Got an ink you'd like to see reviewed? Request it here.

southpaw

Maybe not quite the right board for this, but is there a comparison between Noodler's Walnut and Noodler's Whaleman's Sepia? (Search isn't showing much) And if not, is anyone in a position offer one?

31182132197_f921f7062d.jpg

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Mew

• Chrissy

• AndyYNWA

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, comparisons are different than reviews.

If you want comparisons, go over to the CRV section and see if you can find letters.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I would like to see reviews of the ‘Pure Pens’ inks on sale at pelikanpens.co.uk

https://www.pelikanpens.co.uk/collections/inks-refills/pure-pens-fountain-pen-ink-new

Their website says that they have specifically designed most of their inks to ‘sit between’ the usual colours on offer from major manufacturers, and to give shading.

In particular I would like to see reviews of

Cadwaladr

Celtic Sea

Flower of Scotland

Glens of Antrim

Saltire Blue

Cheers,

M.

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

• 3 weeks later...

I love the colour burgundy and was pleasantly surprised to find Amazon listing a German ink - Octopus. It is about the same price as an imported 4oz Noodlers but is 250ml - so need to know you like it.

Anyone familiar with Octopus or their burgundy offering?

post-38809-0-22616100-1578856388_thumb.jpg

Edited by Eoghan2009

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone?

I have a few of the Octopus inks, plus their CMYB Rainbow Ink Mixing Kit. The inks I bought are 30ml, in the Pelikan 4001-shaped bottles. Burgunder (Burgundy) is one of my favourites: it is a good rich colour, behaves well, dries reasonably quickly and exhibits good shading. I have a couple of bottles, and as I’m in the UK, I’d be happy to send you a sample vial of it to try out before you commit to that GIANT bottle! Just let me know if you’re interested :)

Verba volant, scripta manent

I'd love to see reviews of Hero inks that come in newer rectangular glass bottles in many colors (such as Deep Green, Sky Blue, Coffee, etc.) We seem to only have reviews of the older, basic color inks by Hero, not the new line.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Waterman ‘Harmonious Green’ - surely somebody on here must have some of it!

I just cannot believe that nobody on here still has any of what one would expect to be a ‘mainstream’ ink - after all, no end of us seem to have Waterman ‘Serenity Blue’.

Perhaps the people who buy ’Harmonious Green’ just aren’t the kind of people who are ‘interested in’ their pens/inks enough to warrant joining an internet forum devoted to them, but simply use & regard them as ‘reliable everyday tools’?

It’s like LAMY Green, or Pelikan 4001 ‘Brilliant Red’ - these big pen companies still make the stuff, so presumably somebody must still be buying it. It’s just that the group of purchasers doesn’t seem to include any members of FPN.

mini-postcard-exc.png

Waterman ‘Harmonious Green’ - surely somebody on here must have some of it!

I just cannot believe that nobody on here still has any of what one would expect to be a ‘mainstream’ ink - after all, no end of us seem to have Waterman ‘Serenity Blue’.

Perhaps the people who buy ’Harmonious Green’ just aren’t the kind of people who are ‘interested in’ their pens/inks enough to warrant joining an internet forum devoted to them, but simply use & regard them as ‘reliable everyday tools’?

It’s like LAMY Green, or Pelikan 4001 ‘Brilliant Red’ - these big pen companies still make the stuff, so presumably somebody must still be buying it. It’s just that the group of purchasers doesn’t seem to include any members of FPN.

Okay, okay. :D

I will post a review of Waterman Harmonious Green, since it is one of my favorite greens. But please give me a day or two.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Okay, okay. :D

I will post a review of Waterman Harmonious Green, since it is one of my favorite greens. But please give me a day or two.

Thank you!

And gladly :thumbup:

mini-postcard-exc.png

• 1 month later...

How about Diamine Lion Rock. Someone is selling it on eBay for $35/$7 shipping. Looks interesting - brown with a green sheen. Since the Diamine website is closed, am posting a pic found elsewhere below.

However I have Maggis (burgundy with green sheen) which is nasty, so I'm wondering if Lion Rock also sheens to a mucky color. I'm not a fan of reddish browns - this looks a bit reddish.

Does anyone have any Lion Rock who could offer some observations?

lion-rock-01.png?w=980&h=639

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like proper reviews on the hero 7000 series inks, they come in 12 different colors and I've seen a post with samples of a few of them but no proper reviews. Also really hard to find reviews of them online.

I'm specifically interested in reviews on the

Dark blue

Blue black

Blue

Light green

Dark green

Orange

Brown

Id like to see any of the Colorverse Office series inks, but Permanent Navy interests me the most. I'm especially interested in how these inks perform on cheaper papers. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Could anyone please review the following?

Jacques Herbin Ambre Insouciance

Jacques Herbin Bleu Plénitude

Jacques Herbin Noir Inspiration

Jacques Herbin Brun Prévenance

These are the scented ones of the premium Herbin lineup.

Thanks!

Id like to see any of the Colorverse Office series inks, but Permanent Navy interests me the most. I'm especially interested in how these inks perform on cheaper papers. Thanks in advance.

I think I saw Brunch Date somewhere, but yes, more reviews of that series would be lovely. I'd love to see Under the Shade in particular.

• 2 weeks later...

And the Colorverse photoblack in that series. Looks like an interesting almost-black

fpn_1474627498__arttonic_smallest.jpg

Arttonic papers make you want to write. Enjoy them on Instagram if you can't get them in person.

Hi,

I would like to see reviews of the ‘Pure Pens’ inks on sale at pelikanpens.co.uk

https://www.pelikanpens.co.uk/collections/inks-refills/pure-pens-fountain-pen-ink-new

Their website says that they have specifically designed most of their inks to ‘sit between’ the usual colours on offer from major manufacturers, and to give shading.

In particular I would like to see reviews of

Cadwaladr

Celtic Sea

Flower of Scotland

Glens of Antrim

Saltire Blue

Cheers,

M.

I second that — these are amazing! Include Cwm Idwal in my list.

fpn_1474627498__arttonic_smallest.jpg

Arttonic papers make you want to write. Enjoy them on Instagram if you can't get them in person.

Hi

Anyone?

Hi Eoghan

I have a couple of bottles of Octopus Burgundy and quite a few of their other colours; I like their ink I found it to be good quality and decent depth of colour when writing with it. I accidentally tested Platinum's slip and seal lifespan with it and after 14 months the ink was fine - I tested it and then cleaned the pen:

My friend Charlie wrote a review of it if you are interested: https://theindianmarmaladecompany.com/2017/12/03/ink-of-the-month-december/

I like their inks and have ordered them directly and the shipping fees were very reasonable and at the time it was cheaper than buying via Amazon, however, for the odd bottle Amazon was cheaper.

Hope this helps

Al

• 2 months later...