Introducing the NEW Esterbrook.net

Brian Anderson

It's a bit overdue, but I've just completed my major update to my website. I've added at least 7 new pages and over 30 new images to my pages, not to mention a better look all around. For those who love Esterbrook, please take a gander:

www.esterbrook.net

Best-

Brian

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brian Anderson

• Gerry

• Ann Finley

• krz

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I came across your site a week or so ago, when I was looking up nibs, and found your nibs listing to be VERY helpful.

One suggestion on the overall look of the site, though. A lot of the images are displayed in a column with a description directly above (I think it's above) them. It can be a bit confusing, initially, to recognize whether the description is for the item above or below it. Perhaps an additional couple of spaces (or dividing line or decorative flourish) between items, so that an image and its description appear more grouped together, might be easier for viewers to understand?

Looking forward to future updates, as I am definitely an Estie convert! :D

t!

(edit: yes, I edited to insert a comma)

Edited by tntaylor

flippin' like a pancake

poppin' like a cork

Yeah, that's always been a problem area. In fact, I found myself a bit confused this afternoon. It's a bit cleaned up from the old site, but apparently not enough. I guess that's coming in update 2.1 :)

Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Best-

Brian

Great improvements. I have always enjoyed your site and have made good use of the info you have. Someday I hope to get my site up, but for now the closer I get to finishing it, the further I seem to get behind. Thanks for the work.

Nice, Brian!! As always, I learn something each time I visit your site. :)

I've got a question: Do the standard, "non-dipless" desk holders hold ink or just hold the pen and act as a cap would to foil evaporation? I ask this because I see that some models of desk pens are levered for filling.

Best regards,

Ann

Do the standard, "non-dipless" desk holders hold ink or just hold the pen and act as a cap would to foil evaporation? I ask this because I see that some models of desk pens are levered for filling.

The non dip-less holders do not hold ink and ALWAYS come with a LF or Aerometric (for later models) desk pen. Ballpoints were an option too. If you ever see a dip-less set on ebay with a LF pen, it is incorrect. Vice-versa, a dip-less pen would NEVER come with a desk holder.

Best-

Brian

• 3 months later...

Great site Brian! I was able to identify the Esterbrooks I've hung on to all these years. It looks like I'm the proud owner of a handful of Double Jewel J's. :)

Thanks for the info.

How can you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

Great site Brian! I was able to identify the Esterbrooks I've hung on to all these years. It looks like I'm the proud owner of a handful of Double Jewel J's. :)

Thanks for the info.

Pictures!!! We want Pictures!! Which nibs?

Best-

Brian

(trying to avoid work at all costs this morning)

Hi Brian,

Wow! Major piece of work! Congratulations!

Warmest regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Pictures!!! We want Pictures!! Which nibs?

It may be a spell before I have pictures to put up, I'm separated by about 2,500 miles now from my meager handful of vintage pens. But I will post pics when I get back!

All the best,

How can you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

You have a great site with a ton of information. I have only been able to scratch the surface of it in my miniscule amount of spare time.

Thanks.

Wonderful site Brian. Just gor a bundle of Esterbrooks to organize for a collector friend in the Ottawa club, and the newly added pictures are going to be an absolute godsend in identifying a good number of his pens. Fortunately I have the J's, LJ's and SJ's nailed :lol:

He does have quite a number of Deluxe M101's and M2's that I am not particularly familiar with - your photos will be a big help.

Thanks for the resouce.

Gerry

Yeah, that's always been a problem area.  In fact, I found myself a bit confused this afternoon.  It's a bit cleaned up from the old site, but apparently not enough.  I guess that's coming in update 2.1  :)

Thanks for the constructive criticism.

Best-

Brian

If you always include reference to the colour of the pen, I find the description is self evident. Sometimes the colour is missing though.

Gerry

Need a little help in identification of an Esterbrook.

The pen is a screw top lever fill that has a barrel that looks like an M2, but the cap doesn't have the V shape - it's flat or slightly rounded. Any ideas?

post-38-1136697151_thumb.jpg

Here's the whole pen...

Couldn't find an exact equivalent on Brian's site.

Gerry

post-38-1136697337_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gerry

Looks like a member of the cx-100 family. These came in about four different configurations I've seen:

1) cartridge pen friction fit cap

2) cartridge pen screw cap

3) lever fill pen friction fit cap

4) lever fill pen screw cap

I think #1 is technically the cx-100, the others most likely had some other similar model designation. Somewhat more unusual in #'s 2-4. I don't have an exact date on these, but must be early 60's or so. The screw caps weren't the greatest design, but they work. :)

Best-

Brian