New MB Violett ink

ThierryfromFrance

I have come to this thread rather late. Thanks for the effort with the scans and the water test. I am lookin forward to trying this color. I am a fan of MB Bordeaux and Turquoise. I will probably add this color to the favorite list.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• southpaw

• LDF

• saintsimon

• ThierryfromFrance

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The question of the day is: how and where to order it from France? :huh:

Hello,

I will try to answer to several of you in the same post.

If this color is specific to France, I have no idea ; it has just arrived in France, and my MB dealer told me about it, so I bought immediately (ie, last week).

Buying from a MB dealer in France is probably possible, but it may cost in post and packing (if ink is still allowed to be sent via air mail, now...). For information purposes, a bottle costs here 8,80 euros.

You may find adresses of local MB dealers on MB's site, or ask me if you don't find them; I'll ask my "boutique", in Saint-Germain des prés.

Kind regards

Thierry :happyberet:

Hopefully some good news on this front, folks! I was in the MB store in Troy, Michigan this afternoon and a sale associate told me that the violet will be available sometime in September or October.

Hopefully some good news on this front, folks! I was in the MB store in Troy, Michigan this afternoon and a sale associate told me that the violet will be available sometime in September or October.

This is definitely NOT good news . . . for my checking account! Ok, here's the plan. Let this thread die and no one mention the ink again. Maybe by the time they stock it here in the USA, I'll have forgotten about it and won't have to order a bottle and have it shipped to the house. ;)

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

The attached is a swatch for Diamine violet ink. See Diamine ink website.

It will probably lighten a bit when it dries.

post-8493-1187898146_thumb.png

"Once you have absolved people of the consequences of their own folly, you will have populated the world with fools." (Herbert Spenser)

Chris Shepheard

Well, I checked with two of the MB Boutiques in my area and neither of them even knew about the Violet ink. They did say that they tend to get their new products for the next year in mid to late September and to check back then. The MB refills website doesn't list it either. I guess we'll have to wait.......

MB Violet ink is now in the US.

I was going through the Chicago O'Hare airport today on a business trip and stopped by to chat with the nice folks at the Mont Blanc Boutique there next to Gate B7. They had just gotten in the new Violet ink (bottle only, no cartridges yet). They filled a demo pen (146 with M nib) for me and let me try it out. It's pretty dark, as Violets go, but it looks really nice with some hints of blue. The saleslady said you can pick up more nuances of it with a narrower nib like an XF. With the more wet flowing M nib I was using, it probably appeared a bit darker than it normally would otherwise. I decided to buy a bottle and I'm going to try it out over the weekend. So, if anyone just has to have a bottle of MB Violet, just give the O'Hare MB Boutique a call and they can mail it out to you.

Ed

By the way, the MB Ident. number for the Violet ink (in bottle) is 102713, although it's not showing up on the US MB website yet.

A quick question about the new ink...since Lamy's inks are from MB, isn't the Violette ink simply Lamy's purple (their cartridge-only ink) put in bottles? If that is the case, it's just as well, because I am a fan of Lamy purple. I was just curious. (I could also buy it knowing what it looks like already.)

schreibvergnuegen

visit my blog! the teahouse

A quick question about the new ink...since Lamy's inks are from MB, isn't the Violette ink simply Lamy's purple (their cartridge-only ink) put in bottles? If that is the case, it's just as well, because I am a fan of Lamy purple. I was just curious. (I could also buy it knowing what it looks like already.)

No, Lamy inks are not (necessarily) the same as MB. Only MB and Lamy iron gall Blue-Black inks may be the same. But if someone else knows more ... :unsure:

Edited by saintsimon

I emailed MB about the new violet ink and when it would be available from the web. Here's what they said:

Our violet ink will be available in bottled ink and ink cartridges for our fountain pens by the end of this month. Please feel free to check our online Refill Shop periodically for the launch of our new violet ink.
"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Rom. 5:8, NKJV)

MB violet ink is now available in N. America ! :clap1:

The model numbers are:

Article: 102713 - Violet Ink Bottles

Article: 102718 - Violet Ink Cartridges

Thanks again to Thierry for the heads up.

. . . but it's still not available on MB's website yet.

[still waiting]

Can you order it online from France? I remember ordering some exquisite Roquefort cheese directly from France one time!

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.

I just ordered 2 bottles from a MB Boutique. Should arrive Wed.:bunny01:

They had only 3 left from their first shipment last week.

They didn't have any in carts.

Good luck!

For anyone who might be interested, I recently got an e-mail from Jennie Lee at Swisher Pens about this MB Violet ink. They will start carrying it next month (October) and will be ordering the ink soon. I asked to have a bottle reserved for me. I would rather wait a couple weeks more and buy from a vendor I trust, rather than hassling to try to buy it from France. (I regret I have no affiliation with Swisher. I am just a customer.)