• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bennington1967

• Clive Merrick Morel

• Hoarder68

• deepocean

Okay. I think I get it now. The pen is metal. I thought there were two diffwerent models (one was metal and the other was that pretty blue see-through section. I would buy the pretty blue one, but not the metal one. Apparently, I prefer Pelikans in their underwear.

Kath

Why, sometimes I'd like to take a switchblade and a peppermint and a Cadillac and throw it all in a fire.

Danitrio Fellowship

I do not plan to buy the M7000 Majesty because it is my understanding that it has the same nib as the M600 series of pens. That nib is just too small.
So it's another M600 size pen.
It needs fins, and a "V8" logo on the side.

According to the information I've gleaned from FPN, various websites and a blog or two . . .

The Pelikan M7000 Majesty:

• Will be made from Sterling silver
  • Will be between an 800 and a 1000 in length
  • Will use 800-sized nibs
  • Will have a solid brass converter/filler
  • Can be optionally-equipped with '58 DeSoto rear fins
  • Unlike lesser pens, will come factory-equipped with a Bugatti Veyron 16.4 (16-cylinder) engine

Like I'd stated in a previous post, until the pen has been released (hopefully, next month), I'll reserve any and all judgement; waiting not only for its reviews to appear, but additionally seeking opinions from an assortment of knowledgeable dealers (Richard Binder is at the very top of my list).

With any luck, a pen dealer within, say, a 100-mile radius from my home will really/truly/actually carry the Majesty . . . whereby I could hold/fondle/use (er, see) first-hand, what all the fuss is about.

Unitil it's on the market and available for sale, everything else is mere 'educated' speculation and rumor (except for the optional fins and 16-cylinder engine). :D

-Clive

Edited by Clive Merrick Morel

-Clive Merrick Morel

. Please do not send PMs...E-mail me: clivemmorel@earthlink.net

I have a question:

is this pen a limited edition?

No, a regular line pen.

only one word in the English language can summarize my feelings right now:

AWESOME!

:thumbup:

Okay. I think I get it now. The pen is metal. I thought there were two diffwerent models (one was metal and the other was that pretty blue see-through section. I would buy the pretty blue one, but not the metal one. Apparently, I prefer Pelikans in their underwear.

Kath

I only like ladies in their underwear!

I think $400 is a fair price this pen (to me at least).

You have to look at the prices of other Pelikan pens and see how the Majesty fits in. Pelikan sees this pen as the top-of-the-range, so it is going to be priced accordingly. I doubt that the Majesty will be produced in large numbers, so a low price would not be advisable in these circumstances. And this pen will compete against similat sterling pens like the MB 146 Solitaire, Waterman Exception Sterling, Duofold Esparto, etc. $400 would be much too low.

Hi,

The Majesty has already been released, the launch date was April 1, 2007. If you want one, I'm quite sure I could get you one.

Dillon

Wrong. This date was postponed six months to October.

Hi,

This date is what I received from Chartpak. It looks like it is in stock at Chartpak.

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

My thoughts on this pen:

The good:

- even if it is M600 size, it should accommodate larger hands thanks to its grip design.

- the nib does not seem too small to me on this pen as some have suggested, although a slightly larger nib might look even better

- it looks sleek.

The bad:

- What is the point of making a sterling silver pen if you are going to cover it with platinum??? :hmm1:

- At the price point it is being offered, you can find many other SS pens, some even cheaper, with far more intricate and striking designs. Yes, the Majesty has a clean flowing design, but one that doesn't justify its price. For about the same or less, you can get one of the beautiful SS Conway Stewarts, such as the Drake or 100 Icon, one of the Yard-O-Led Grand Viceroys, the Duofold Esparto if you like that kind of design, and some other pens from Waterford, Waterman, etc. Is the Majesty unique and striking enough to stand out among these other pens? I can only guess in general, but it wouldn't as far as my wallet is concerned.

My thoughts on this pen:

The good:

- even if it is M600 size, it should accommodate larger hands thanks to its grip design.

- the nib does not seem too small to me on this pen as some have suggested, although a slightly larger nib might look even better

- it looks sleek.

The bad:

- What is the point of making a sterling silver pen if you are going to cover it with platinum??? :hmm1:

- At the price point it is being offered, you can find many other SS pens, some even cheaper, with far more intricate and striking designs. Yes, the Majesty has a clean flowing design, but one that doesn't justify its price. For about the same or less, you can get one of the beautiful SS Conway Stewarts, such as the Drake or 100 Icon, one of the Yard-O-Led Grand Viceroys, the Duofold Esparto if you like that kind of design, and some other pens from Waterford, Waterman, etc. Is the Majesty unique and striking enough to stand out among these other pens? I can only guess in general, but it wouldn't as far as my wallet is concerned.

Platinum is being used more and more for plating sterling silver pens because it protects the metal from tarnish. Now, I know that many of us like the tarnish that silver gets over time, but the pen manufacturers think differently! Waterman has used the same approach for the sterling silver Edson and Exception.

I did own a CS Icon but found it too small for my liking, so it ended up being Ebayed. The Majesty is a little longer and heavier than the Icon. In anycase, I will need to see and hold the Majesty before buying it.

I did own a CS Icon but found it too small for my liking, so it ended up being eBayed. The Majesty is a little longer and heavier than the Icon. In any case, I will need to see and hold the Majesty before buying it.

Hello, Bennington1967

I've been following your posts and wholeheartedly agree with all of 'em. :thumbup:

The more I read about the Majesty, the more curious I become. I, too, would prefer to see and hold one prior to purchasing it. However, if push comes to shove, I'm mighty tempted to 'go for it' as they say, and buy the thing sight-on-scene. (How bad could this pen possibly be, for God's sake?!??)

I've looked at the sterling pens Stylo listed in his post, and, yes, they're 'not bad.' There's just something about the Majesty that elevates it above its rivals, IMHO. Admittedly, I am just a wee bit biased toward Pelikans, which might serve as one of the key factors behind my lust for this particular Sterling silver pen. :puddle: What can I tell you? I really love the Majesty's striking appearance: her bold, yet graceful lines (of course it's a female!), her tastefully-appointed gold trim, her exquisite nib . . . I could go on and on. I believe you get the picture. :D

Take it easy.

-Clive

http://www.pelikan.com/pulse/vfs-public/img/withoutText/press/products/pre_Majesty_1.jpg

-Clive Merrick Morel

. Please do not send PMs...E-mail me: clivemmorel@earthlink.net

Platinum is being used more and more for plating sterling silver pens because it protects the metal from tarnish. Now, I know that many of us like the tarnish that silver gets over time, but the pen manufacturers think differently! Waterman has used the same approach for the sterling silver Edson and Exception.

I just checked the Waterman site. There is no mention that the SS Edson LE or the SS Exception are plated with Platinum.

There are, however, other brand pens that offer platinum plating instead of silver, not on top of silver.

To me, the point of using silver is the finish. If you are going to cover it, you might as well use a cheaper metal. Unless, of course, someone just likes having the pen made entirely of a precious metals.

Edited by Stylo

I just checked the Waterman site. There is no mention that the SS Edson LE or the SS Exception are plated with Platinum.

There are, however, other brand pens that offer platinum plating instead of silver, not on top of silver.

To me, the point of using silver is the finish. If you are going to cover it, you might as well use a cheaper metal. Unless, of course, someone just likes having the pen made entirely of a precious metals.

There is no mention but they ARE coated with either rhodium or platinum - trust me. Just go and pick one up in a shop and you'll see for yourself.

I disagree with you about plating. Not everyone who wants to buy a silver pen wants the tarnish that goes with it - that's why they plate. But the base metal is still silver. Vermeil is another approach, this time using gold as the plating metal.

I disagree with you about plating. Not everyone who wants to buy a silver pen wants the tarnish that goes with it - that's why they plate. But the base metal is still silver.

Yes, the base metal is silver, but what you see is the plating, not the silver. As to silver tarnishing, it takes maybe five minutes a year to keep it sparkling. The look of silver is unmistakable, and to me, the slight tarnishing is a very small price to pay, or a benefit, depending on how you look at it. Of course, it is all a matter of personal taste.