Pencils with taste ...

cmeisenzahl

notebookism: Pencils with taste

http://www.taipeitimes.com/images/2007/07/07/20070706184224.jpeg

"PENCILS WITH TASTE: A stationery maker Pentel employee displays the world's first mechanical pencil, the Supplio, with flavoured lead at the International Stationery and Office products Fair in Tokyo Friday. The leads contain nano-sized flavoured capsules that transfer to the paper with three different flavours of rose, green tea and rosemary. The Supplio will in stores in September."

http://www.notebookism.com/2007/07/pencils-with-ta.html

Chris

http://amateureconblog.blogspot.com/

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jd50ae

• EventHorizon

• 110Mike

• Keng

Top Posters In This Topic

Now there's an accident waiting to happen!

Do I chew the tip end of the pencil, or do I lick the page?

My dog ate my homework.............. :rolleyes:

:roflmho: :ltcapd:

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money.

- Cree Indian Proverb

Yea but..............

But why would................

I don't get................

Garageboy, I'm just goint to lick the page :glare:

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

US science fiction novelist & scholar (1920 - 1992)

There is probably no more terrible instant of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man--with human flesh.

Frank Herbert, Dune

US science fiction novelist (1920 - 1986)

My Pens on Flikr

Maybe the translator misinterpreted the text as "flavor" instead of "scent"? :blink: I can see scented leads, as they did with markers some years ago.

Otherwise... why on Earth would anyone want to suck on a pencil lead? I mean sheesh--get a breath mint! Talk about ridiculous marketing ideas.

Edited by MYU

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Maybe the translator misinterpreted the text as "flavor" instead of "scent"? :blink: I can see scented leads, as they did with markers some years ago.

Otherwise... why on Earth would anyone want to suck on a pencil lead? I mean sheesh--get a breath mint! Talk about ridiculous marketing ideas.

By cracky I think you have solved the mystery. :thumbup:

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

That has to be a mistranslation or something, like don't put knife in baby, and other odd asianisms...

Lamy 2000-Lamy Vista-Visconti Van Gogh Maxi Tortoise Demonstrator-Pilot Vanishing Point Black Carbonesque-1947 Parker 51 Vacumatic Cedar Blue Double Jewel-Aurora Optima Black Chrome Cursive Italic-Waterman Hemisphere Metallic Blue-Sheaffer Targa-Conway Stewart CS475

I think the choice of flavors "Rose, green tea and rosemary" also points to the flavors being scent rather than taste.

J

So if you have a lot of ink,

You should get a Yink, I think.

- Dr Suess

Always looking for pens by Baird-North, Charles Ingersoll, and nibs marked "CHI"

The thoughts just flow through the mind:

After years of trying to get the children to stop putting the pencil in their mouth....

Looks like it was invented by a tort lawyer.....

The emergency room should be for warned about this....

Just because you can build something doesn't mean you should.....

Expect to see it mentioned on the Darwin Award shortly......

The Consumer Product Safety Commission will be very interested.....

YMMV

If nothing else, it's worth a good laugh. :roflmho:

But I can't imagine licking my pencil (or the paper) in public!

That has to be a mistranslation or something, like don't put knife in baby, and other odd asianisms...

AKA: engrish. I am always humoured by the often poor translations into english of items in asia.

www.engrish.com

Jason's current rotation:

Lamy 2000 eyedropper

Parker '51' Vac

Sailor Pro Gear