The Connecticut FP Club

Soupy1957

For the record, for those of you who had hoped to make the first State of Connecticut Fountain Pen Club meeting today, missed a great event!!

First and foremost, I'd like to thank Jay Polaski for his artistic flair and extensive knowledge of Fountain Pens, which proved to be of great value at today's event. Not only in the design ideas for the clubs logo, but also with regard to the education of those of us who were there, with regard to set up, repair and maintenance of FP's.

Contact has begun, with the folks who are coordinators of the New England Pen Show, with the hope that the CT FP Club will able to participate AS a "Club" at next years show, along with steps that will be taken to be part of the New York/New Jersey show, next year.

In the interrum, for those of you who could not attend today's meeting, be advised that Nov. 4th, (a Sunday) at 2 p.m., is our next meeting. We are planning a more centralized location (yet to be announced) in a restaurant in the Waterbury area, so that we might have a chance to "nibble" while we meet.

Pens, inks, and more were present at today's event, and we anticipate that each of you will feel free to bring YOUR items for sale or trade, and thoughts and ideas for the continued promotion of our club. Letterheads and fliers will be coming out soon, once we have the Logo finalized, so keep your eyes open.

-Soupy1957

Pens I currently own: (New Models, not antique)

Waterman "Phileas"

Sheaffer "Agio"

Parker "Latitude"

"Those whose hands have penned great thoughts, have also held an infant and touched an elderly cheek."

-S.Campbell

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jpolaski

• Ray-Vigo

• Soupy1957

No need to thank me, the meeting was a blast. I can't wait for next month! We should have a good restaurant or meeting place designated well before then, so any of you native to the Waterbury area, please chime in! Next week is going to be an incredibly important meeting for the organization as well, as we'll finally decide on the logo and name. So mark your calendars, and help shape CT pen history :)

"The older I get, the more I realize I'm getting older".

We're hoping to have one up and going eventually, but we'll definitely need more members to attend to take on the writing of articles, etc. If you;d be interested in submitting work feel free to email me, message me, or attend the next meeting Nov 4th!

"The older I get, the more I realize I'm getting older".