Board will be off line Friday 10/26/07 for server switch

Elaine

After much work by our IT gurus we are ready to move! To complete the switch, the board will be off line on Friday 10/26/07 starting at 6 PM CDT (GMT-6) for approximately four hours.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Elaine

• KCat

• amh210

• KingJoe

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW AM I GOING TO SURVIVE...... :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Edited by OldGriz

Can we set up a temporary internet shelter for those of us who.......oh!.....wait a minute......6pm......EST?

Then I'll be asleep over here! [bIG sigh of relief]

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Twitter: @CasmiUK

Be strong everyone. We can stand a 4 hour outage. Just take up your fave pen and write your provocative posts longhand and snail mail them to Rhudairi at MT. Keep you busy for 4 hours and he will have extra fuel for the furnace as he burns the censored material mumbling "anathema, anathema" :roflmho:

But what happens if it goes longer? 6 hours? 12 hours??? a week?

:crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby: :crybaby:

Edited by amh210

"Andy Hoffman" Sandy Ego, CA

Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.

For my minutiae, FOLLOW my Twitter.

Looking forward to the improvements the new server will bring as well as the relief to the Admins it will be in a (hopeful) reduction in IT problems!

THANKS and hope it goes well!!!!

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

OMG!! this is the end of the world!! :crybaby: What am I going to do while the board is down.......... I know, I will clean some of my fountain pens and let them soak for a while or overnight. :thumbup: Maybe even order some ink from Sam. :cloud9:

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."

Sheesh, you think they'd at least wait until the Friday of the Columbus Pen Show so those folks going to the pen show will at least have some other pen-related activity to keep us, er - them - occupied!

James

So here's what happened
While you were nappin'
I just went out for a snack
I was feelin' famished
And then I vanished...
But now I'm back

Feel free to have a wiki party over at http://www.penpedia.com/w too! Get your friends together and add an article, heh.

"Reverend, you will go to heaven with other good people. Even in heaven you be arguing about the various theories of religion. Your arguments will be an obstacle to my meditation. Therefore, I would prefer to got to hell. Then I will be of service to the suffering." ~ Bhante Walpola Piyananda

http://penpedia.com/sig.gif

Don't sweat it. MT is in charge. Ernst has the changeover plan well in hand and is already busy welding the new pipes. The Babbage will be a far superior server (as long as the coal supply holds out) to anything with Intel chips and we will all get used to the new posting protocols and decorative fonts.

It would be nice if the Admins posted before and after photos of their coiffures as I expect they will be pulling much of their hair out. :rolleyes:

"Andy Hoffman" Sandy Ego, CA

Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.

For my minutiae, FOLLOW my Twitter.

Is the current server the cause of brief "outages" I've been experiences at least once a day? I click on a post or thread and it grinds and gives me an error page. I try once more and still no forum. I go off and do something else for a few minutes and come back to a working forum again.

or am I just jinxed?

KCat
Save animal lives - support your local animal shelter

My personal blog https://kcdockalscribbling.com

My nature blog https://kcbeachscribbles.com
Venerable are letters, infinitely brave, forlorn, and lost. V. Woolf, Jacob's Room

Is the current server the cause of brief "outages" I've been experiences at least once a day? I click on a post or thread and it grinds and gives me an error page. I try once more and still no forum. I go off and do something else for a few minutes and come back to a working forum again.

or am I just jinxed?

:roflmho: YOU'RE JINXED!!!

And so was I. Oh boy! This is going to give me withdrawal symptoms! :wacko:

Thanks, for working towards a better FPN!

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

or am I just jinxed?

We believe that these outages are due to the current server.

or am I just jinxed?

Whew...I'm not the only one. I was convinced I had been deemed not worthy of posting anymore! :embarrassed_smile: I learned to copy all text before posting/replying/backchanneling so I wouldn't lose all my text. Prior to figuring this out, I lost a few long-winded posts...probably for the betterment of all.

Thank you for working to improve an already wonderful place!!

~~Mike

KJ, does that mean that you are going to suddenly "find" those long lost long winded posts and share them with us? :crybaby: :crybaby: LOL

I like our fellow FPN'ers too much to subject them to those late night ramblings. :P