Gaudy and amazing.

jd50ae

The smoothest, bar none, out of the box nib I have experienced.

I don't do reviews well, I either like a pen or I don't. I like Jinhao.

So forgive me if I do one on a pen that has been mentioned before on this forum.

A little shorter but heavier then a Pelikan M800 it is comfortable to use un-posted.

It has a large 18KGP Jinhao nib that is simply amazing.

There are at least 4 versions that I know of, so if gaudy puts you off you can still get one with a less busy finish.

The clip is the same on all of them, this model anyway.

Solid built with a snap cap.

They come in a really nice wood presentation box that is worth the price of the pen.

From $9.99 to over $100 so look around if you are interested in one.

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jd50ae

• Johnson

• Renzhe

• Ghost Plane

I'm a smooth nib lover. What nib sizes do they come in?

The two I have are F, but I have the same nib in a M on a different model so I am thinking there should be an option.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

These pens are the equvalent of "never make a pretty woman your wife" ;^) they may glide smoothly but they will never be movie stars!!!

Edited by framebaer

Sensitive Pen Restoration doesn't cost extra.

Find me on Facebook at MONOMOY VINTAGE PEN

great looking pen JD. I keep telling myself "no more inexpensive chinese pens", but I think I'll have to make an exception here.

happiness isn't caused

great looking pen JD. I keep telling myself "no more inexpensive chinese pens", but I think I'll have to make an exception here.

You could always go for the $100 one.

So is there any flex to these things? The only ones I have are the Hero 187 and a Safari, so I'm looking for an [ahem] economical flex nib.

So is there any flex to these things? The only ones I have are the Hero 187 and a Safari, so I'm looking for an [ahem] economical flex nib.

It is not a nail but I would not consider it a flex by any standard.

The first thing that came to mind before I could even think about it was "Liberace".

:mellow: :glare: :hmm1: :huh: :blink: :o :wacko: :sick: http://purplemermaid.net/images/smilies/puke.gif

:ltcapd:

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

Then buy an old Mabie Todd or Waterman. Very cheap, wonderful flexy, solid gold nibs.

Greg

Member of the No.1 Club

Wow, that is a real eye popper of a pen. Can you compare the nib to some other pen nibs? enjoy j

The only other pens, non-custom, that have felt the same was a Duke Shark and a Tac II I got from winedoc.

BTW, isellpens has all 5 models for sale.

Yeah, I'm having a real hard time deciding which model to get. Since its a heavy pen, it'll probably be a stay at home writer, so I might just spring for the bling and get the silver model like you did. However, the pewter design also looks slick, and I really like the dragon inlay. :clap1:

happiness isn't caused

Yeah, I'm having a real hard time deciding which model to get. Since its a heavy pen, it'll probably be a stay at home writer, so I might just spring for the bling and get the silver model like you did. However, the pewter design also looks slick, and I really like the dragon inlay. :clap1:

You should get the pewter one for me.............................hold on.........................sending you a PM.

You should get the pewter one for me.............................hold on.........................sending you a PM.

I ordered a pewter one...................but i might keep it....................replying to your PM. :roflmho:

happiness isn't caused

So I received my Jinhao Descendants' Dragon in pewter yesterday. This is a VERY impressive pen, and has fully restored my faith in the quality one is capable of receiving from an inexpensive chinese pen. The 18k nib writes a true medium, and while not Sailor, Omas, or Bexley smooth, it is still smooth and more importantly consistent. The finish itself is very attractive, an etched dragon with some kind of clear laquer applied over it that has a very pleasing tactile sensation and shines under the light. The cap is a snap-on, and doesn't instill a lot of faith in me, but this pen is too heavy to be a pocket pen anyhow.

All in all a stone cold bargain for $30. :thumbup:

happiness isn't caused

So JD wrote me a NASTY, VICIOUS private message regarding me saying the Jinhao nib wasn' the super smoothest nib I've ever used. He called me names and said mean things about my mom and my dog.* :crybaby:

Here was my calm, measured response to his crazy tirade:

"Hey JD-

I really do like the nib on this badboy. Usually when an inexpensive pen is "smooth" that also means "mooshy cow cow nib", but the Jinhao 18k nib has a touch of dryness, which makes it seem all the more refined and above its price class. I think this is what I mean when I say its not "super smooth", after all, smoothness isn't necessarily the definining attribute of a nib.

I'll definitely be ordering some more Jinhao, especially the gaudy bling bling diamond model. :cloud9:

Best,

Jack-o-lantern"

* - :roflmho:

happiness isn't caused

Heh...I just went to isellpens.com. It looks like they got new pens (Including X450's) since the last time I checked.

And, by the way, on the Jinhao page, there's a review. The reviewer is illiterate.

ANYWAY,

would you be so kind as to review the Dragon's Descendant once you receive it?

Edited by Renzhe

Renzhe