The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Review: Pencil: Epoch D360 Pelikan 0.7 Pencil

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 woodwindmaster06

woodwindmaster06

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 01:08

An exciting day came today: I got my first modern Pelikan writting instrument: A Pelikan Epoch D360 mechanical pencil. I was so excited, so I slowly opened the box and looked through the pamplet ect. then I opened the box and there it was the beautifully crafted emerald green D360.
I examined it carefully and just marvelled at it: the perfect size, great material/grip, flawless twist mechanism. The great design a modern looking pelikan complete with the eyeless pelikan clip, the traditional symbol on top and just one of the greatest looking pencils I have ever seen in my life.

Then I opened up the cap to see how to load the lead it took some time to realize the simplicity of it, but learning how to put it in originally was somewhat difficult, just remove the lid. I would say it holds around 7 leads at a time which is pretty good. Then you just screw the lid back on.
It writes extremly well and I am VERY happy with my choice. This will probably be the only pencil I spend 50 USD on just because basically all mechanical pencils are the same, maybe a difference in the type of lead but basically the same.

SCORE:
Design: 10/10
Functinality: 10/10
Weight 10/10
Lead amount for storage 8/10
Price: 7/10
Average: 9/10

(One comment: I wish like the older models "vintage" they put on the gold band on the cap the model ##, like on my Pel 140 it says Pelikan 140 Germany: on this it just says Pelikan Germany: I wish they put Pelikan Epoch Germany or Pelikan D360 Germany: just a thought)

Great pencil highly recommended: sorry I don't have a digital camera to post some pics. This is my first of many modern pelikans I now have one vintage and one modern pelikan writting tool. I think this would be better than the D200 given that the quality is probably better than it due to the main difference in lines being the nib for cost: so I think this is the better route, and the wider grip. I purchased from Swisher and recieved it by the 4th day of the order. Sorry if I was not very consise in this but it is just a great pencil. Note: there is no attached eraser so you would need to carry that with you.

Music Pen Guy: Tim
Tim: The Music Pen Guy
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Pelikan Nest

Sponsored Content

Sponsored Content

|