The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Namiki Bamboo

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 wil

wil

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 18:10

Before coming to work this morning and selecting which pens to bring, I was eyeing the Bamboo beside the Serenite.

Not sure why I didn't think this before but the two pens are strangely similar but at the same time, practically an inverse of one another. Currently considering a weekend light tent session with the two pens.

Sponsored Content

#22 FrankB

FrankB

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,345 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 20:41

Good review. Thanks.

I have a Dunhill AD200 "Torpedo" that is essentially a cigar shaped version of the Bamboo. Dunhill and Namiki have a long standing relatuonship, and the AD2000 is made by Namiki. I swear, I think my section is identical to yours and would probably screw directly into the Bamboo barrel. The filling system is unique, and the pen writes very well.

Question. I have a stub nib on my Dunhill that I had to get from the Dunhill customer service. I recall there was a $5 charge for postage. Since Namiki made both pens, I was wondering if the Bamboo has a stub nib available? A factory stub nib might push me toward buying a Bamboo.

#23 dappledawndrawn

dappledawndrawn

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:44

I'm not sure if stub nibs are available for the Bamboo -- at least they weren't from the retailer I bought mine from. I love the pen though. smile.gif It sits amazingly well in my hand, is ultra reliable, has never given problems -- and it's pretty to look at, too.

#24 Cowboy68

Cowboy68

Dipped Only

• Member - Gold

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:37

Recently my Laban Mento broke (good low end pen) and I needed a new pen, but I wanted a quality replacement and am away from home. I have dozens of pens but am picky and the rest sit unused mostly. Based on your review I bought this pen a few weeks ago and have been using it for hours daily since. I love it. Great construction, great feel, quality pen. It looks good in pictures but is much sexier in person. I have contemplated buying another as a backup as I usually carry two at atime in case I run out of ink (currently I have my other Laban as a back up) ... I am hooked on this pen. I think it was a great bargain at $220. Thanks for a great review.

Edited by Cowboy68, 25 July 2008 - 02:42.

#25 MikaLa

MikaLa

I will maintain

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 17:32

This is a great pen. I love mine, and have it filled with the Noodler's Singapore ink Spirit of the Bamboo. Naturally.

QUOTE (Cowboy68 @ Jul 25 2008, 05:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Recently my Laban Mento broke (good low end pen) and I needed a new pen, but I wanted a quality replacement and am away from home. I have dozens of pens but am picky and the rest sit unused mostly. Based on your review I bought this pen a few weeks ago and have been using it for hours daily since. I love it. Great construction, great feel, quality pen. It looks good in pictures but is much sexier in person. I have contemplated buying another as a backup as I usually carry two at atime in case I run out of ink (currently I have my other Laban as a back up) ... I am hooked on this pen. I think it was a great bargain at $220. Thanks for a great review.

Rom 7:15

#26 georges zaslavsky

georges zaslavsky

vintageandmodernpenslover

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,078 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2008 - 20:52

My AD 2000 Longitude shares the same nib and body except that is cigar shaped, it is a great pen indeed.
Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

#27 Classics

Classics

Mr. Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2008 - 21:34

I love the look of this pen. This pen is on my short list to buy soon. I will try to pickup one at the NY/NJ pen show in September.
clap1.gif

Classics
"Churn the Butter"

Sponsored Content

|