I just received a package from India

Wizergig

Had this of been a package from Columbia, I would probably be eating all the chips in the house, and not worrying about any of it, but... :ltcapd:

The mail lady came to the door with 4 packages. I needed to sign for one, and I gave it no thought as this is not uncomon. I get in the house, and open them. 3 of them I am expecting, the fourth I have no clue about. I am expecting only one package from outside the Americas, and this is not it. I purchased a vintage unused Pelikan set from a seller in Italy. I have yet to receive it, and it has been eleven days. Not concerned yet, but I have just sent an email off to ask if they has shipped the package yet, and I have not received a reply. Of course now I am sitting here bouncing off the walls wondering if I have been scammed, and since I signed for the package if it is, what can I do about it.

I bought it from this seller-zefiskio

The auction number is - 280131450666

I paid with Paypal.

The package I received had 3 Hero pens in it that I would have never bought, and there is no receipt in the package. There is an address on the envelope, and an India Post tracking number, but I have had no luck tracing either of these back to the source.

Add to all of this my Ebay feedback has an entry from a seller that I have done business with before(and had no problems with), and it says the auction is private, and I can not find anything about the auction, or the entry to my feedback.

I am (until I receive communication from the seller of the Pelikan) going nuts trying to figure this stuff out, and wondering if I should close all my Ebay, and Paypal accounts. I am sitting here wondering if I got sent a bogus package with a signature required to prevent me from raising a dispute. I hate being ripped off, and almost worse, wondering if I have been without really knowing.

Anyone with any thoughts here please chime in.....

"LIFE………….is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What A Ride!"

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Letsi

• Wizergig

• jicaino

• Kirk

Top Posters In This Topic

Some thoughts:

1. Have you tried the India Post tracking service on the web?

2. You could send the Indian shipper an airmail letter asking them to help you figure things out.

3. The seller looks reputable, given his/her Power Seller status.

It doesn't sound fishy....YET.....only weird.

Skip

Skip Williams

www.skipwilliams.com/blog

Wow, that sounds like a Dateline investigation in the making.

Good luck.

Watermans Flex Club & Sheaffer Lifetime Society Member

Hello. I have purchased two pens from Stefano, and received them both. The Sheaffer I was posting about recently came from him, and although it was misrepresented and underpackaged, it was at least delivered, and he offered to take it back or give a discount when I presented my case. Incidentally, he mentioned he would be away on vacation shortly while we were resolving that issue, so that probably explains his silence. If it's any consolation one pen I had from him took three weeks (to Canada). His signature packaging is a yellow paper envelope folded over and taped, with the pens packed in a few scraps of newspaper, although perhaps he will improve after the tirade he got from me on that head! Hope this helps relieve your anxiety.

No point jumping to conclusions before you've investigated what happened.

In The Sorrows of Young Werther Goethe offered this thought, which is still worth keeping in mind: "Misunderstandings and neglect occasion more mischief in the world than even malice and wickedness. At all events, the two latter are of less frequent occurrence." :hmm1:

Or, as many people quote many other people as having said: "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." :ltcapd:

Hello. I have purchased two pens from Stefano, and received them both. The Sheaffer I was posting about recently came from him, and although it was misrepresented and underpackaged, it was at least delivered, and he offered to take it back or give a discount when I presented my case. Incidentally, he mentioned he would be away on vacation shortly while we were resolving that issue, so that probably explains his silence. If it's any consolation one pen I had from him took three weeks (to Canada). His signature packaging is a yellow paper envelope folded over and taped, with the pens packed in a few scraps of newspaper, although perhaps he will improve after the tirade he got from me on that head! Hope this helps relieve your anxiety.

Andru, Would happen to remember if the package actually came form Italy? This describes almost perfectly the package I got with the exception of paper towels instead of newspaper.

"LIFE………….is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What A Ride!"

you can complain via paypal. I have been ripped off by either the seller or the post on an electronic gizmo item from hong kong, (In all fairness the seller reimbursed my money right after I used the report an item not received form) you can open a dispute and then escalade that dispute. Don't close YOUR accounts for an undependable seller!

Please don't send PM's, use my e-mail instead. Thanks!

If the seller is on vacation, it is possible he mailed the package from India and that he sent you a package intended for someone else by mistake.

If the seller is on vacation, it is possible he mailed the package from India and that he sent you a package intended for someone else by mistake.

right after I jumped to type the paypal claim thing, I recalled this: last batch of pens I auctioned on eBay, while the listings were active, I got a work gig in a small town near Buenos Aires. As I planned to arrive like one week after auctions closed, I took all the pens I thought I'll had to mail with me. long story short, 3 days before auctions closing, I had a computer meltdown, lost ALL my data, had to get a new laptop on the go, and ended ALMOST sending the wrong item to 2 sellers. Maybe, maybe there's a light ahead and this guy took a vacation trip from italy to india and mismatched the envelopes... I know I had to rip 2 envelopes open and put the right stuff into new envelopes adressed to the right buyer.

Please don't send PM's, use my e-mail instead. Thanks!

• 6 months later...
No point jumping to conclusions before you've investigated what happened.

In The Sorrows of Young Werther Goethe offered this thought, which is still worth keeping in mind: "Misunderstandings and neglect occasion more mischief in the world than even malice and wickedness. At all events, the two latter are of less frequent occurrence." :hmm1:

Or, as many people quote many other people as having said: "Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence." :ltcapd:

The Australian translation is "If the choice is between a (bleep)-up and a conspiracy, go for the (bleep)-up every time".

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

• 2 years later...

Apologies for thread digging but am planning to buy something from zefiskio.

Just like to know if there's any other buyers who've bought things from him recently and if they experienced the same problem as the previous posts :)

Cheers

Just like to know if there's any other buyers who've bought things from him recently and if they experienced the same problem as the previous posts :)

Ah... got your eye on that juicy Montblanc 146 that he has up for sale eh? He's got it on eBay too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MONTBLANC-MEISTERSTUCK-146-penna-stilografica-INUSATA-/270565488370?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Penne&hash=item3efef5b6f2

His eBay feedback looks pretty good overall.

Kirk

Shh... :puddle:

Yeah, his ebay account's reviews seemed genuine.

However, when I did a search with his nick, this thread came up... That's why I'm here to check for any credential updates... Am very close to pressing the trigger... :embarrassed_smile:

Ah... got your eye on that juicy Montblanc 146 that he has up for sale eh? He's got it on eBay too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MONTBLANC-MEISTERSTUCK-146-penna-stilografica-INUSATA-/270565488370?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Penne&hash=item3efef5b6f2

His eBay feedback looks pretty good overall.

Kirk

However, when I did a search with his nick, this thread came up... That's why I'm here to check for any credential updates... Am very close to pressing the trigger... :embarrassed_smile:

Oh dude, you can't still be thinking about pressing the trigger on this one. You gotta know what you want, what a fair price is, and be willing to jump as soon as the opportunity presents itself! Guys on here are FAST when great deals come up. Usually the great deals only last a matter of minutes before the pen is sold. I already sent this guy an offer hours ago on the MB 146 that he's selling. He's probably already got it sold and just doesn't know it yet because he's sleeping in Italy right now....

Kirk

Oh dude, you can't still be thinking about pressing the trigger on this one. You gotta know what you want, what a fair price is, and be willing to jump as soon as the opportunity presents itself! Guys on here are FAST when great deals come up. Usually the great deals only last a matter of minutes before the pen is sold. I already sent this guy an offer hours ago on the MB 146 that he's selling. He's probably already got it sold and just doesn't know it yet because he's sleeping in Italy right now....

Kirk

Well... The problem is not so much the seller but more on the Italian postal service and the stories I've heard about them + the fact that I live in Asia... :crybaby: