Beware!!! Ink-drinking, pensmoking freak ahead!!!

fasthand

Hello :lol: !

I`m a writer whose hand has suffered many years from ballpen-abuse.I used them at school, at home and everywhere. A good handwriting had never been my strength, I was more the "unreadable" type. One day I went to the office shop to buy another refill for my one and only writing instrument -a Pelikan 478 ballpen in black and silver. While the shop assistant disappeared to get the required refill I marveled over a display box with some Lamy fountain pens. In opposite to the Pelikans they didn`t look like antiques. Their stylish appearances fascinated me and made me want to try one out instantly. One Lamy fountain pen reminded me of a Zeppelin aircraft and after a short writing test I bought it. It was a Lamy Edition2000. A big and heavy fountain pen with brushed stainless steel cap and body parts plus an incredibly flexible medium nib.This pen has much more weight than a normal Lamy 2000, but what makes it incomparable with any other pen I know is the feel of the surface. It feels like the surface is made of fine silk, nothing more, nothing less. I haven`t found a pen yet which can top this one`s outstanding haptic qualities and nib expression yet.I`m still glad about this little thing that made me want to write every day and in addition improved my handwriting a lot B) .

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• southpaw

• woodwindmaster06

• Mannenhitsu

• tntaylor

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilkomen, Fasthand!

A treat to have you here from the city in Germany where the finest German is spoken. :) I had a friend from Braunschweig, Fasthand. When we visited him in 1970 he had to take us to Hannover where he just wanted me to roam around the streets and listen to the language the way it is supposed to be spoken.

A special edition Lamy 2000, eh? Was it constructed of the same Makrolon (sp?) material as the regular 2000? The 2000 may well be next on my wish list. Had a few moments with one recently and was most impressed! :D

Amusing, that it takes a cultured German to come in here and reintroduce to me a word that I haven't heard, in perhaps 50 years.. "haptic"! I remember it in a book in college and that was it. I'd forgotten it completely until now. ;)

So, enjoy the FPN or Fountain Pen Nuthouse as we are prone to call it.

Wiederlesen.

Roger

Southern Arizona, USA

Fountain Pen Talk Mailing List

See, that's all it takes; just one sighting of THE fountain pen and a person is hooked (for me it was the Namiki Vanishing Point). Aren't you glad the shop didn't have those refills at the counter? :D

You know, I might have to have "Ink-Drinking Pen-smoking Freak" emblazoned across a t-shirt...

Welcome to FPN!

t!

flippin' like a pancake

poppin' like a cork

Welcome aboard Fasthand! After so much praise for your special pen, I do hope you plan on posting pics and perhaps even a review in the near future. To do otherwise would be pure torture to a bunch of FP addicts like us :D . Glad to have you here and I'm sure you'll be an asset and enjoy all of the FP (and sometimes not-so-FP) banter.

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

From the city of Pelikan that must be awesome, and maybe perhaps some better prices on them. Glad to see another new member, fountain pens are really fun especially when you get into the specialty nibs.

Well welcome

Tim: The Music Pen Guy

http://www.fountainpenhospital.com/images/pelikan_images/concerto.jpg

http://www.penmuseum.co.uk/images/pelog4.jpghttp://www.penmuseum.co.uk/images/pelog1.jpg

Pelikan Nest

Wilkomen to the FPN Fasthand :D

I am sure you will love the place here, and I am sure the Ink Forum, will help you find some great inks for consumption. ;) Someday, I want to go back to your country and get lost in the culture of the place. It's been years since I have spoken and German and your city sounds like the ideal place to brush-up on my language skills. :D

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."