Swisher Pens

PenTieRun

Hey folks,

I've noticed some good prices on some pens that I've been interested in at Swisher Pens online store. Do you have any experience ordering from this site? All forms of feedback are appreciated. I should note that I have experienced very effective service from the following sites through online orders: Pear Tree Pens, Fountain Pen Hospital, Art Brown, and Pen Boutique. I'd like to keep the luck rolling, so let me know your thoughts on Swisher. :D

Edited by PenTieRun

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PenTieRun

• Ink Stained Wretch

• OneRiotOneRanger

• Cedar

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy with confidence from Swisher Pens, I have had several excellent buying experiences with them. They are a well known and respected pen retailer.

happiness isn't caused

As a recent collector (i.e. not counting the fountain pens I used in grade school and have since lost), I purchased my first fountain pen and ink from Swisher. The order was delivered very promptly and I my positive experience helped continue my interest in fountain pen collecting. I have since then purchased at least one or two more times from Swisher and have had perfect experience every time. I ordered my white 2007 Lamy Safari from Swisher and they installed an italic nib on it for me before shipping it--definitely saved me the trouble of installing the nib myself. Swisher also has an optional e-mail newsletter with fun FP history and articles. They also have regular sales for labor day and such.

It is my opinion that they have a strong interest in the usage of fountain pens--they really work hard with Noodler's to create some interesting inks, and like many other pen sellers, they also occasionally offer exclusive LE fountain pens--something fun if you're a collector of that sort of thing.

I've never had to send anything back or call customer service, so I cannot comment on that.

Of those companies you have listed, the only other one I have purchased from is The Pear Tree Pen Company, and although your needs may be different from mine, I have to say that both Swisher and Pear Tree have both met my needs enough such that I have not felt a need to look elsewhere.

(No affiliation with Swisher or Pear Tree.)

--Stephen

Several purchases, of both pens and refills. Everything handled promptly and professionally. I especially like the fact they use Priority Mail, and ship on Saturday. All experiences perfect, including an item that had to be returned. Credit issued immediately, hassle-free. And their prices ain't bad!

Fast ship, good service. Not as personal as Pendemonium, perhaps, but I have had no problems with them at all.

<i>"Most people go through life using up half their energy trying to protect a dignity they never had."</i><br>-Marlowe, in <i>The Long Goodbye</i>

Ordered a replacement Lamy nib from them before; nice, fast shipping. I'm expecting three bottles of ink from them right now... should be here by today or tomorrow (REALLY hoping it's today, though!). I wouldn't worry too much about them...

An empty can usually makes the loudest noise.

I have purchased from them several times. The last time I ordered something I had wanted for a long time and payed by sending a check. On receiving the package, I found a letter and a check. Seems the price had lowered since I had mailed the check and they refunded the difference. I would never had known. They are expert and very responsive to email. And their clearance keeps getting me in trouble.

Joi

Joi - The Way of the Japanese Pen

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3387580367_f8a1a5c1df.jpg

I have been a customer for years and have never had a problem. A quality seller with years of experience. Can recommend without reservation. Enjoy your pens! Best, Sam

Sam

That wine needs to be drunk, and so do I

I also have had good experiences with them. When I had a problem with a pen I bought from them, their customer service people quickly replaced the unit. They were very couteous and professional, and I was very happy with the service I got from them.

Ah, you're all wonderfully kind to offer such prompt responses. I guess I now know where I'm getting that sweet deal on a new Pelikan :cloud9:

Ah, you're all wonderfully kind to offer such prompt responses. I guess I now know where I'm getting that sweet deal on a new Pelikan :cloud9:

Enjoy your new pen!

I only bought from Swisher once, and had a good experience. Good price, and quick delivery.

Regards,

Ray

Hey folks,

I've noticed some good prices on some pens that I've been interested in at Swisher Pens online store. Do you have any experience ordering from this site? All forms of feedback are appreciated. I should note that I have experienced very effective service from the following sites through online orders: Pear Tree Pens, Fountain Pen Hospital, Art Brown, and Pen Boutique. I'd like to keep the luck rolling, so let me know your thoughts on Swisher. :D

I've bought hundreds of dollars of pens and inks from Swisher Pens. They're a good vendor.

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

They are expert and very responsive to email. And their clearance keeps getting me in trouble.

Oh, so I'm not the only one who goes trolling through their "Clearance" pages every time I go there :roflmho: ! Yeah, I've certainly bought a bunch of stuff from that part of their site, all right.

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

Nothing but good to say about Swisher Pens. Easy to deal with, fast shipping and lots of good deals. The only problem I have with them is the temptation to try one more ink is just too great!! My ink cabinet is full!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Fast ship, good service. Not as personal as Pendemonium, perhaps, but I have had no problems with them at all.

I agree with this. I've purchased from Pear Tree, Pendemonium, Richards Pens, Classic Fountain Pens, His NIbs, and Swishers. I liked the involvement of some of the people from those sites on this forum and the personal touch, thank you note and such enclosed, but sometimes you just gotta go where you get the best deal and go to the one that has what you want. I would not hesitate to order from Swisher's again, sometimes, they have really hard to beat prices but they are more business like but in that "good business like" kind of way.

Cedar

Pelikan?

Contact Pam Braun, I fellow Michiganer.

If you buy a new Pel, get a price from her first.

Not to say anything about Swisher, I really like them. But Pam has beat the price on every new bird I have bought.

Fool: One who subverts convention or orthodoxy or varies from social conformity in order to reveal spiritual or moral truth.