Funny Story

RyanL27

Get this:

I purchased a Bexley pen on the Pentrace Green Board last week and have anxiously been awaiting its arrival for the past few days. Finally, today I found a UPS package waiting for me with the seller's return address, so I hurried inside to open it up and ink the Bexley. Imagine my surprise as I open the box with great anticipation only to find a card addressed to "Princess Stefanie," a pink photo album, some pretty purple jewelry, and frosted ginger bread cookies packed neatly in pink and purple tissue paper. No pen.

As it turns out, the UPS store switched the labels and "Princess Stefanie" now has in her possession a beautiful gray Bexley Sheherazade and a fresh bottle of Diamine black with which to ink it up. I will not sleep tonight, not one week.

Fortunately, the seller has been great about remedying this whole ordeal, and the Bexley is coming overnight tomorrow to me. The Princess had just better keep her hands off my pen, though I have to admit, the ginger bread cookies have been calling to me all day. Think she'd notice if a snuck a few?

"I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them."

- Baruch Spinoza

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RyanL27

• Maja

• KCat

• Dillo

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Very funny. :lol: :D

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

oh... can we start calling you "Princess" now Ryan? :)

kidding of course.. though i do tend to attach nicknames to people...

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Hi,

Then what is my nickname? :lol:

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

Hi,

Then what is my nickname? :lol:

Dillon

well, i already get "KCat the Verbose" so...

:D

i'll have to work on that one...

PoFW? Person of Few Words? nahh... too stuffy.

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Sure KCat, "Princess" will be fine, though I don't know what Her Majesty would think of my commandeering her title.

I will be sure to give an update tomorrow as to whether or not the pen shoes up. Knowing UPS, I'm not betting my tiara on it.

"I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them."

- Baruch Spinoza

Hi KCat, Dillon,

Hi,

Then what is my nickname?  :lol:

Dillon

well, i already get "KCat the Verbose" so...

:D

i'll have to work on that one...

PoFW? Person of Few Words? nahh... too stuffy.

That's easy:

Dillon the Not So Verbose (ok, ok, too easy :D )

What about: "White Space"

(You should always use your white space well, I was told :D)

;)

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Knowing UPS, I'm not betting my tiara on it.

LOL! I about spit my coffee all over my computer with that one.

Seriously a funny story and I feel somehow certain that the Princess was more disappointed with her package than you were with yours ;)

A pen a day keeps the doctor away...

Parker "51" flighter; Parker 75 cisele; Conway Stewart Dandy Demonstrator; Aurora 88P chrome; Sailor Sapporo ; Lamy 2000; Lamy 27 double L; Lamy Studio; Pilot Murex; Pilot Sesenta (Red/Grey); Pilot Capless (black carbonesque); Pilot Custom 74 Demonstrator; Pilot Volex; Waterman Expert 2000 (slate blue)

:lol: Good one! Wonder if princess used the nib to pry open another jar of cookies . . . .
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

:lol: Good one! Wonder if princess used the nib to pry open another jar of cookies . . . .

or to play darts wih... :lol:

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Still no sign of the pen :(

The seller is still being great about keeping me posted, but the package was picked up from "Princess" on Tuesday, so we're both a little confused why it hasn't yet shown up. I'm going to give it until Monday/Tuesday next week, and then he said he would file an insurance claim.

Here's hoping!

- Baruch Spinoza

I sympathise.

A delay is bad enough, without worrying about what "my little pony" stickers have been stuck on the box.

Okay - still no sign of the Bexley, and it's now coming up on a week late for estimated arrival. What is typical for an insurance claim via UPS? I've never had to do it before. Do I have to wait for the claim to go through (knowing similar processes, I imagine it takes a while), or is that the responsibility of the seller after he/she issues me a refund? I just would like to know what to expect as I'm becoming unfortunately more certain the my precious Bexley will never actually make it to my hands. I hope I can find a simlilarly sweet deal on Pentrace but have my doubts.

Any advice?

- Baruch Spinoza

Oh dear :(

This started out as a very "funny story" (as the thread title indicated) but now it's rather sad. I hope your pen turns up before you have to file any paperwork, Ryan. Having never dealt with UPS before (except as an employee back in my university days :rolleyes: ) I am sorry I can't help you with your questions, but I'm sure someone else will....

Oh dear :(

This started out as a very "funny story" (as the thread title indicated) but now it's rather sad. I hope your pen turns up before you have to file any paperwork, Ryan.

Same here. :(

Hi Ryan, the only delay I've had so far was when my pen was randomly stopped by customs as they were curious why a pen would cost as much as that one did. :rolleyes: . I really hope that something positive can come out of your situation.

Unfortunately, I've not had to deal with UPS (or any other courier) for something like this either, so hopefully someone else can share their experience/knowledge. I'll continue looking here so that I'll know what to do if it happens to me.

Good luck.

You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes... you just might find... you'll get what you need...

Well, the pen has officially been declared missing, lost into the abyss. The seller has kindly agreed to issue me a refund now, so I suppose I'm back in the market. I doubt I'll be able to find a deal quite so good, but I can hope.

Actually, I'm considering throwing in the extra $80.00 to get a new Bexley Shehezarade, or Submariner. I've never actually handled these pens in person but have only heard good things. Also on the list: Pelikan 600/805, Signum Nova, Sailor Lapis Lazuli (Swisher Exclusive), Lamy 2000. Also considering another Filcao Atlantica as I sold one a few weeks ago and now miss it :(

First, I have to finnish my 10 page paper for class. Ugh.

- Baruch Spinoza

Well, the pen has officially been declared missing, lost into the abyss. The seller has kindly agreed to issue me a refund now, so I suppose I'm back in the market. I doubt I'll be able to find a deal quite so good, but I can hope.

Actually, I'm considering throwing in the extra $80.00 to get a new Bexley Shehezarade, or Submariner. I've never actually handled these pens in person but have only heard good things. Also on the list: Pelikan 600/805, Signum Nova, Sailor Lapis Lazuli (Swisher Exclusive), Lamy 2000. Also considering another Filcao Atlantica as I sold one a few weeks ago and now miss it :(

First, I have to finnish my 10 page paper for class. Ugh.

Oh wow! And the delivery was supposed to be really quick...I wonder what happened along the way? :(

So sorry....I can imagine it must be very disappointing to get a good deal on a pen and then have it lost. The refund is great, but finding another good deal may not be so easy...