The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

The Parker Vector

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#101 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,632 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2016 - 18:06

~ pajaro:

I apologize for having offended.

Tom K.

I apologize to you if I over reacted.

Paul M.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Sponsored Content

#102 mitto

mitto

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 August 2016 - 14:16

+1

I appreciate this exchange of apologies.
Khan

#103 Kenlowe

Kenlowe

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 15:02

If we cannot be civil in this most gentle of hobbies then there is no hope.

We all make mistakes however.

#104 mitto

mitto

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,231 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2016 - 12:57

Civility and humility are among core human values.

And tolerance as well forgiveness are the bi-products of these pristine universal human values.

And as kenlowe said, no human is infallible.

Edited by mitto, 14 August 2016 - 12:58.

Khan

#105 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,976 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2016 - 20:08

Hi, The Vector 'F' nib is a fairly rare thing, I've looked in shops in the UK over many years, at the Parker ranges, and still have never seen an 'F' nib Vector for sale.

I believe Parker will do a nib exchange if the pen is under 30 days old, from date of purchase, with shop receipt to prove it. (I've not tested this service though.)

The only nib width options in the Vector range are 'F' and 'M'.  I don't know how differently they write on paper.

There were more elaborate versions of the Vector though, the '88' and Rialto, and they all can be smooth and reliable, simple pens.

That is very odd.  Most of mine are F nibs.  I think I do have one or two that are Ms, and I also have a 4 nib unit calligraphy set (ranging from F italic to XB italic).  And I'm pretty sure that *all* of mine are UK made, rather than being French or from the US.

Yup -- just checked my records.  The only Vectors I own that are NOT F nibs are the calligraphy set, what looks to be a DIY  job broad stub, and a stainless steel one with some company logo on it (which, IIRC, I may have gotten from the same dealer in the Netherlands from whom I got the three most recent pens in the Vector stash -- pink, sort of golden yellow, and olive green -- all three of which have F nibs).  Maybe that guy is going around and buying up all the F nibbed Vectors....  :rolleyes: 

In fact, I wasn't sure I'd get used to the first one *because* it wasn't a medium....  Until of course I realized just how much farther an ink cartridge went.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#106 Mike 59

Mike 59

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,307 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 August 2016 - 21:51

Hi, It's not just the Vector range either, 'M' nibs are the standard here on F.P's and in ballpoint or roller types it's 0.7, the 0.5mm versions just don't seem to get into the shops, I don't doubt it's possible to order some online, I prefer not to buy items I can't look at first.

I've been a 'fan' of the Parker brand since the early 90s, and still never seen anything other than 'M' fountain pens for sale, and I look everywhere that sells pens.

Edited by Mike 59, 14 August 2016 - 21:52.

Sponsored Content

|