Parker Fibre Tip

mfs1959

Hi all,

I am delighted to join this forum.

Perhaps someone may be able to help me.

I have a 61 Flighter Fibre Tip from the late-1970s. Parker no longer make the refills (and have not for some time). None of their current refills fit.

Does anyone know of any other refill (of whatever tip type) that may fit?

Thanks.

Aurora Europa LE, Italian Flag LE, Ultima Lira LE

Delta Napoleon LE

Pelikan M400 (White/Tortoiseshell), M425, R450(Black), M605 (Dk Blue), M620 (Piccadilly), M1050(Green), Majesty

Parker 61 Flighter

Lamy Al-Star, 2000

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• andyk

• mfs1959

• John Danza

• baz666

Not that I have found, I have a couple of less exotic models that I now can't use. I am wondering if there is an adapter that could be used, so that a Rollerball or BP refill could be used.

I think I will shortly be in the same position with a Pelikan Level 5 Rollerball that they no longer make refills for, I have tried various refills that look similar but none seem to fit.

If you find anything please post a response and I will do the same.

Andy

Assuming it is the same as my 75 you can convert it to use either a Parker rollerball or a BP cartridge or gel (same difference.) There are shims that can borrowed from a 70's Parker Big Red (I found a beat used one on E-Bay.) I find that the gel worked best for mine since the shim over the point fits tighter. Per the Parker 75 site- http://www.parker75.addr.com/Reference/Parker75_Ref.htm. Look under "Sections". Jeff

Edited by jirish1957

Assuming it is the same as my 75 you can convert it to use either a Parker rollerball or a BP cartridge or gel (same difference.) There are shims that can borrowed from a 70's Parker Big Red (I found a beat used one on E-Bay.) I find that the gel worked best for mine since the shim over the point fits tighter. Per the Parker 75 site- http://www.parker75.addr.com/Reference/Parker75_Ref.htm. Look under "Sections". Jeff

Thanks, that is really useful.

Even if I cannot find a Big Red (£17.99 on ebay - wish I had bought a few dozen in the 70s when they were clearing them out at low prices), I can alway use some tape to achieve the effect.

Delta Napoleon LE

Pelikan M400 (White/Tortoiseshell), M425, R450(Black), M605 (Dk Blue), M620 (Piccadilly), M1050(Green), Majesty

Parker 61 Flighter

Lamy Al-Star, 2000

I have a Parker 180 Fiber Tip that can use the modern Parker Rollerball refills. I only have to trim a little plastic off of the top of the refill, which is easily done with a razor blade. No adapters were needed. I would suspect that you can do the same with your 61 Fiber Tip.

All the best,

John

I have a Parker 180 Fiber Tip that can use the modern Parker Rollerball refills. I only have to trim a little plastic off of the top of the refill, which is easily done with a razor blade. No adapters were needed. I would suspect that you can do the same with your 61 Fiber Tip.

All the best,

John

Hi - Nice idea - I have just checked and unfortunately the Rollerball refill is just too fat - it simply won't fit as the fibre tip is a slim design.

I shall have to give a gel refill a serious try.

Delta Napoleon LE

Parker 61 Flighter

Lamy Al-Star, 2000

Hi,

I wondered about those bits from the Parker Big Red so got hold of some Adpens, which are the same thing and they won't work on my fibre tips, as they are too big to go into the 'section', the rollerball refills are also too fat to fit into the section. I might try tinkering with the shim and see if I can get it slim enough to go into the section and still hold a BP refill in place.

Adpens do crop up quite often on ebay, just bought 5 in diffrent colours for just over £10 and I am sure that a couple few days ago I missed two Big reds which went for £1.99 (postage was £5.00 but probably still a bargain)

Andy

Edited by andyk

I have a fiber tip pen from about that time period. The cap has an Eversharp imprint near the lip and the Parker logo on the back. Inside there is a converter with both Parker and Eversharp imprints. The converter is an Aerometric type pinch filler. It came with the pen.

Paddler

Can a calculator understand a cash register?

Hi - Nice idea - I have just checked and unfortunately the Rollerball refill is just too fat - it simply won't fit as the fibre tip is a slim design.

I shall have to give a gel refill a serious try.

That's strange. I wonder if there were two different Fibre Tip sizes. The one I pulled out of the 180 looked very much like the gel ink rollerball Parker cartridges that I have, but it was definitely a fibre tip. The new refill dropped in just fine into the 180, which is a pretty slim pen. It was just too long.

John

Not really sure what my fibre tips are, one looks like a 45 Flighter, the other is also a Flighter but I've had it for so long I don't recall the model, but the 'section' is quite slim on both, the RB refill fits in the barrel Ok though.

I have a 25 Flighter fibre tip somewhere which may be a litle wider, I will try and find that and see if it works in that.

Too be honest it's been so long since I threw away the refills I can't even remember what they looked like.

Andy

Not really sure what my fibre tips are, one looks like a 45 Flighter, the other is also a Flighter but I've had it for so long I don't recall the model, but the 'section' is quite slim on both, the RB refill fits in the barrel Ok though.

I have a 25 Flighter fibre tip somewhere which may be a litle wider, I will try and find that and see if it works in that.

Too be honest it's been so long since I threw away the refills I can't even remember what they looked like.

Andy

Hi

these are the only type of fibre tip refills that i have found to fit

The roller ball refills are usually too fat for the section (1 or 2 exceptions)

The Parker steel bodied and black one can be refilled with a little patience and some inky fingers

the blue plug at the rear pulls off with a pair of long nosed pliers and then can be refilled with a syringe and a bottle of the relevant ink

A point to note is that the steel bodied refills can sometimes corrode and leak, if they do dont waste your time with them.

hope this helps

Regards

Paul

Edited by baz666

Paul,

Thanks for the information I think I may have an old Fibre tip refill somewhere, I have a box of in the loft of refills/cartridges/leads etc that I have picked up in sales and wonder I have still got one in there.

Andy

No probs Andy

If they have been in the loft for some time , they may be dry and may need resurrecting

Regards

Paul

I have just dug out my old fibre tip after about 20 years of neglect!

Pulled the blue plug off the D8 refill, squirted the innards with some Cyan Lexmark type refill ink and after about 5 seconds ink dripped from the tip vent!

Pushed the blue stopper back in, the drips stopped, screwed the old beast back together and "Voila" !

I have my old flighter type fibre tip back in action !!!

Thanks for the idea and the nudge in the "Write" direction :cloud9: