FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Porsche Design Arc 1
Posted 06 August 2007 - 04:04
The Arc 1 was the last pen made in the old collaboration between the porsche design studio and faber castel before the PD studio changes direction in...hmmm, their design aesthetics. So you still see very unique materials and complicated machined parts on this pen. The body is made of a blue-black titanium carbide which makes it very hard and literally scratch-resistant. The pen is heavy but slender, since it is really made of steel and coated with the gun-metal coating. By the way, this was also the very first pen using this sort of gun-metal finish before those space pens came around.
I found this pen in a small case in one of my drawers again and this pen is nearly 16-17 years. This was before all thoese gold and aluminum pens from PD came about.
The clip is the signature part of this series and is spring-hinged to take on thicker sections for clipping. It is made of polished brass and is beautifully made.
This pen in ballpoint pen takes parker refills and the fountain pen version uses international converter. A waterman converter will fit somewhat nicely.
Keep a lookout for this pen in fountain version on ebay!
Visit my blog at, http://untilutopia.blogspot.com/
Posted 10 August 2007 - 14:29
Love the machined clip. Very Bauhaus.
Thanks for posting it!
Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:31
The new EDITION 1 Black aero pens in aluminium seems to have this old flavour again.
Anyone knows where can we buy this vintage pens from the old collaboration between FC and PD, apart from EBAY?
Posted 21 February 2009 - 22:57
"Tip,barrel and shaft of the Ball Point Pen Arc 1 are constructed out of polished brass with a blue-black titanium-carbide coating.The clip and top are made out of stainless,highly polished steel;the springloaded clip bearings out of resistant brass."
(PD Arc 1 instruction manual)
This clarifies where is used stainless steel and brass.