Where will you be September 28-29?

Wizergig

I am coming from Austin- but not sure where to stay yet- I'd like to be a bit closer to the center- and I am bringing my dog so a pet friendly hotel is a must.

Did you look at the incorrect map that shows the Richardson City Hall? Click on the link at the top of the Show page (the one that just says MAP, right above the nighttime Dallas skyline shot) for the correct location. The show is in a hotel - for all I know they are "pet friendly" but you could call and ask. I believe that usually small dogs are not a problem. It's the big ones like mine that make hoteliers nervous.

Thanks Bill. It looks like I will only be able to make it to the Friday show now- so my dog won't be with me now- but I appreciate the information.

This is my first show- what can I expect on Friday?

Thanks

Elizabeth

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PAKMAN

• BillTheEditor

• Phoenix

• Wizergig

I plan on being at the Show this weekend since it's only a 3 hour drive for me. I've never attended a show and don't know what to expect, but I'm guessing I won't return home empty-handed!

Here is the link to the Dallas Pen Show webpage:

http://www.dallaspenshow.com/

It has lots of info about the show, hours, location, hotel rates...

Also from an earlier post here are some of the dealers / vendors that will be there:

Here is the list of folks who you will probably recognize that will be selling and trading at the Dallas Pen Show.

Dealers - New & Old Pens:

Dromgoole's (they will have a special ink made especially for the show)

Retro 51

Classic Pens

Jerry Laban (Laban Pen Co.)

Carl Watson

A. Ward Davis

Dan Reppert

Pendamonium

Danny Fudge (who will also be doing pen repairs on site) / Perry Kearney

Stan Pfeiffer

Presnall Wood

John Strother

Susan Wirth

Lowell Lindsey

Pete Kirby

Boris Rice

Bill Acker

Ed Weymons (who will be doing calligraphy)

Allen Butler

Robert Alexander

Sam Highsmith

Tim Pierson

Joel Hamilton and Sherrell Tyree

Candice Campbell

Rob Bader

Billy Maupin

Mark Saunders

Carlos Kaplan

Norman Cooley

Tina Russo

Corby Baxter

Jerry Thomsen

Twila Teasley

Brooks Maxwell

David Stevenson

Don Wolff

Derry Harding

Bill Forbes

Bill & Nancy Majors

Peter Miller

Steve Halper

Davis Rankin

Dan Symonds

David Moak

Carl Daniel

We have exceeded the capacity of the ballroom and will have tables set up in the hotel lobby.

We will also have the auction items set up in the lobby. So don't forget to bid and to bring an item to donate to the auction.

Edited by pakmanpony

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Info on the show from the web site:

Pete Kirby - 972.529.6364

or

Mike Walker - 214.943.5675

showinfo-2007@dallaspenshow.com

General Info:

The Dallas Pen Club presents the 14th annual Dallas Collectible Pen Show featuring thousands of vintage and current production writing instruments on display. The show hours are Friday, 28 September from 1:00 pm untill 8:00 pm, and Saturday, 29 September , from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm. This show offers you a unique opportunity to buy, sell or trade your pens with collectors from around the US. Come to view great pens, to ask questions about pens you have, or have vintage pens repaired. As always, the Dallas Pen Show is free to the public.

Registration Info:

Dealer/Collectors Tables -

Table are $65.00 each

General Admission $0.00 (free to the public)

Dealers, click here for the online dealer registration form.

http://www.dallaspenshow.com/images-dps/2004-show-pic.jpg

Show Venue:

Richardson Holiday Inn Select

Grand Hall

Highway 75

1655 North Central Expressway

Richardson TX 75080 On the west side of Highway 75 just south of Campbell Road. Exit #26.

Click Here for a detailed map of the Richardson Holiday Inn Select area.

Hotel:

Richardson Holiday Inn Select

Highway 75

1655 North Central Expressway

Richardson, TX 75080

$69.00 per night (when using "Dallas Pen Show" reservation code)

The special discounted room rate is $69.00/night for Pen Show attendees only. Please call early to reserve this rate as we have a limited block of rooms available at this rate. You must mention the "Dallas Pen Show" reservation code to obtain this special low room rate.

Schedule of Events:

Friday - 28 September1:00 pm - 8:00 pm

Saturday - 29 September9:00 am - 5:00 pm

Show Patrons:

http://www.dallaspenshow.com/images-dps/dromgoole.jpghttp://www.dallaspenshow.com/images-dps/petespens.jpg
Edited by pakmanpony

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I am coming from Austin- but not sure where to stay yet- I'd like to be a bit closer to the center- and I am bringing my dog so a pet friendly hotel is a must.

Did you look at the incorrect map that shows the Richardson City Hall? Click on the link at the top of the Show page (the one that just says MAP, right above the nighttime Dallas skyline shot) for the correct location. The show is in a hotel - for all I know they are "pet friendly" but you could call and ask. I believe that usually small dogs are not a problem. It's the big ones like mine that make hoteliers nervous.

Thanks Bill. It looks like I will only be able to make it to the Friday show now- so my dog won't be with me now- but I appreciate the information.

This is my first show- what can I expect on Friday?

Thanks

Elizabeth

Friday the show hours are 1 pm to 8 pm. This should be good for you if you are thinking about buying a pen -- by Saturday morning, some of the really good ones will be gone. The ballroom and the area outside it, into the lobby, will be full. Inside the ballroom, it can get crowded, especially on Saturday morning but I expect there will be a good crowd Friday night after everyone gets off work.

I'm not a member of the Dallas Pen Club, so I don't have any additional information. Maybe Robert Aia can fill in the gaps I've left. I will be there on Friday "covering" the show for the members here. Not sure what hours yet -- I'd like to be on my way home by 4 pm to stay out of the traffic.