• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mangokm40

• RSVP

• AJP

• J English Smith

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought seeing more of the pen might help someone tell me what style it's supposed to be. Thanks.

http://i19.tinypic.com/5yt82si.jpg

http://i19.tinypic.com/4kyxqub.jpg

That looks real to me re design detail, but I do not know the model number. It's more in the "classic" series but I only have 80s ballpoints in that line, no fps.

The "M" in the packaging looks odd - that erector set M look - I don't recall having seen that before. But the thermographed background is expensive printing...such as MB would use...

Was MB using the circle and open star on some nibs in the 90s? Can anyone else verify?

<i>"Most people go through life using up half their energy trying to protect a dignity they never had."</i><br>-Marlowe, in <i>The Long Goodbye</i>

Im far from an expert but that looks to be an 1980's Generations series. Not sure why you consider it fake. The nib appears to have the correct markings, shape, etc. for that model.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.” - Robert McClosky

Thank you very much, to all. My question came up b/c the instructions appear to be labeled Meisterstuck Solitaire and I know that's not it. The other reason was my inability to find ANY pen that looked like this. Even the German website another poster was kind enough to provide for me didn't have anything resembling this pen or nib. Thanks to this information, I've seen the Generation nib and see that it looks the same. The bottom of the cap says "Montblanc Classic Montblanc Germany". I think you've given me enough to find the model, although it will take some time. The instructions appear to be 'generic' as they have information for multiple models (piston converter, cartridge, etc.).

Again, many thanks for your time.

customer of mine has 5 of those, 3 sporting gold nibs and 2 with chrome trim/flex steel nibs. I'll take pictures for you later. They're original, he purchased them in germany in a boutique, the salesperson recommended this cheap pens to him because he asked for an alternative to risking his meisterstücks on his practice.

Please don't send PM's, use my e-mail instead. Thanks!

customer of mine has 5 of those, 3 sporting gold nibs and 2 with chrome trim/flex steel nibs. I'll take pictures for you later. They're original, he purchased them in germany in a boutique, the salesperson recommended this cheap pens to him because he asked for an alternative to risking his meisterstücks on his practice.

Thanks, yet again. I found a few ballpoint & rollerball pens with this 'style'. :thumbup: