Madrid Pen Show

Pedro

Hi everybody

Here´s a short report from the Madrid pen show

Arrival at 4pm at the hotel (5 hour drive) and off for the show where all the fun begun, there were about 30 tables, I guess with every kind of pen (and a few watches) possible ranging from the modern pastic ones to the original Parker snake pen (nice pen David).

It was a real pleasure to put faces to names like Ray (raythepen at ebay), Maryann and Steve Zucker , Simon from Battersea pens, Alfonso Mur the show organizer that had on display the best Conklin colection I ever saw , David Nishimura (Vintage pens) and many others.

For me the show was a great experience that I´m looking forward to repeat and, as a bonus I got some real nice pens: a celluloid Omas Arco bronze for about half the retail price , a Montblanc 149 vintage with a smooth flex nib, again for half the price I saw the last one on ebay (and beleive me,I never wrote with a 149 nib like this one) and a couple of adjustable nib Dorics , one of them a green one almost too superflex to be useable at it´s maximum setting.

All in all a real nice show and I´m hopping that next year some more of you from the other side of the pond take the time to come and visit

Regards

Pedro

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pedro

• Free Citizen

• winedoc

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Pedro for the report. Perhaps I can try to make it next year ;) For some reasons I just don't understand, but some of my biggest clients for Danitrio pens are in Spain :) I know my wife and I would love to visit Madrid some day.

Best,

Kev

To Cross The Rubicon

Internet Pens

Thanks Kev

It was also my first time to see danitrios on the flesh , one of the sellers (sorry don´t remember his name , old gentlemen) had 3 or four of the large hand painted ones as well as one made from horn and a couple of sailors (concord and cross emperor) from his private collection.

Nice pens (all of them)

For some reasons I just don't understand, but some of my biggest clients for Danitrio pens are in Spain :)

Kevin,

Didn't you know that the Spaniards have a flair for fine arts. It is the land where some of its most famous sons hails from. Names like Picasso and Gaudi comes to mind :) Thanks for the report Pedro ;)

T-H Lim

Life is short, so make the best of it while we still have it.