Lamy 2000 EF

Shelley

After having this for a couple of weeks, trying some different inks and getting used to it I decided to give it a good run and took it to court 3 days in a row.

This involved fast writting, multiple pages and a variety of media to write upon.

The current ink I was running was Lamy Blue.

My overall experiance was very positive: I chewed through a fair bit of ink, but the pen still has lots left, the ink always came out nice and dark and laid down a wet line no matter what I was writting on (this was occasionally a problem as some of the paper was so poor that the ink did not always have a chance to fully dry and so resulted in some smearing), the EF is a good size (for me) small enough to fit in lines, big enough to be clear about what I am putting down.

I did have to exert a certain amount of caution when wrote with because whilst for 99% of the time it was super smooth, if I let it slip on a wrong angle it would drag rather than glide across the paper-this meant I did have to concentrate and slow down my writing slightly.

The texture is a good solid sort and I felt comfortable holding the pen, putting it on my keyboard, putting it in my jacket, placing it on my desk and on paper, it never rolled, was easy for the cap to come on and off, and was a joy to use.

So all in all i am very happy with this pen and it has earned a permanent place in my lineup-filled with Lamy Blue.

Lamy 2000-Lamy Vista-Visconti Van Gogh Maxi Tortoise Demonstrator-Pilot Vanishing Point Black Carbonesque-1947 Parker 51 Vacumatic Cedar Blue Double Jewel-Aurora Optima Black Chrome Cursive Italic-Waterman Hemisphere Metallic Blue-Sheaffer Targa-Conway Stewart CS475

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shelley

• davidmigl

• J English Smith

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the 2000, I believe mine is a fine rather than XF. Very smooth and flow-y.

I still need to send mine back to Lamy, though, because it does leech some ink out of the metal "ears." I have not been able to part with it yet tho (have only had for a month). I think it is missing some form of seal or o-ring that is supposed to be part of the section.

Very comfortable to hold. I bought a four-color BP in the 80s and a regular BP in the 90s - took me a long time to work up to the fountain pen, but it is a wonderful, minimalist design.

<i>"Most people go through life using up half their energy trying to protect a dignity they never had."</i><br>-Marlowe, in <i>The Long Goodbye</i>

I can see a line around the ears, must be another section there, send it back, sooner the better, then you will get a perfect one...I know how you feel though, not sure I would want to part wth mine...

Lamy 2000-Lamy Vista-Visconti Van Gogh Maxi Tortoise Demonstrator-Pilot Vanishing Point Black Carbonesque-1947 Parker 51 Vacumatic Cedar Blue Double Jewel-Aurora Optima Black Chrome Cursive Italic-Waterman Hemisphere Metallic Blue-Sheaffer Targa-Conway Stewart CS475

I assume it's very smooth? I've heard of a few scratchy xf nibs in the latest batch, but I've never heard a complaint about a fine or medium.

It glides over the paper, if you push hard, it first flexes for some line variation and then after that will scratch a little, however, if held lightly it simply 'glides'-can not think of better word.

Vary very happy with this pen-funny its not as pretty as my Van Gogh, nor as handy as my VP, yet I find myself reaching for it more and more...