Campo Marzio

peninhair

Hi there,

I have joined this sight because I used to have a beautiful (and I know some will not agree with me) red pen with white spots by campo marzio, it was bought as a gift and I have lost it. I would dearly love to replace it but am having trouble tracking down a supplier in the UK.

Can anyone help me please?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Clive Merrick Morel

• playpen

• Shangas

• peninhair

Is it a fountain pen or a ballpoint?

Before you judge someone walk a mile in their shoes. Then if you still judge them you will have a headstart and they will be barefoot.

Yes that is exactly the pen I lost, a fountain pen.

Hi, Peninhair!

At least you're on the right track (a little closer, anyway) to finding your new pen! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

With a bit of luck, someone from the UK will chime in and provide you with the name of a supplier close to your location.

I'll continue to scour the Internet for you during the meantime. :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Take care - and best of luck finding that Campo Marzio!

-Clive

-Clive Merrick Morel

. Please do not send PMs...E-mail me: clivemmorel@earthlink.net

Hi, Pennhair,

Shangas posted a message on FPN about his Campo Marzio that I thought may be of interest to you. :thumbup:

Also, I noticed a gentleman on eBay (UK) selling Campo Marzio rollerball pens.

Maybe . . . just maybe you might be able to persuade him to sell you the model you're after...It's worth a shot, don't ya' think?

-Clive

-Clive Merrick Morel

Welcome to FPN. I hope you find a replacement pen.

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

Wow, these pens are beautiful

I have been scouring the internet looking for an outlet but have had no success.

I tracked a number in NYC on Lexington Avenue but the phone number has changed and there is no information on a new number.

Does anyone know where these pens can be purchased?

Does anyone know where these pens can be purchased?

Hello, Playpen

In my initial post (see above) I found an online merchant in Italy that sells the exact model pen Peninhair is looking for... He was looking for a seller located in the UK and, to date, I haven't managed to find one.

They are indeed unique and classy FPs. :thumbup:

Cheers!

-Clive

-Clive Merrick Morel

Hi Clive,

Yes, I did see the link and followed it. I love the current price of that pen which, as far as I can tell, is ZERO EUROS! I could not figure out how to contact the establishment. Perhaps this is a sign that I should not even ask about the pen. I do wonder though, how much they are charging for it and how many millions it would cost to have it shipped over here.

I warn you, if you do not answer my questions, I will be all the richer. If you do find out this information and post it for me here, I may be forced to be turned out onto a street corner with nothing but a shopping cart (filled with FPS!!). :)

Ok, I just took another look at the site and discovered it is a very pretty site but they do not appear to have stores in the UK or the USA. They also require you to sign in before they will divulge price information. Interesting, to say the least. I wonder what the purpose of this could possibly be..... :unsure:

Edited by playpen

Hi Clive,

Yes, I did see the link and followed it. I love the current price of that pen which, as far as I can tell, is ZERO EUROS! I could not figure out how to contact the establishment. Perhaps this is a sign that I should not even ask about the pen. I do wonder though, how much they are charging for it and how many millions it would cost to have it shipped over here.

I warn you, if you do not answer my questions, I will be all the richer. If you do find out this information and post it for me here, I may be forced to be turned out onto a street corner with nothing but a shopping cart (filled with FPS!!). :)

Hello, Playpen

Saw that "0 Euros" price, as well...Either the pen's awfully inexpensive, the webmaster's asleep, or it's an auction site! :roflmho:

To contact Campo Marzio Design (it's a Flash-based website, so make sure all your scripting controls are set to "Enable" or "Prompt"):

• Click here first
  • Click on 'Skip Intro'
  • Click on 'contacts'
A street corner you say?..With nothing but a shopping cart filled with FPs?..Please let me know the exact street corner (i.e., the names of both the main and cross streets), plus any GPS info you may have...I'll ease-on-by and give you a $100 plus a 'short-dog' (look it up) for the cart and its contents...You can't lose, I tell ya'!!!

Take care,

-Clive :D

-Clive Merrick Morel

Hi guys,

Yes, I do own a Campo Marzio, as Clive pointed out. I purchased mine in Paris, France, in 2003. I'm also aware that they're now being sold in Singapore, but I didn't see any shops selling them when I was in London (Also in 2003).

http://www.throughouthistory.com/ - My Blog on History & Antiques

Hi Clive,

As long as the short dog is a chocolate milk, you've got a deal. The exact corner of my choosing is Fifth Avenue and 57th Street, the southeast corner as you're facing uptown......that's where you will find me visiting my collection..... :)

Shangas, would you care to give us a ballpark figure on the prices of those pens?

Hey guys,

As for prices, I honestly couldn't say. They're good quality, I know that. The one I bought was heavy, solid metal. A cartridge-filler with a stiff, fine nib. Very durable and an excellent daily writer, able to put up with hundreds of pages of high-speed cursive.

To my memory, I paid fifty Euros for it, in December, 2003. I'm not sure if this is much of a guide. The design of the pen was the 'Minny'. My particular one was light grey with gold plating on the rings and clip, exactly the same size as the Montblanc 145.

http://www.throughouthistory.com/ - My Blog on History & Antiques

Using a currency converter I see that this price is about 70 US dollars. I wonder how much that has increased in the years since but it appears as though I will never find out. I emailed this company days and days ago and have not yet received a reply.

(I have been waiting more than a year for Penseller.com to answer and have never heard from them either in response to any question I have ever asked).

Hey guys,

As for prices, I honestly couldn't say. They're good quality, I know that. The one I bought was heavy, solid metal. A cartridge-filler with a stiff, fine nib. Very durable and an excellent daily writer, able to put up with hundreds of pages of high-speed cursive.

To my memory, I paid fifty Euros for it, in December, 2003. I'm not sure if this is much of a guide. The design of the pen was the 'Minny'. My particular one was light grey with gold plating on the rings and clip, exactly the same size as the Montblanc 145.

Hi Shangas,

Thanks so much for coming to the aid of Peninhair...Your poignant description compels ME to want to go out and buy one, the truth be told.

"Able to put up with hundreds of pages of high-speed cursive."..The Campo Marzio sounds like the 'Superman of Italian fountain pens' when you put it that way! :D

Cheers!

-Clive

-Clive Merrick Morel

Hi Clive,

As long as the short dog is chocolate milk, you've got a deal. The exact corner of my choosing is Fifth Avenue and 57th Street, the southeast corner as you're facing uptown......that's where you will find me visiting my collection.....

:)

Hello Playpen :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, for a short dog (pronounced showt dawg) would never qualify as being made from chocolate milk.

That being said, I'll gladly comply with your wish - and provide you with a shopping cart overflowing with cartons (or bottles) of chocolate milk in exchange for your pen collection...See ya' on the SE corner of 5th Avenue & 57th Street . . . say, in about 2 hours? :D :roflmho: :lol:

Take care.

Best Regards,

-Clive

-Clive Merrick Morel

Hi Clive,

On second thought, you might find me on Wall Street.....they just opened a branch there and I have yet to check it out but my better half checked it out and brought me a beautiful sugar cookie with a lovely blue surface and gorgeous sugar bow on top to celebrate the occasion. Sadly, he did not show up with champagne. I suspect that it must have dried up on the subway.....the cookie however is safely ensconced in a glass showcase where it will remain until something comes along and gobbles it down...

As for the short dawg, are you sure about that? We can always add a little 2 cents plain to it and pretend...

Hey There, Playpen :happyberet:

OK...Wall Street it is, then...BTW - That sugar cookie sounds sweet enough to cause diabetes!..In other words, I'd like one NOW. :roflmho:

2-cents plain?..Since when did you begin using such colorful street langauge? :bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

Gotta ease-on-down-the-line ('agitate 'da gravel') for a spell...Will be back on a little later...

Great hearing from you, as always. :thumbup:

-Clive

P.S.:..I'm in the process of scraping together the necessary cash for this little trinket.

-Clive Merrick Morel