Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• MikeW

• andyk

• Blue Fingers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My favorite Cross pen would be one made by Cross. :thumbup:

Anyway, out of the four I own (Verve, Townsend, Century II, ATX), I think I like the Townsend the best,

"For it is the Doom of Men that they forget." - Merlin, Excalibur

What is your favorite Cross Pen?

Mine is definitely the Cross Townsend Lapis Blue, now sadly discontinued. Probably the most beautiful pen ever made by Cross. I have both the FP and BP versions, I'm pleased to say.

That's a very tough question....I have three cross pens that I really, really like.

1. Cross 150th Anniversary Sterling Fountain pen

2. Cross Lapis Townsend Fountain pen

3. My 1902 Cross Eyedropper with very flexible nib.

Actually, I like all the Townsend series fountain pens. They are all great writers.

Best regards,

Jerry

No question for me. It's my Kelly Green Cross Solo XF. Awesome pen. Lightweight, EXCELLENT Japanese XF nib, and cheap!

I nearly second that. My Kelly Green Solo is an F, not an XF. Second the awesome, and all the remaining description, with the exception of the X in front of the F.

Donnie

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)

For me:

1 - Titanium Townsend

2 - Apogee

3 - ATX low third, section too slippery

The Townsend is the pen all others are compared against.

Cross Century Classic Fountain Pen Fine Nib

I use a fountain pen because one ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem, see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to write a few reasonable words with a fountain pen.

I have a Cross fountain pen that I paid only $30.00. I don't recall the exact model name, but it is a great writer. Based on the low end price, someone might know what it is. The cap is threaded so it must be turned to remove it. Unable to post a photo right now.

The ATX medalist was the first that I owned, and a very nice pen. I also have a collection of Solo pens, and they are very hard to beat. I am not at all sure why this format has not been applied to other pens, but the nibs are very smooth, and the cap secures very well to both ends.

"LIFE………….is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What A Ride!"

I like my Tech3, medium diameter, black, red ink and pencil. Writing is very smooth and the twist action mechanism works well.

Don't see the need for the small eraser though.

~ Mike

Only have 3 Cross FPs, favourite is probably my Solo, but I use my Century II (in classic chrome) now and again.

Andy

I don't own many Cross pens but my interest in them has been reignited.

I purchased a wonderful silver Verve just after they came out - great look, feel and balance. A very special pen.

I recently acquired a silver Townsend in a trade - I was quite impressed by its writing and feel. I always think of Cross pens as being thin and I like some girth to my pens; I was pleasantly surprised when the Townsend was added to the trade offer and took the deal. I have been checking out the different colours of the Townsend, thinking I might buy another one. The Lapis is certainly high on the preferred list - gorgeous pen!

A number of members of my pen club own the silver 150 Anniversary Cross - this pen is one of the few bold designs by Cross, with its zigzag pattern and the three black bands, it creates a stunning look, imho.

I purchased a red Apogee set for my daughter and she loves them.

While they may not get as much credit as they deserve, as well as put out a few stinkers here and there, at least they are trying to innovate with their designs like the Verve, Apogee, Autocross, etc.

MikeW

"In the land of fountain pens, the one with the sweetest nib reigns supreme!"

Check out the London Pen Club.

While I am principally a vintage collector, I have the Lapis Townsend and the 150th Anniversary pen. They are both exceptional. The 150th has one of the most gorgeous nibs I've ever encountered. Both pens glide across the paper like they are divinely inspired. I also like pens with girth, but these Cross pens have the heft that feels good despite their svelte appearance. I highly recommend both.

Best regards,

Jerry

As my post suggests and yours confirms, both of these pens are on my "to buy" list! :drool: :puddle: :drool: :puddle:

MikeW

"In the land of fountain pens, the one with the sweetest nib reigns supreme!"

Check out the London Pen Club.

My favorite is a Townsend with a B nib.

Jane

"I never knew anyone who worked so hard to make such a mess."

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/9840/mittenshu1.png

• 1 month later...

My Metropolis was my first quality fountain pen and dozens of more expensive vintage and contemporary pens later it remains one of the best writers I've ever used. The nib was extraordinary and I love the art deco look, the weight, and everything about the pen.

My favorite is my Century 2000 in flat black. A long heavy pen!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!