Help In Identifying Mont Blanc! Thank You.

coinlvr

Hello,

I recently purchased an used Mont Blanc and I am not sure if it is 144 or 149? I called Mont Blanc and they asked me to send it in for a service at a very high charge and authentication. I am not sure if the pen is Mont Blanc or something like Sailor. Can you please help? I will be most grateful. Thank you so much for your past generosity. I hope that I have not done an expensive mistake. Thank you in advance.

s-l1601.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1602.jpg

s-l1603.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• coinlvr

• zaddick

• PAKMAN

• GOTO10

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cap says it's a 146, has the split ebonite feed, not sure about the nib. Someone with more knowledge would be able to tell you if that was original to the pen.

I'd agree that it appears to be a 146 "LeGrand" model.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Hello Pnlvr

As the new owner of the 146 you will need to remember that you have a Montblanc and not a Mont Blanc.

Your fine nibbed 146 looks in good order apart from the nib needing a good clean, easily fixed of course.

I am sure that you will enjoy using the pen, best of luck and regards.

Ken

Nice.

One of the best modern 146 pens ever built, imho.

The monotone nibs are just great.

Hope you enjoy it in good health.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and advice. Please forgive my splitting of the name-Montblanc. I apologize in advance.

My question is as follows: to clean the nib, just soaking in a cool water cup for few days should work, correct? Or Does anyone recommend the use of any cleaners that Mr. Goulet or others have on their sites for sale? Thank you again for blessing my Montblanc 146 and I am looking forward to writing with it.

Start with water and just soaking the nib and section up to the threads. Don't dump the whole pen in water.

After a soak pull some clean water into the pen and let it lay on its side in the air to let any ink inside dissolve (if it can) and then flush the pen several times. Slow and steady is the best plan here.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Thank you, Zaddick. I will post my writing samples once I am done soaking the nib and feed first. Then following all of the instructions that you have provided. Slow and Steady...This community has been a blessing in light of stresses of daily life. Thanks for all your help, dear fpn-lovers.

Just be careful of us or your wallet will be sorry... It starts so innocently with a recommendation or an interesting review... :D

These 146 pens are not fragile really but people have been known to force them and if there is dried ink it can cause the piston spindle inside to break or the piston head can get damaged from running over rough ink deposits many times. Don't ask me how I know... :D

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

It arrived and writes an amazing wet fine line. I snapped with my not so good phone camera and sharing them with you. I loved the advice about my first MONTBLANC 146 transitional model and how to soak it and fill it. I will fill it with Montblanc Royal Blue ink that I had purchased in Frankfurt.

20201023_171909.jpg

20201023_171849.jpg

20201023_171909.jpg

20201023_171922.jpg