The Object of my Affection

KendallJ

Well, here is the result of my recent enfatuation and resulting binge... I really am enamoured with these pens. And out of the lot there is not a bad one!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v366/justiniano/Sheaffers.jpg

From left:

Craftsman TD

Admiral TD

Statesman TD

Admiral Snork

Valiant TD

Admiral TD in Blue

Saratoga Snork

Sentinel TD

Admiral Snork in Sage green (a favorite)

Clipper Snork

Canadian Crest

Statesman Snork in Aqua (another favorite)

Not shown: A green admiral TD that went to Velma's friend Tracey, and a green Valiant TD that I'm using to hook a colleague.

I made up a little grid of all the possible model and color combinations and let's just say, I've only scratched the surface... :P

The four on the far left will probably show up at a Marketplace near you shortly!

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KendallJ

• Johnny Appleseed

• grasshopper

• ElaineB

Very nice! You have a great variety there! I managed to limit my recent binge to 4 pens (I'm a newcomer to the wonders of old Sheaffers)--a Tip-Dip (which I promptly lost or misplaced :( and two Admiral snorkels and one Statemen snorkel. I'm having the 3 Snorkels restored, and I'm eager to get them back, as I know they're great writers. My 2 Admirals are both pastel gray, so I'll probably try to sell or trade one. Hmmmm, you haven't got any grays....

:rolleyes:

Bob

hmmm... there's an snork Admiral in black right there. 4th from the left. I'm sensing a swap in the making... :rolleyes:

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

Phew! Lucky for me, the four that you're putting up at the marketplace don't come with Triumph 2-tone nibs. B) I was going to PM you about them otherwise. :lol:

Great stuff, Kendall!

You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes... you just might find... you'll get what you need...

Not so fast, Grasshopper. If that Green Valiant TD doesn't impress my colleague, then it would go to the sale board, and it has Triumph 2T in XF. I smoothed it myself... sweet pen, but I'm not a fan of the forest green color.

Edited by KendallJ

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

Not so fast, Grasshopper. If that Green Valiant TD doesn't impress my colleague, then it would go to the sale board, and it has Triumph 2T in XF. I smoothed it myself... sweet pen, but I'm not a fan of the forest green color.

You would have to say XF, wouldn't you?

Aieeeee.

Aieeeee.

:lol: Thanks Velma. You helped me get out of that one just nicely. :D Phew!!

Kendall - I'm not fond of the green either. And, based on my Legacy I, I really like the F nibs, so I think I'll hold out for those. B) (But if you had a black or burgundy XF Triumph 2T that you say is smooth... I suppose we can talk further... :doh: :bonk: )

You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes... you just might find... you'll get what you need...

Aieeeee.

That's alright Velma, green is my colleagues favorite color and she just informed me that she wants it.

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

Aieeeee.

By the way, how's Tracy like the TD?

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

I have a 2-tone triumph TDs in Black that should be coming on the market soon - in medium.

Also, a 1st year Sentinal in Black with an XF triumph nib - and no dings on the cap! Waiting on a sack & seal order for that one before it will be ready.

I'll try to post a pic of my pile of TDs and Snorks later on. :D

J. Appleseed

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

I think I went a little overboard on my eBay purchases earlier this summer, because I have something like 20 Touchdowns and Snorks at this point. :rolleyes: What can I say? I really like Touchdowns with Triumph nibs. These were all non-functioning when I bought them, and I've really enjoyed the work bringing them back to life. What great pens!

I finally decided on the four I'm going to keep, but the rest will need to find new homes. Perhaps we should have one big trading session where everyone posts their Snorks and TDs and see what happens?!

ElaineB

By the way, how's Tracy like the TD?

She said that she really likes the filling mechanism -- she's never had a TD before. Apart from that... well, she's barely let it out of her hand since it arrived in the mail. And she keeps picking it up and staring at it with this dazed smile on her face, then writing notes and smiling even more.

I think she likes it.

I think I went a little overboard on my eBay purchases earlier this summer, because I have something like 20 Touchdowns and Snorks at this point. :rolleyes: What can I say? I really like Touchdowns with Triumph nibs. These were all non-functioning when I bought them, and I've really enjoyed the work bringing them back to life. What great pens!

I finally decided on the four I'm going to keep, but the rest will need to find new homes. Perhaps we should have one big trading session where everyone posts their Snorks and TDs and see what happens?!

ElaineB

Colors. I am jonesin for colors. What do you have?

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

I've got some different greens, a couple of burgundies, one or two greys, and some really lovely blues. The TDs came in "Persian" Blue, which is a little darker than the "Pastel Blue" of the Snorks. I've got two Snorks in pastel blue, and two TDs in Persian. One has an open nib with a nice bit of flex. The other TD is a gorgeous first-year Valiant with a luscious medium triumph nib. It won't be for sale or trade. :) It's currently my very favorite pen in the world.

I have to sit down and make a list of what I've got. Between all the different caps and nibs, and all those dumb Sheaffer model names, I just can't keep it all straight anymore.

As for me, I would love a bright red Snork. Or one of those nice periwinkle ones. (Heh, I can dream, can't I??)

E

Perhaps we should have one big trading session where everyone posts their Snorks and TDs and see what happens?!

:o :bonk: :bonk:

I've managed to dodge Kendall's latest offerings in the marketplace. Based on your latest post, Elaine, I think I can successfully dodge your impending offer too. Phew!! (But in case anyone feels like making my life difficult ;) :lol: , I'd like a Fine 2Tone Triumph, preferably in black or black & something, but could consider the darker coloured ones as well) :bonk: :bonk:

I've got some different greens, a couple of burgundies, one or two greys, and some really lovely blues. The TDs came in "Persian" Blue, which is a little darker than the "Pastel Blue" of the Snorks. I've got two Snorks in pastel blue, and two TDs in Persian. One has an open nib with a nice bit of flex. The other TD is a gorgeous first-year Valiant with a luscious medium triumph nib. It won't be for sale or trade. :) It's currently my very favorite pen in the world.

I have to sit down and make a list of what I've got. Between all the different caps and nibs, and all those dumb Sheaffer model names, I just can't keep it all straight anymore.

As for me, I would love a bright red Snork. Or one of those nice periwinkle ones. (Heh, I can dream, can't I??) 

E

Blue is my FAV! and the sage green (not the evergreen :sick: )

I have an admiral TD in Persian with a great stub nib, and a Snork in Aqua. Is your "pastel blue" the aqua or the periwinkle? What model snork it is? I would kill for the the vermillion or tangerine, is it.

You know I have a cheat sheet made up in excel with all the models, characteristics, and the colors that each model comes in. Send it to ya if you like. I just fill in the squares when I get a pen in.

49 Persian Blue Triumph TD. I know why you won't give that one up. :drool:

Edited by KendallJ

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

:o  :bonk: 

I've managed to dodge Kendall's latest offerings in the marketplace. Based on your latest post, Elaine, I think I can successfully dodge your impending offer too. Phew!!  (But in case anyone feels like making my life difficult  ;)  :lol: , I'd like a Fine 2Tone Triumph, preferably in black or black & something, but could consider the darker coloured ones as well)  :bonk:

hmmm, let me readjust for windage, calibrate my sights, and see if I can lob something your way that will strike home... :P

I'm curious, why not a Silver-Palladium triumph?

Edited by KendallJ

Kendall Justiniano
Who is John Galt?

Actually, Grasshopper, I have quite a selection of blacks with Triumph nibs, too. Especially a gorgeous XF Two-toned Triumph black Valiant touchdown -- but it's another one of the pens that I'm keeping for myself. ;)

Kendall, just to jump in on your question to Grasshopper, there's a subtle difference between the shape of the two-toned and PdAg triumph nibs. I have a couple of Palladium silver nibs that I really like. But all things being equal, I prefer the two-toned.

I'll have to go check the snork colors again and figure out which ones I have. I know I don't have a Periwinkle (I'd love one of those!). But I get continually mixed up about which years had which colors.

Oh, and yes please, I'd love a copy of your spreadsheet. :) I'm not going to be collecting the way you are, but it'd help me keep my little inventory straight.

ElaineB

I've got a black TD Valient with a fine 2T Triumph - but I have to deal with a rusty filler-unit first. (Doh!) :(

And a Black Snorkel Valient with a fine 2T Triumph - I was going to keep that one, but you might convince me otherwise.

J. Appleseed

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

I think I went a little overboard on my eBay purchases earlier this summer, because I have something like 20 Touchdowns and Snorks at this point.  :rolleyes:  What can I say? I really like Touchdowns with Triumph nibs. These were all non-functioning when I bought them, and I've really enjoyed the work bringing them back to life. What great pens!

I finally decided on the four I'm going to keep, but the rest will need to find new homes.  Perhaps we should have one big trading session where everyone posts their Snorks and TDs and see what happens?!

ElaineB

Elaine:

Wow you have been really busy on e-bay lately like I have. Is it me, or are Snorks and TDs addictive? :rolleyes:

Sincerely yours,

Ronnie Banks

"Like a prized watch, a good fountain pen is a trusted companion for life."