What Modern CS is comparable to a Pel 800?

Blade Runner

A Pel 1000 is too big for me. Is the Churchill the size of a Pel 1000?. A Pel 800 is about right. Which CS is comparable to the 800? Where can I get the best prices for modern CS?

Thank you,

Jeen

Edited by jeen

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Stylo

• wimg

• KCkc

I think a CS 100 is about the same size as a P800.

I have a review of hte 100 in the pen reviews section. Check there for pics.

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

A Pel 1000 is too big for me. Is the Churchill the size of a Pel 1000?. A Pel 800 is about right. Which CS is comparable to the 800? Where can I get the best prices for modern CS?

The Churchill is a very big pen, though if you grip it in the right place, it is probably slimmer than an M1000. But it still feels huge in your hand. The Duro, and perhaps even better, the 100, are probably closer to the M800 in size. I have found the 100 to be a very nice fit in my hand. Oscar Braun Pens has very good prices on these pens.

Kendall, Stylo,

Thanks for your advice.

I like the streamlined look of the 100.

What is the best filling system for this pen?

Regards, Jeen

I don't have a clue, but I have heard some complaints about the lever system. But the new owner of CS seems very eager to fix any problems. While many people diss converters in general, but I think they are very practical and very easy to fix (by essentially replacing them :) )

Hi Stylo,

Those problem levers and sacs is a thing of the past, as far as I understand it. Since those problems the management of the company has changed. The new management is very eager to change everything for the better, and takes any complaints very seriously, as far as I know.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

I don't have a clue, but I have heard some complaints about the lever system. But the new owner of CS seems very eager to fix any problems. While many people diss converters in general, but I think they are very practical and very easy to fix (by essentially replacing them :) )

tried the c/c filler on 100, 58 (Casein and Resin):

they seem to choke with original CS converter. Another thought is try a Pelikan converter.

58 is small and 100 is a great size. Oh, there is a rut in the barrel end of the 58. I used a probe light to light up the internal barrel and discovered that there were threaded marks in the inside. It almost seemed like it was threaded, cut out and then sealed again. It is in the same area where the barrel trim ring of the 100 would be.

tried lever on Duro (Red/White/Blue Casein) and Churchill (Resin):

the newer models (solid single band with hallmarked 18kt) writes reasonably well as long as you fill it correctly

Generally, the quality control CS on the feed and nib (FINE/MED/FINE ITALIC) is not consistent based on the ones I tried -- some glassy smooth and wet, some scratchy and dry. I love their FINE ITALIC when it is flowing wet and smooth.

I would get one from a nib master which offers inking and testing. Remember to ask for testing beyond 2 pages worth of writing since the choking occurs after the initial fill-up is depleted from the ink collector.

On that note, I am still on a wait-and-see recommendation regarding CS even though I like the Churchill.

Oh, the Churchill is not that big. It feels almost the same as a MB149 if you grip on the section.

My hands are small and usually do not like thick pens. However, the light weight caused my brain to welcome this larger size pen without much resistance. It is actually very comfortable unposted.

Edited by KCkc