• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FredRydr

• sdcurnow

• Okami

• hari317

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's been awhile so I'll throw my name back out there. I believe I've messaged all the recent posters, but if anyone else would like to swap a card, just send me a PM and we'll get to it! (Fred, I've got one or two on the way to you already.)

Anyone who wishes to receive a postcard from Myanmar a.k.a. Burma, send a postcard to:

Pansodan Gallery

286 Pansodan Street (first floor)

Kyauktada

Yangon

Myanmar

I will reply to up to 10 postcards per week, until 10 January. (Maybe more, but not much later)

Warning: Myanmar postal system is not the most reliable in the world, so don't send your most precious cards. Arrivals are pretty quick, but cards sent from here may take a month or so to reach Europe.

Sometime in 2016, our gallery will have an exhibition of postcards. Most of those postcards will be old ones which were sent between 1950-1990. But it would be good to have some new ones, not to make the card and letter seem obsolete. So if you do not want your postcard to be part of the exhibition, please note so, or if you would like your address removed, just either don't include it and PM me, or else, ask me to remove or obscure it.

You can address them to me, Nance (the one who replies) or to U Aung (co-owner of the gallery), not likely to write a card.

Edited by inkish

fpn_1474627498__arttonic_smallest.jpg

Arttonic papers make you want to write. Enjoy them on Instagram if you can't get them in person.

Sometime in 2016, our gallery will have an exhibition of postcards.

inkish,

Will the exhibition be displaying both the picture and the address/correspondence side of the postcards?

Fred

inkish,

Will the exhibition be displaying both the picture and the address/correspondence side of the postcards?

Fred

We plan to display both sides of the card in most of the displays, because there are two themes to the exhibition: the connection between people through post, and the art and design of postcards. But if you request to show one side only, of course we can do that. The exhibition will not be online, except as photographs of the room as a whole. If anyone has privacy concerns, they can just sign with only one name, or better yet, a false name, and not put on a return address. You can always PM me with your address to effect the swap, if you are shy of having your address travel the world.

First postcard from my side already written. I've decided I can manage 20 postcards per week. Each unique, of course. And in waterproof inks. As we are an art gallery, most of the cards sent will be of paintings, with a few old photographs as well. You are welcome to express a preference, also for abstract, or less vs more realistic painting. I may send an aerogramme if I am feeling chattier, so also let me know if you really prefer a postcard.

Edited by inkish

Arttonic papers make you want to write. Enjoy them on Instagram if you can't get them in person.

• 2 weeks later...

My pessimism about the Myanmar postal system seems to be outdated—cards have begun to arrive. They have friendly messages, well-chosen stamps, an eye for aesthetics, and handwriting with some personality—nothing fancy, just solid postcards. They are taking about two weeks to arrive from the US. Thanks, and your replies will be on the way soon.

Edited by inkish

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to let everyone know about a pretty good PC deal that lasts through 12/28...

Zazzle.com has 60% off their regular PC's and you can create custom PC's for 38 cents each. They seem to be fairly FP friendly but will smudge with certain inks.

Size is 4.25 x 5.6.

---Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really have anyone to write to, so a postcard swap would be fun. If anyone wants to swap with me, please pm.

Thanks!

I'm on the west coast of the US, and we live one block from the beach on the central Oregon coast. I can send store-bought pcs to people, or I can turn my own photography into post cards. Your choice. I usually photograph landscapes (especially at the beach, of course) and dogs. I can get any kind of local-related or other postcards, if you prefer to have the store-bought kind.

Edited by IrishEyes

"In the end, only kindness matters."

If you want to swap postcards, send private messages. A mere invitation to PM you will likely disappoint.

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm new to fountain pens and saw this post about about postcards and thought it was a great way to start receiving real mail again.

I reside in Melbourne, Australia. So I can send post cards of what is going on here and some of the local tourist attractions. If you are interested send me a PM.

Regards

Richard

If you are interested send me a PM.

If you want to swap postcards, send private messages. A mere invitation to PM you will likely disappoint.

Fred

• 1 month later...

From an antique shop just north of Gettysburg, I just picked up about 30 B&W engraved-style postcards of three scenes from the American Civil War. PM me if those strike your fancy.

Fred

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Want to swap? I've picked up a lot of modern China and Japan postcards, some in B&W of older neighborhoods. Many Pomegranate art cards and architecture cards. Vintage view cards of virtually every American state, but especially strong in Pennsylvania cards and North and South Carolina cards. And of course, the color railroad postcards. If you like oddball postcards, I aim to please.

I PM others, but PM me if you are interested.

Fred

• 4 weeks later...

Who wants a postcard from Canada?

PM me you name and address, and I provide you my address in Toronto.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there I'm relatively new to fountain pens and looking to improve my hand writing, this would be a good chance for me to improve so anyone wanting to exchange with myself let me know.

I live in the UK (devon)

• 1 month later...

Hey! I'm in Texas and like to take pictures. Maybe a 4x6 picture with some notes on the back could qualify as a postcard? :unsure: I travel often (different pictures of different places) and would like to send them about once a month or once every two months. If you would like one just let me know and i can put you on a list and start sending some! I wold like to get some back but it's not absolutely necessary! Also, i would love to see some from different countries!

Regards,

Don

24, Married

2 pup children

Undergrad clinical/ counseling Senior- Grad school soon hopefully?

Ps. I feel if i can get a list i feel i will be able to regularly maintain correspondence and try not to slack.

Edited by dgreenwood116

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FountainPenStation?ref=hdr_shop_menu

http://NIBBLYNIB.WORDPRESS.COM

• 1 month later...