Pelikan M215

Apollo

Sorry, but among many searches I've done and photo viewed, I still don't understand whether this pen came with a trasparent ink window (as Lozenge one) or it doesn't... From photos is really hard to recognise it!

Yes it does have the ink window ... I have one and love it!

Thank you very much! It'll be my next purchase. :wub:

Another (minor) controversial question is whether it features a metallic barrel or not.. Frequently here I read about a metallic body but my favourite (& very expert) dealer talked to me about a plastic one instead (like M150)! Maybe he was wrong? Are only the white pattern to be metallic (palladium) or even the entire barrel (yep, not in palladium I guess :lol: )?

Thank you in advance!!

Edited by Warriah
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5170/firma4nl.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Apollo

• KCat

• Kelly

• southpaw

Top Posters In This Topic

yes it does, that's why it is heavier than the standard 200

I'm a little hot potato right meow

"no they are not making littler ponies, they are EMBRACING"

I opened a box of cheerios and planted them. I thought they were doughnut seeds. They didn't sprout :( (joke of the week)

Another (minor) controversial question is whether it features a metallic barrel or not.. Frequently here I read about a metallic body but my favourite (& very expert) dealer talked to me about a plastic one instead (like M150)! Maybe he was wrong? Are only the white pattern to be metallic (palladium) or even the entire barrel (yep, not in palladium I guess :lol: )?

Thank you in advance!!

It's metal-plastic. I guess the there are metal bars placed within the plastic barrel. Well, it doesn't matter at all, as the feeling of solidity you get from the M215 makes it entirely (and to me, positively) different than other models from the M150-M400 range.

Cogitamus non ideam sed per ideam.

Thanks for the review. It looks a really cool pen. I've been interested in getting a Pelikan as everyone raves about their writing quality. The regular M200 doesn't appeal to me with its marbled effect, and I'm not that keen on demonstrator pens.

The M215 in blue with the pinstripe is the one I've just placed an order for. Really looking forward to testing it out.

As others have said, it has some metal but is mostly plastic. It is a bit heavier than the M200/205 pens, but not too heavy at all - just right. I love the M215 Lozenge.

• 11 months later...

Hi all! I have another question.. :roflmho:

I bought a black striped M215 almost a year ago but, since I'm still delighted with that purchase, I'm planning to add another M215 sister to my small collection. I looked at the Pelikan blue striped, a model which intrigued me yet a year ago. I know that it is out of production today but if I would be determined I should find one at least on eBay, sometimes.

The problem is as follow.. In most of the photos it seems that the blue model has a glossy barrel, as the black model one.. but in one thread ( https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/176741-pelikan-215-blue-with-silver-stripes-and-black-cap/ ) a seller posted two very well focused pics in which it seems the Pelikan having an utterly opaque light-blue barrel.

Now, I have nothing against opaque barrel in general, but such an opaque barrel on a M215 doesn't look very well to me.. Thus, I would to know once for all whether if we deal with an opaque barrel or not. Thank you :wacko:

Edited by Warriah
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5170/firma4nl.jpg

It's an opaque dark teal blue (apart from the ink window) in the same way that the black ones are an opaque black. Not entirely sure what you want to know, but it is very shiny, like all Pelikans and looks great. The surface texture of the barrel is no different in any way from your ringed M215. I can't imagine anyone not liking it!

John

I have the one with the rings and also the blue one with the straight silver color lines. I usually have them in my handbag clipped to a heavy card stock so they stand up in the bag. One annoying thing I find is that you cannot easily identify the pen when you can only see the cap. The M215 caps are the same regardless of pen style.

I keep wondering if we will see more colors eventually.

Danielle

• 3 months later...

I started with an M215 Lozenge in F, which is currently my favorite pen. Then this year a Rings model made its way to me, previously owned by a friend. I am very pleased with the springy nibs, which are among the smoothest writers I have.

"Luxe, calme et volupte"

• 8 months later...

I just got my M215 orthogon EF nib today. I moved "up" (more like, "over") from an M150. I have read where some people don't like the design of the rectangles on the body, but that was my first choice without any doubt. Somehow it reminds me of a 1930s or 40s tablecloth. The weight is great - especially if you want something that has just a little bit more than something in the M150 range has. I really like the steel nib that came with it. I bought the pen from Richard Binder, and he did a great job of setting it up so it was ready for writing right.

Edited by Manenpitsu

Hey, gratz on that great writer. Hope you enjoy it many years.

What is the material used to make the body of the pen?

A Fountain Pen is never just a Fountain Pen.

Hey, gratz on that great writer. Hope you enjoy it many years.

What is the material used to make the body of the pen?

It has a metal "barrel" (meaning, I think, the inside of the pen), that is, according to the Pelikan company, "elaborately lacquered". It is really smooth, as a lacquered finish would give you. I was happily surprised to find that the grooves cut in as part of the design can not be felt, so the whole body has a very warm, smooth feel to it. I can't put it down.

I actually went to my local pen store to try this pen out because of this post - I like heavier pens, and as such pelikans usually feel out of place in my hand. I had high hopes when this one was listed as heavier!

Unfortunately though, it wasn't to my liking. Being used to heavier pens (more than 50 grams), and the feeling of strong, sturdy construction that accompanies it, this pen unfortunately felt very cheap in hand, even though it is heavy for a pelikan (although not necessarily poorly made)!

For a pen around the $100 mark or more, if my hands still feel like they are using plastic, it's a deal breaker for me. Also, the shop wanted to charge an extra $250 for a nib swap to 14k, which in my experience with other brands, is far too much. I thought they were joking at first.

Oh well. Onto the next desire I suppose.

Thanks much for the review all the same!

Edited by seoulseeker

Anyone thinking abiut buying one of these needs to know a few things first. I ordered mine off ebay wothout trying one first. I fell in love with the styling. Chrome accents and sleek black finish. The pen is tiny. My hands are medium sized and i dwarf this pen. The cap is plastic and feels cheap but i have yet to break it or have any doubts in it structurally. Overall i love this pen and i get complemented on it regularly. I got used to the small size over time.