Bexley 2008 Owners Club Pens

Dennis B

Registered Bexley owners should be on the lookout for a mailing from Bexley announcing the 2008 Owners CLub pens very soon. 2008 is also the 15th Anniversary for Bexley, so this year there will be 150, each, of the two Owners Club pens. No photos or details are yet available, but the pens will be in sterling silver (150) and vermeil (150), C/C fill, and have a list price of $495. A smaller number of matching, unnumbered rollerball models will also be available.

As in previous years, the Owners Club pens will initially only be available to registered Bexley owners. Only if they do not sell out will any be made generally available. Shipping planned to begin around December 10, in time for Christmas.

More detail and photos will be posted as soon as they are available.

Thanks,

Dennis Bowden

Parkville Pen

Authorized Bexley Dealer

Parkville Pen

http://www.parkvillepen.com/images/parkville1small.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Belan

• Dennis B

• WriteOn

• Johnson

I sent in my registrations yesterday! I'm excited! :)

angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night --Ginsberg

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. --Buddha

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently Carrying:

Dani Trio Fellowship (F), TWSBI Diamond 530 (XF), Visconti Opera Granite (B), Sailor Sapporo (F)

Mine will be going out when I get home... hopefully they make it in time!

Shoot, I meant to mail mine today! I'll have to make sure I mail it out tomorrow.

I know we haven't seen the pens yet, but just the mention of sterling or vermeil gets me excited. I'm wondering if the precious metals will just be in the trim, or maybe even a full metal cap a la the Gold Line, or maybe even an all-metal pen?! :cloud9:

happiness isn't caused

I'm pleased to see the interest in the 2008 BOC pen. I will post more details and pics when received. My understanding is that the cap and barrel will be sterling silver (or vermeil) with engraved panels, black ends and section, and clip to match the pen.

Looking forward to being of service to all registered Bexley owners. These will surely sell out fast.

Dennis Bowden

Parkville Pen

Authorized Bexley Dealer

I got my certificate this weekend, yay!

angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night --Ginsberg

We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world. --Buddha

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently Carrying:

Dani Trio Fellowship (F), TWSBI Diamond 530 (XF), Visconti Opera Granite (B), Sailor Sapporo (F)

I may well like to add one of the 2008 owner's pens to my collection, but I'd like to see what it looks like first! Why on earth would a company send out the invitations (mine came about ten days ago) and not ALREADY have pictures available and posted on their website? Someone missed the Marketing 101 course!

I may well like to add one of the 2008 owner's pens to my collection, but I'd like to see what it looks like first! Why on earth would a company send out the invitations (mine came about ten days ago) and not ALREADY have pictures available and posted on their website? Someone missed the Marketing 101 course!

In another post, Binder said it's because they don't have a final product completed. Some of their materials had just arrived at the beginning of the month. I agree with you about sending out certs without pictures available. I really would have liked to have seen one at the Ohio Pen Show, too.

Currently Carrying:

Thanks, Belan. I had not seen the Binder comment on late arriving materials. My guess is the December 10 date to begin shipping may not be a realistic one. In any event, I'll wait for the pictures. There are still 2006 and 2007 owner's pens to be had, so I'm not worried that I'll be unable to get one of these when I'm ready to order. And remember - as the order invitation noted - the final price is between you and the authorized Bexley dealer with whom you choose to do business. I certainly don't plan to pay "list" for this pen.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, it's Dec 1st, and supposedly the first pens will start shipping in 10 days.

Where's the pictures?! I like my Bexleys, don't get me wrong, but ... I'm not going to prepay ($500 MSRP!) for a pen sight-unseen.

Speaking of cost, there are a few Bexley dealers on this board. Have you guys set final prices yet?

Currently Carrying:

Has everyone who expected to receive a certificate got one?

I sent back a registration card to Bexley more than six months ago.

Is the Owners Club offer made to non- US pen owners?

I got my letter wabout 2 weeks after sending in my registration. Of course, I'm also only 100 miles away from Bexley, too, so that probably helped.

I don't know if it's US only or not ... I wouldn't think it would be, since the offer has to go thru resellers, and Bexley's website lists international resellers. Send them an email and ask what's goin' on.

Currently Carrying:

Preliminary photos of the Bexley 2008 Owners Club edition pens were sent out yesterday. Professional photos will come soon. Until then, here's a look at the pens. Based on the Poseidon platform, with the distinctive vintage Pelikan styling, the Owners Club pens will be available with either a Sterling Silver or a Vermeil overlay with an engraved pattern. Sections and ends are black. All four Bexley nib sizes are available. Until January 31, orders will be accepted only from registered Bexley owners. If the edition does not sell out before then, any remaining pens will be made available for all interested buyers.

I would be pleased to handle your order at a competitive price. Please write for details.

Thanks,

Dennis Bowden

Parkville Pen

Authorized Bexley Dealer

Parkville Pen

http://www.parkvillepen.com/images/bexley/2008boc1.jpghttp://www.parkvillepen.com/images/bexley/2008boc2.jpg

They remind me of those cheap overlays from the 20's with the underlying rubber, in this case plastic?, sticking out from under the metal.

Maybe I'll change my mind when I look at one in person.

Howard may have a hard time matching the stunning 2006 edition.

Bill

I hope those are just poor quality pictures, otherwise...gag, gag.

Bryan

"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes." Winston S. Churchill

Huh, I think they are good looking pens. Basically a Poseidon but with precious metals, I think it will be a hit.

I've already reserved a Sterling one, I'll have to hold that in my hand before I decide if I want a vermeil as well.

happiness isn't caused

My calendar says it is December 10th, the first shipping day for the 2008 Bexley Owners pen - and still no "professional" pictures. Not even on the Bexley website. All I've found are the ones posted on this thread, which did little to "sell" the pen to me. Now that they have effectively missed this Christmas season, I'll decide from a couple other pens on my list which one will appear under my tree.

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files