Ballograf Writing Instruments

Ballograf

Dear Fountain Pen Network viewers,

I tried to write a post to the new members area, but I am still learning. I am an avid user of the world famous Ballograf line of pens and pencils. I did not find any reference to them on this site. Ballograf once upon a time used to make fountain pens, but no longer. What they have are true collectors items.

Swedish craftmanship truly goes into each of the pens made by Ballograf. Several of their pencil designs have a spring loaded mechanism for the lead, so that even the 0.5mm lead does not break when pushed agaist the paper. The ballpens are something else to write with. The titanium ball looks like a miniature golf ball and carries the ink to the paper extremely smooth. You should try it to believe. Well a consumer test in Austria some years ago found that Ballograf was the best pen (together with a Mont Blanc pen) amont 21 pens tested by consumers. The archival ink, which Ballograf uses, got a negative as it could not be washed away from clothing. Well, that is how it is designd. Do a search and you will find out more about this great writing instrument

Ballograflogo300dpi.bmp

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ballograf

• Maja

• jd50ae

• demeter

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ballograf,

Any pictures of the fountain pens?

Even if you don't have any to share, welcome to FPN!

You don't have to sell me on Swedish craftsmanship. I've always found it to be top-notch.

Andrew

Hi Ballograf and welcome to FPN! :D

I have two Ballograf Epoca Chrome ballpoints and I love using them! They are very smooth writers and I like the look of the pens and the shape of the ballpoint tip.

As for Ballografs being mentioned on FPN, I don't know if you've used the "Search" function or not Iit's in the upper right hand corner of the page, when you are logged in), but there is a nice review of a Ballograf fountain pen here:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/in...?showtopic=6628

and there are numerous mentions of the brand on the site elsewhere.

Enjoy!!

Thanks for the welcome! Ballograf today makes ball point pens and mechanical pencils. They used to make fountain pens a long time ago. The ball point pens do have a great feel, and with the archival ink, they are used by the Swedish government, banks and post offices. Yes they are great to write with. And sorry - I do not have any pictures of the fountain pens. They must be quite rare these days.

Welcome to FPN!!! Glad to have a new pen user. Lots of good pen conversation here and nice pen folk. Enjoy!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!