Pelikan M7000 Majesty: Two *HUGE* JPEGs

Clive Merrick Morel

I disagree with you about plating. Not everyone who wants to buy a silver pen wants the tarnish that goes with it - that's why they plate. But the base metal is still silver.

Yes, the base metal is silver, but what you see is the plating, not the silver. As to silver tarnishing, it takes maybe five minutes a year to keep it sparkling. The look of silver is unmistakable, and to me, the slight tarnishing is a very small price to pay, or a benefit, depending on how you look at it. Of course, it is all a matter of personal taste.

Well, I love vermeil. It's not just ordinary gold plating on brass - it has a special 'look' and quality that only gilded silver has. As I love both gold and silver, but could never afford solid gold, vermeil is a very nice compromise.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bennington1967

• Clive Merrick Morel

• Hoarder68

• devjeethensh

Okay. I think I get it now. The pen is metal. I thought there were two diffwerent models (one was metal and the other was that pretty blue see-through section. I would buy the pretty blue one, but not the metal one. Apparently, I prefer Pelikans in their underwear.

Kath

I only like ladies in their underwear!

This one is He or She ? :glare:

The Majesty is stunning in its clean simplicity. As in fine artistic expression, what is absent reinforces the beauty of what is so sparingly and beautifully portrayed. In this case, I find my eye wanting to see more while I admire the depth of thought and care that went in to such a restrained, noble design. This, in my opinion, is at the essence of "majesty:" a crass adolescent striving to be noticed is left behind unneeded because majesty simply is.

I also wish my wallet had the simple nobility to able to afford one.... :crybaby:

The Majesty is stunning in its clean simplicity. As in fine artistic expression, what is absent reinforces the beauty of what is so sparingly and beautifully portrayed. In this case, I find my eye wanting to see more while I admire the depth of thought and care that went in to such a restrained, noble design. This, in my opinion, is at the essence of "majesty:" a crass adolescent striving to be noticed is left behind unneeded because majesty simply is.

I also wish my wallet had the simple nobility to able to afford one.... :crybaby:

Hello, Russ

I suggest you seriously consider submitting your exquisite description of The Majesty to the head honchos at Pelikan. You never know . . . they might GIVE you one!!!

BRAVO, Sir! :clap1:

Best Regards,

-Clive

-Clive Merrick Morel

. Please do not send PMs...E-mail me: clivemmorel@earthlink.net

Thank you, Clive! You are quite generous.

I think I will submit to Pelikan. It will be enjoyable to see how they respond.

Russ

There is one on Ebay now. The only thing that bothers me about this pen is that you have to unscrew it to fill it. It seems pointless unless it's a CC filler, which this one is not.

Anyway, it does look nice, certainly nicer than the other non-Montblanc German sterling silver fountain pen, the Faber-Castell, which is rather dull looking and lightweight. At 62g the Majesty has nice heft.

Oh well, I now have two sterling pens I want by Christmas: the Duofold Esparto and this one. My bank account is dying.

Thank you, Clive! You are quite generous.

I think I will submit to Pelikan. It will be enjoyable to see how they respond.

Russ

'Twas my pleasure, Russ!.. I just call 'em as I see 'em!!! :thumbup: ...Pelikan will undoubtedly be very impressed by your passionate description of their regal Majesty.

Wouldn't it be geat if they *DID* send you a new Majesty -- enhanced by the inclusion of a signed Record of Authentication -- all contained within a one-of-a-kind presentation box, constructed entirely from rare African woods, sporting platinum/gold inlays?

The realistic scenario may be slightly different, however... They may elect to send you a Spartan e-mail response, probably something not too unlike the following:. "Thank you for your interest in Pelikan products... The Pelikan M7000 Majesty is currently available; the retail cost has been set at $1,200.00... We sincerely hope you continue using our many fine products and further, humbly request you spread the word regarding the Pelikan line among family and friends."

-Clive :D

-Clive Merrick Morel

I rather expect the formal response and not the presentation box. :rolleyes:

However, I did ask for a direct e-mail to staff in order to make a connection.

I recently held and textdrove it. A wonderful pen. Feels much larger than an 600 in my hand. High quality made. The only concern: I would'nt want to spend even $700 on a sterling pen. I don't know. They get scratched up pretty quickly...

I recently held and textdrove it. A wonderful pen. Feels much larger than an 600 in my hand. High quality made. The only concern: I would'nt want to spend even $700 on a sterling pen. I don't know. They get scratched up pretty quickly...

They only get scratched up if you scratch them! A jewel needs to be taken care of, not abused - and silver pens are jewels, not workhorses.

They only get scratched up if you scratch them! A jewel needs to be taken care of, not abused - and silver pens are jewels, not workhorses.

Hi Mark,

I don't abuse my silver pens (nor any other pen). I have a Cross Townsend full-silver pen which costs a fraction of this Pelikan. And I have been really careful with it. Nonetheless, in the course of time the silver collects these scratches which are unavoidable due to the softness of the material. I am sure they can be polished out but with the Cross they add to the flair of a used silver pen (and you don't bite yourself when you see scratches on a $120 Cross pen).

As much as I love the Pelikan, I think even $700 is a bit steep for such a pen and I would be too afraid to use it. Just keeping it as a jewel in a box and staring at it wouldn't be my cup of tea.

Hi Mark,

I don't abuse my silver pens (nor any other pen). I have a Cross Townsend full-silver pen which costs a fraction of this Pelikan. And I have been really careful with it. Nonetheless, in the course of time the silver collects these scratches which are unavoidable due to the softness of the material. I am sure they can be polished out but with the Cross they add to the flair of a used silver pen (and you don't bite yourself when you see scratches on a $120 Cross pen).

As much as I love the Pelikan, I think even $700 is a bit steep for such a pen and I would be too afraid to use it. Just keeping it as a jewel in a box and staring at it wouldn't be my cup of tea.

Ah, but the Pelikan is coated with platinum to prevent the pen becoming prone to scratches. It's like having your car sprayed with metallic paint.

I used to own a Cross Sterling and I didn't like it; it felt very lightweight and lacked heft. A good silver pen should have 'body' to it, in my opinion. Good weight is a sign of quality. Feel free to disagree, as this is only my view!

I rather expect the formal response and not the presentation box. :rolleyes:

However, I did ask for a direct e-mail to staff in order to make a connection.

Hi, Russ!

Ha!...Yeah, we both know (though not for certain, but pretty darned sure, nonetheless) -- that it'll be a cold day in hell before either of us receive a free Pelikan Majesty 'based solely upon our good words.' :bunny01:

-Clive

-Clive Merrick Morel

Exceptionally well stated.

-Clive Merrick Morel

Ah, but the Pelikan is coated with platinum to prevent the pen becoming prone to scratches. It's like having your car sprayed with metallic paint.

Bennington1967 -- It wasn't until recently did I learn of this... Pelikan has 'pulled-out all the stops' when they elected to (electroplate?) their Majesty with platinum, IMHO... How much better can it get, I ask you?!?? :thumbup:

Bravo, Pelikan!!! :clap1:

-Clive

-Clive Merrick Morel

I've put up some pix and weights and measures info on the Majesty here.

Richard,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and for providing the additional physical data & photos.

BTW - Tell your 'business partner' (in no uncertain terms):.."You have a choice: either you allow me to purchase a Majesty of my very own, or, so help me, I'll buy you out! :D :roflmho: :lol: ... (No -- I didn't think that would work, either.) :crybaby:

-Clive

P.S.:..Get one anyway! :thumbup:

-Clive Merrick Morel