The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

The Ultimate Music Pen Review

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 woodwindmaster06

woodwindmaster06

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:15

Okay: today I got my first shipment in from Swisher: the 1911M music nib demonstrator pen and my first ever set of Noodler's inks, black, nightshade, and zhivago. The inks are just simply put all amazing. Fast drying, amazing in color and flow. And the bottle though holding more ink, takes up less room than the smaller bottles, because of the great verticle bottle it takes up very little room!!
I wrote out my first set of papers for my sailor music pen in the noodlers black and will post it once I get access to a scanner: maybe latter tonight maybe tommorow, but soon. I give my overall impressions in it and the line examples, also I copied one page of one of my pieces to demonstrate its true capability as a "music nib" as it was designed for.

I have to say it truly works as it was supposed to the perfect nib for manuscript.

Then my third page will be the same as page two except I will use the dip pen nib the staff nib and show how that looks in comparision to the regular printed manuscript paper.

Just wait and be patient and hopefully it should be a pretty good demonstration at different music nibs and their true capabilites.

And if there is anything that someone wants me to demonstrate in particular I would be more than happy to do it.
Until Then....... :lol:
Tim: The Music Pen Guy
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Pelikan Nest

Sponsored Content

#2 woodwindmaster06

woodwindmaster06

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:04

Okay I am having some major technologicall difficulties, could someone delete those screwed up scanned posts, I scanned and it looked fine then I put in the floppy and tried to put it up here as an attachment. Hopefully it will be up and running soon.
Sometimes I just hate technology!
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Pelikan Nest

#3 tntaylor

tntaylor

House of T

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 12:41

Hmmm, I'm just not sure what I'm seeing here. But, I'm really looking forward to seeing your demos.

It took me a while to realize what "music nibs" were. In my earliest fp days, I thought that, for some reason or other, they played music. Yes, I've admitted it now.

What I've been wanting to see is a music nib in action, so to speak. When one is put to its intended use, what does the output look like?

So, I'm definitely anxious to see your examples, w'06. Thanks for this.

(and here's hoping those pesky lil' techno problems sort out :P )

t!
flippin' like a pancake
poppin' like a cork

#4 wimg

wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• FPN Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,180 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2005 - 22:21

Hi Tim,

I think your images are too big. 2500x2000 pixels amounts to 15 MB files. The maximum is about 1 MB. Try to resize them to 800x600, and put them on your hard disk first, to make upload faster - uploading from floppy could also cause problems (speed).

Alternatively, send it by email to me, and I'll host it. Makes life slightly easier, because you can preview the message with the picture.

I also deleted your picture posts, for now, as per request.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#5 woodwindmaster06

woodwindmaster06

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 23:07

Okay thanks I'll try to get it resized and up and running, I have never done any picture posting yet so this will be the first time.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Pelikan Nest

#6 Apollo

Apollo

Handsome Devil

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 00:55

Looking forward to seeing your pics. :)
Posted Image Bendita mi tierra guanche.

#7 Maja

Maja

Fan of colourful pens

• FPN Hon. Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 September 2005 - 17:06

Looking forward to seeing your pics. :)

Ditto!
Vancouver (B.C) Pen Club (our website)

#8 woodwindmaster06

woodwindmaster06

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 27 September 2005 - 01:54

For those waiting I have decided to wait for the staff music nib and post it all at once, another thing I have noticed after use is that it runs out of ink fairly fast because of the times it goes to triple broad it will naturally run out faster. Still in love with it.
Until then: it has been in shipping for over a week now so it should be here any day hopefully any estimates in what Air Mail by Canada to Indiana will take it seems to take forever and I almost wish I went the route of Pen City in Georgia.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Pelikan Nest

#9 wimg

wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• FPN Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,180 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 September 2005 - 15:59

Hi Tim,

Still waiting with baited breath! :D

BTW, I mentioned I deleted your posts, as per requests. What I forgot to mention is that your pictures didn´t upload, otherwise I would have resized them.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#10 woodwindmaster06

woodwindmaster06

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 20:49

Okay finally after almost 3 weeks of shipping time the music staff nib has arrived now all I need is to get the time to write up then scans!
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Pelikan Nest

#11 TheNobleSavage

TheNobleSavage

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,622 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 October 2005 - 17:19

My Sailor/swisher Magellan with the 21 kt music nib is a fantastic writer. I love the broad downstrokes and razor thin side strokes. I can even write with the nib upsidedown for extra extra fine writing. I still happen to like my Dad's Platinum Meistro 3 slit music nib. Very similar to mine but his has a tad bit more spring and his is a 14kt.

My next pen might be another Bexley with a Stub nib, who knows what the future will bring!!!

TNS
Check Out my Fountain Pen and Ink Review Sites
Fountain Pen Reviews
Ink Reviews

Sponsored Content

|