The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

FPN PEN CAP REPLACEMENT LIST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#101 wackyjacky1

wackyjacky1

desperate, but not serious

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 September 2007 - 19:08

QUOTE(playpen @ Sep 12 2007, 12:23 PM) View Post
A very appreciative thanks to Kurt for all his hard work on this problem.

Ditto!!!

It is such a huge shame that this problem ruined what would otherwise have been a really joyous and wondeful circumstance for all involved. I love the pen. It's a great writer and I'm not going to do anything about the cap.

Also ditto.

In teaching my kids, (school and biological) about caring for others, I realize how important it is to acknowledge that you made a mistake (if you did) and then fix it. I am confused about this situation with Bexley and really wish that the company would make some sort of statement because I would like to buy their products in the future but hesitate because of what has occurred here.

Ditto again.

Took the words right out of my mouth, playpen! smile.gif
Posted ImagePosted Image

Sponsored Content

#102 Titivillus

Titivillus

Museum Piece

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,881 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 17:14

As the information has been given to Bexley and shipping information given to all interested peoples.

So I'm going to step back and suggest that directly contacting Bexley about the pens is the best option from here on out.

Take care,

Kurt

#103 dwmatteson

dwmatteson

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 17:23

Thanks, Kurt, for all of your hard work on this!

Don

#104 Taki

Taki

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 20:42

Never mind, I just keep my FPN pen as it is.

Thanks Kurt for all your time and effort.

#105 Samovar

Samovar

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 September 2007 - 21:23

Again, thank you Kurt and like I said earlier, no more Bexley for me. I know that business is hard, but it's all about generating positive feedback and loyal user base. Bexley has failed in winning my heart and I work really hard to afford the luxury of a nice pen.

Samovar

Visit my food blog
Foodie Topography

#106 Rabbit

Rabbit

Esterbrook Fan

• Member - Gold

• 1,174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2007 - 03:29

Well, I mailed my pen off today. I simply asked for a blue crack-ice cap without yellowing, and I requested that if they don't have enough material left when they get the pen to just send it back unchanged. Has anyone else sent a pen in yet? I hope they don't use mine to experiment on! smile.gif I sent the pen with my Greg Minuskin steel nib instead of my 18K gold nib just in case something drastic happens. Hopefully I'll hear back soon!

--Stephen

#107 dcom

dcom

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 10:17

I sent mine back a couple of weeks ago and got an email yesterday that it was on its way back. The note was an auto-generated one that had a tracking # from the USPS. I'll post when it arrives and what was done to it. I wanted the yellowing cleared up only.

#108 DRP

DRP

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,108 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 20:31

Dcom, It would be helpful to hear your review of how the cap looks.

#109 dcom

dcom

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 21 September 2007 - 22:09

QUOTE(DRP @ Sep 21 2007, 04:31 PM) View Post
Dcom, It would be helpful to hear your review of how the cap looks.

Funny you should ask, the pen arrived back from Bexley today. Howard either replaced or repaired the yellowing because I can't see any. I'm not sure if the cap was actually replaced because I didn't do anything to mark the cap and no documentation came back with it.

One thing I can say for sure is that without my asking or paying anything, the end cap was replaced with one where "FPN" is centered. Here is a picture:

I never had a problem with the end cap but I'm thrilled to have one that is centered and also to have the cap back as clean and new looking as it was when I opened the original box.

Edited by dcom, 21 September 2007 - 22:09.

#110 Rabbit

Rabbit

Esterbrook Fan

• Member - Gold

• 1,174 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 October 2007 - 20:07

Got my pen back today; everything seems to be good! It even has that fresh Bexley smell to it. wink.gif

Interesting to note though, unlike DCom's encounter above, I didn't get an e-mail to announce the pen's return delivery (unless I accidentally deleted it or something, which is unlikely). Like DCom though, mine also did not have any documentation sent with it. The turn around time was pretty fast though, and they also sent it back with the plastic protective pen shipping tube I used, so I was happy about that. smile.gif

--Stephen

Sponsored Content

|