51e_b.jpg

I am including with it:

1 Linksys WCF12 802.11b network card

1 Targus Stowaway portable keyboard

1 Compaq Dual PC card expansion pack (contains another Li-ion battery to power the computer)

1 Compaq Protector cover pack

1 Compaq iPaq cradle

1 Compaq iPaq AC adapter

1 128Mb CF card

1 Set of screen protector films

This includes CD packs and manuals.

Software included are

Windows Pocket PC upgrade (I have already upgraded the OS for your convenience)

Pocket PC enhancement programs

The latest Wlan driver

The latest Stowaway keyboard driver

Finally, as a courtesy,

the latest version of the Familiar Linux distribution for Compaq H39XX iPaqs

This package has everything you need to have a full-featured computer that fits into your pocket.

The keyboard is full sized and feels very nice, You do not need to adjust to it since it feels just like any laptop keyboard, and is laid out the same way, and when you are done with it, you just fold it up, and it fits in your pocket or bag.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2205/1903399612_d4bdaacf10.jpg

You can connect to networks, surf the web and check your emails from the device, thanks to the dual PC card expansion pack and the Wlan card.

If you want, you can also write Microsoft Word documents as well as Excel. You can view pictures too.

For those who are experimenters, this package has everything you need to install Linux on the iPaq. This computer currently does not have any Linux bootloaders or software installed. I have included the software as a courtesy and a pdf document to direct you to the installation instructions. I have run Linux on the iPaq before, and liked it. It's still a little experimental, but it's very nifty as it stands. It is possible to port programs to it since it runs a standard Linux kernel, not a chopped up really little kernel, and the included peripherals are compatible with Linux. It can run ARM binaries, like those that run on the ARM architecture Linux machines.

It's a really nice little computer for those who enjoy mobility (happy)

The computer comes in it's original box with everything it originally came with. Some of the extras come in separate boxes. Some of the item may show a little wear like the letters on the outside (None of the letters on the keyboard are coming off.) keyboard are wearing off. the Wlan card has a few minor chips on the casing, but it works correctly and it is in fine condition otherwise.

Take the whole bunch for $600 shipped (just get me good offer if you have one. i can't guarantee that I will accept it, but you never know)

I take Paypal (Preferred), Credit cards, checks, and money orders.

Dillon

Edited by Dillo

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dillo

• jpolaski

Hi,

Price dropped to $550 shipped.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Price down to $500 shipped.

Really, if you have a reasonable offer, just give it to me. I'm just interested to get what I can for this.

Dillon

Dillon

Hi,

$450 now.

Dillon

Dillon

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

$400

Just get me nice offer someone!! :D

Dillon

Dillon

Dillo, I hate to say it, but with the advent of the smartphone, and it's subsequent price drops, you're peddling "antiquated" technology. Trust me, I have a box of PDAs that I loved dearly, but know they aren't worth much of anything anymore. Top this with HP's lack of support and OS upgrades, and you're looking at disaster. Without offense I'd be surprised if you got $100 for it. Maybe you should entertain trades?

"The older I get, the more I realize I'm getting older".

Hi,

I'm actually quite happy you chose to comment. :)

I'm actually, only interested in getting what I can for this. $100, $75, $50,etc. (Just offer I won't refuse) Otherwise, I'd probably recycle the whole bunch. I don't do trades at this time.

Dillon

Edited by Dillo

Dillon

See, and you found the guy who would take it too. What with my recent surgery and the holidays, I'm strapped. If this is still around after, I'll take it off your hands gladly.

"The older I get, the more I realize I'm getting older".

Sounds nice to me! If it's around then, I'll get hold of you.

Dillon

Hi,

It's sold. :) (Not for my asking price, but something quite reasonable)

Dillon

Dillon

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files