• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Titivillus

• GirchyGirchy

• Gerry

• KCat

In answer to the questions about the cap:

Colors will match, but pens will have to be returned.

Regards,

HL

Pens need to be returned, or just the caps? That doesn't make sense to have to send the whole pen!

And where did this magical stash of material come from, when previously they had only enough for 100 pens?

Pens need to be returned, or just the caps? That doesn't make sense to have to send the whole pen!

And where did this magical stash of material come from, when previously they had only enough for 100 pens?

I will email Bexley and ask these questions as well.

But I can assume that there was not enough barstock available to make complete pens but there might be enough to create new cap lips for replacement. Or that it will be possible to remove the adhesive and replace it with a different type.

K

Edited by Tytyvyllus

I know this thread is just for people who want to send their pen and caps back, but ...in case the Admins are keeping track of who *doesn't* want to send their back, please add me to the latter list.

I am not going to send my pen/cap back. The yellowing is there but it's not that bad on my pen and I'd rather not risk sending my pen in the mail, truth be told, as I live outside of the US. I've already paid enough for the pen plus I had to pay customs duties and a handling fee for the post office processing my customs papers. Shelling out more money for shipping a defective pen back and having to worry about breakage and being dinged by the government again isn't something I want to do. The pen is lovely and a great writer so I am satisfied. Oh and the slightly-off center FPN logo *really* doesn't bother me a whit :)

This thread is going to be open for another week then I will give Bexley a number of caps that need to be made.

If you have put your name in the thread then please send it off to Bexley whenever you want.

:meow:

Totally agree with Maja. Especiall as I live in UK.

Also cannot be without pen. Best writer.

Mine not yellowing too badly.

Armchop

I know this thread is just for people who want to send their pen and caps back, but ...in case the Admins are keeping track of who *doesn't* want to send their back, please add me to the latter list.

I am not going to send my pen/cap back. The yellowing is there but it's not that bad on my pen and I'd rather not risk sending my pen in the mail, truth be told, as I live outside of the US. I've already paid enough for the pen plus I had to pay customs duties and a handling fee for the post office processing my customs papers. Shelling out more money for shipping a defective pen back and having to worry about breakage and being dinged by the government again isn't something I want to do. The pen is lovely and a great writer so I am satisfied. Oh and the slightly-off center FPN logo *really* doesn't bother me a whit :)

Maja,

Not trying to change your mind, but regarding the customs duties etc - I believe that you can declare that the pen is being returned for warranty work, and it will be allowed in again without the customs duties and handling charges being applied again. I will be checking before sending mine in too!

I'd prefer to just send in the cap - and could even just send in just the defective part - keeping the jewel, clip and the rest to save on postage as well as risk of damage during shipping.

Regards,

Gerry

Hi Gerry, thanks for the tip. If I were sending it back, I would mark my package as being mailed for warranty repairs/replacement. I have done something similar for pens whose nibs I have asked to be modified (stubbed, etc) in the hopes that the recipient in the US isn't charged duties. As for just sending in the cap....well, yes, that would be better I guess...but if the cap got lost or broken, I would be stuck with a marvelous pen with a lovely barrel but no cap....and I'd really rather not chance that. Thanks for the suggestion, though. I appreciate all the hard work that you and your fellow Admins have put into the FPN LE pen project. These cap issues really haven't dampened my appreciation and enthusiasm for the pen; I hope no one gets that impression :)

Cheers,

~Maja

What's the status on this since Kurt is no longer part of Admin? Is someone else taking it over, or is he still the contact?

If you have put your name in the thread then please send it off to Bexley whenever you want.

Sorry for more questions--it's been a while since I've done something like this and I just want to clarify before sending anything off.

Do we need to make any type of special indication when addressing the package? Is the correct address the one that is on the Bexley registration card? In addition to a return address, should we include our FPN name with the pen so they can link it to this thread?

Thanks!

--Stephen

What's the status on this since Kurt is no longer part of Admin? Is someone else taking it over, or is he still the contact?

The entire Admin team is pleased to confirm that Kurt will be continuing to handle the FPN Cap Replacement project.

Regards,

Gerry

Edited by Gerry

I have given Bexley a rough count of the people who have replied to this thread. He says that he doesn't think he's got enough of the material to remake that many. So I am not sure what is going to happen.

As well he is willing to remove the engraving but not re-engrave the cap.

So now it's up to you :thumbup: package up your pen and include a letter stating what you want done to the pen along with your name & address to

We ask that you do the following when you make a repair shipment: [ This is from the Bexley website]

a) Empty any ink from the pen and rinse off the nib with cold

water.

B) Wrap your pen so that it will not be damaged during shipment,

and put it in a small, sturdy cardboard box.

(It is not necessary to return it in the original packaging.)

c) ...

d) ...

e) We recommend that you insure the package for the full

replacement value, and ship it in a manner that lets you track the

delivery (USPS Delivery confirmation, UPS, FedEx, etc.).

Mail to:

The Bexley Pen Company

2840-B Fisher Road

Columbus, OH 43204

USA

telephone: 614-351-9988

I'm agreeing more and more with Maja. After reading that Bexley recommends to send the pen using UPS or FEDEX, this is becoming a very expensive fix. If there is another LE FPN pen, I'll vote for black on black with no chance of yellowing. And no more Bexley for me.

I'd be afraid to send a pen knowing that Bexley doesn't have enough material to repair all pen.

Samovar

Thanks Kurt for everything and I'm happy to read you, keep on posting!

Edited by Samovar

Visit my food blog

Foodie Topography

I have given Bexley a rough count of the people who have replied to this thread. He says that he doesn't think he's got enough of the material to remake that many. So I am not sure what is going to happen.

Since the yellowing is difficult to see on mine or my brother's pens, I think I/we will pass on the fix. Given the limited material Bexley has, I would rather give the opportunity to get a fix to someone who is more bothered by the yellowing than I/we are.

Kurt, thank you very much for all your effort on this matter.

Inkdesigner

Take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly, and try another. But by all means, try something.

--Franklin D. Roosevelt

Kurt thank you for the continued efforts.

I second the thoughts from Inkdesigner and remove my name from the list.

We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be, we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Winston Churchill

Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities... because it is the quality which guarantees all others.

Winston Churchill

Kurt thank you for the continued efforts.

I second the thoughts from Inkdesigner and remove my name from the list.

I've reread this thread and I agree with Maja, too. The yellowing isn't so bad that it warrants the cost of sending the cap over the pond once again. My name can be removed as well. I hope that with the withdrawals there's enough material for those who really need a replacement.

Thanks for your trouble, Kurt!

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

- John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Pelikan M800 Green (18C-750 OM), Pelikan 4001 Königsblau

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 M), Diamine Monaco Red

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 F), Diamine Prussian Blue

I have noticed the yellowing, too, but considering the way Customs works over here, I am not very happy sending the pen back. Including shipping it is going to cost me approximately the same amount as the original price of the pen.

Anything of a value over 20 euros is taxed when coming into the country, with a fixed amount, which recently has been upped, plus tax over value + shipping costs, at a conversion rate at their discretion, which is almost 1:1 for US $ vs euro at the moment (ridiculous IOW). Add to that ridiculous shipping costs for me to ship it out, especially if it has to be FedEx or UPS, and you get the amount of approximately 65 euros by the time the new cap has reached me.

I'd like to have a cap replacement, but maybe Bexley could be convinced to do this in a different way?

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever