The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

FPN PEN CAP REPLACEMENT LIST

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#41 samsie

samsie

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 13:34

One pen, yellow only would like to keep the FPN Logo.

Cheers.

Sam LAI (samsie)

Sponsored Content

#42 maureen

maureen

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 17:21

One pen, yellowing only, keep the FPN logo.

Maureen

#43 HyperCamper

HyperCamper

Supreme hoarder of Penman inks

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 18:26

HyperCamper, one pen, just the yellowing...

Let me just add that I love the way my FPN FP writes! biggrin.gif
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."
- John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Pelikan M800 Green (18C-750 OM), Pelikan 4001 Königsblau
Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 M), Diamine Monaco Red
Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 F), Diamine Prussian Blue

#44 His Nibs

His Nibs

Dylan rules!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:59

One pen, yellowing only (I like the logo).
Regards,

Norman Haase
His Nibs.com
www.hisnibs.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HisNibs1

#45 Shabubu

Shabubu

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:57

1 Pen for yellowing of cap and centering of logo.
"Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon... "
Terry Pratchett

#46 GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2007 - 12:40

GirchyGirchy - 1 pen, I'll keep my (uncentred) logo.

#47 PinarelloOnly

PinarelloOnly

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 14:00

One pen.

Thanks.

#48 wackyjacky1

wackyjacky1

desperate, but not serious

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2007 - 14:58

...nevermind...

Edited by wackyjacky1, 31 August 2007 - 23:42.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#49 GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2007 - 17:52

QUOTE(wackyjacky1 @ Aug 27 2007, 10:58 AM) View Post
I'm slightly confused. blink.gif I see that some people are specifying yellowing and/or engraving. Is this an option? If so, I'd like a centered logo in addition to a non-yellow cap.

In the other thread about this issue, Tytyvyllus quoted a reply from Bexley. In the reply, Howard Levy said they will not fix the engraving for free because it was due to a miscommunication of sorts. huh.gif However, if the owner desires, Bexley will remove the engraving by polishing down the top of the cap, and will charge $7 for return shipping. So I think people began to say whether or not they'd like to keep their engraving, or get it removed for $7.

Here's a link....

http://www.fountainp...n...st&p=354401

#50 wackyjacky1

wackyjacky1

desperate, but not serious

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2007 - 18:35

Oh, okay. I hadn't seen the other thread (well, I had seen it, but didn't realize it had morphed into a discussion of the engraving). Thanks for the link. In that case, I'll keep my off-center logo. It doesn't bother me enough to pay to have it fixed.

Edited by wackyjacky1, 27 August 2007 - 18:40.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#51 dcom

dcom

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 18:54

1 pen, for yellowing only.

Drew Commins

#52 mgshn

mgshn

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 19:10

QUOTE(GirchyGirchy @ Aug 27 2007, 01:52 PM) View Post
I'm slightly confused. blink.gif I see that some people are specifying yellowing and/or engraving. Is this an option? If so, I'd like a centered logo in addition to a non-yellow cap.

In the other thread about this issue, Tytyvyllus quoted a reply from Bexley. In the reply, Howard Levy said they will not fix the engraving for free because it was due to a miscommunication of sorts. huh.gif However, if the owner desires, Bexley will remove the engraving by polishing down the top of the cap, and will charge $7 for return shipping. So I think people began to say whether or not they'd like to keep their engraving, or get it removed for $7.

Here's a link....

I know I'm going to get yelled at for this but the repair options, as stated in the above link are:

1) Fix the cap by grinding off the logo - $7
2) Fix the yellowing - $Free
3) Fix the yellowing and fix the cap by grinding off the logo - $Free

What is not an option is to get the logo fixed by putting it in a possibly more conventional place; the center of the cap. What is a silly loophole to the stated "policy" is that if you want the cap fixed for free you need to also ask for the yellowing, however minor, to be removed.

OK, I broke the rules by going off topic but at least I wasn't the first.

Also, to keep things sort of on trace...

Bob Tobias - 1 pen, fix the yellowing and the cap.

#53 Titivillus

Titivillus

Museum Piece

• Away
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,881 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 19:55

QUOTE(GirchyGirchy @ Aug 27 2007, 12:52 PM) View Post

Here's a link....

My reading is that Bexley will not do the engraving on the cap alone but if the cap is yellowed then they will do it as well. And it looks like it will be a removal of the engraving not re-engrave

If we are putting on or fixing a yellow line issue, that we will not even charge return shipping for, but top screw alone, we will charge for.

#54 GirchyGirchy

GirchyGirchy

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 August 2007 - 20:16

QUOTE(Tytyvyllus @ Aug 27 2007, 03:55 PM) View Post
My reading is that Bexley will not do the engraving on the cap alone but if the cap is yellowed then they will do it as well. And it looks like it will be a removal of the engraving not re-engrave

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I feel that's just a copout, but the engraving personally doesn't bother me too much.

#55 jpolaski

jpolaski

Stays cruchy, even in milk!!!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 667 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 23:33

I'll add my question to the confusion. If we request the replacement cap do we have to send our pen in, or are we just going to receive a replacement part? I'd love to have the yellow fixed, but this pen is the one I use daily, and I really don't want to give it up.

Also, IIRC when ordering, this was a LIMITED supply of this plastic. What will they be redoing the caps in? I mean, I really wouldn't mind a solid blue cap to go with the cracked barrel and all, but I hadn't heard mention.

SO, as soon as I know what's what, I'll post whether I want the parts. Thanks for the help folks!
"The older I get, the more I realize I'm getting older".

#56 DRP

DRP

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 19:01

I'm sort of in the same boat as JPolaski. So, please pardon my asking a question before answering what I want to do next.

The yellowing is so minor that I didn't even notice it until it was brought to my attention in these posts. Is this like to get worse? If so, I may want to have the cap replaced. If not, or the likelihood is relatively minor, I'd like to keep it original.

Thus, my answer is ONE CAP if the situation is likely to get a lot worse. If not, I will express appreciation for FPN administrators for negotiating on my behalf but pass on it this time.

Could someone offer some insight into this? Thoughts would be most appreciated.

#57 pyrguy

pyrguy

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 21:56

QUOTE(jpolaski @ Aug 29 2007, 07:33 PM) View Post
I'll add my question to the confusion. If we request the replacement cap do we have to send our pen in, or are we just going to receive a replacement part? I'd love to have the yellow fixed, but this pen is the one I use daily, and I really don't want to give it up.

Also, IIRC when ordering, this was a LIMITED supply of this plastic. What will they be redoing the caps in? I mean, I really wouldn't mind a solid blue cap to go with the cracked barrel and all, but I hadn't heard mention.

SO, as soon as I know what's what, I'll post whether I want the parts. Thanks for the help folks!

QUOTE(DRP @ Aug 30 2007, 03:01 PM) View Post
I'm sort of in the same boat as JPolaski. So, please pardon my asking a question before answering what I want to do next.

The yellowing is so minor that I didn't even notice it until it was brought to my attention in these posts. Is this like to get worse? If so, I may want to have the cap replaced. If not, or the likelihood is relatively minor, I'd like to keep it original.

Thus, my answer is ONE CAP if the situation is likely to get a lot worse. If not, I will express appreciation for FPN administrators for negotiating on my behalf but pass on it this time.

Could someone offer some insight into this? Thoughts would be most appreciated.

Glad to see I'm not the only one confused. My cap is also very very lightly yellowed. I wold not want to loose the cracked ice cap if...

Clarification please.

Thanks
Dwight

If at first you succeed,
try not to act surprised.

#58 playpen

playpen

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,790 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 00:31

My take on this issue is that if I have to pay one penny to have a company correct an error they made, I will pass on the cap and on future purchases. Just my opinion on the "goodwill" of the company. If I am incorrect in this, I stand (and sit) corrected...

#59 Titivillus

Titivillus

Museum Piece

• Away
  • 9,881 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 00:35

QUOTE(playpen @ Aug 30 2007, 07:31 PM) View Post
My take on this issue is that if I have to pay one penny to have a company correct an error they made, I will pass on the cap and on future purchases. Just my opinion on the "goodwill" of the company. If I am incorrect in this, I stand (and sit) corrected...

You only have to pay to send the pen back to Bexley they will fix it and repair the cap and send it back to you free.

I do not know of another company that would do more than that.

K

Edited by Tytyvyllus, 31 August 2007 - 00:40.

#60 Titivillus

Titivillus

Museum Piece

• Away
  • 9,881 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 00:38

QUOTE(jpolaski @ Aug 29 2007, 06:33 PM) View Post

I have emailed Bexley to ask these questions and when an answer arrives I will post the information.

K

Sponsored Content

|