The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Montblanc Shoe Bottle Inks Retailers In The U.s, No Boutique In My Area.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Anne-Sophie

Anne-Sophie

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,216 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 21:33

I am in the Midwest and my area doesn't have any Montblanc boutique.

I tried the high end department stores, nothing but cartridges.

Any dealings with the Montblanc online boutique? How do they ship ink? What shipper do they use?

Can you share your experiences with brick and mortar stores that have online presence, their handling of shipment containing only ink and what shipper do they use?

Any really good or bad transactions?

Please share both experiences but only mention the retailer's name of good ones. 

Amberlea, I hope I am in the right sub-forum and it is ok to ask that.

I am at a loss and I believe the FPN ink area is where I will find my answer.  

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

Sponsored Content

#2 LizEF

LizEF

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,582 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 October 2020 - 21:55

I've purchased Montblanc from AndersonPens.com and Amazon.com.  No problems either way - Montblanc themselves package their ink very securely.  However, Amazon's prices can be absurdly expensive, so you have to be careful to only buy when the prices are good.  Also, at the moment, Montblanc Mystery Black appears to be out of stock everywhere - I assume it's due to the virus...

#3 Freddy

Freddy

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,674 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 October 2020 - 22:20

I am in the Midwest and my area doesn't have any Montblanc boutique.

I tried the high end department stores, nothing but cartridges.

Any dealings with the Montblanc online boutique? How do they ship ink? What shipper do they use?

Can you share your experiences with brick and mortar stores that have online presence, their handling of shipment containing only ink and what shipper do they use?

Any really good or bad transactions?

Please share both experiences but only mention the retailer's name of good ones. 

Amberlea, I hope I am in the right sub-forum and it is ok to ask that.

I am at a loss and I believe the FPN ink area is where I will find my answer.  

Fountain Pen Hospital { 10 Warren St. New York City } has a very good selection and the order has always arrived safely.

The carrier is UPS....

Fred

#4 Anne-Sophie

Anne-Sophie

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,216 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 22:30

I've purchased Montblanc from AndersonPens.com and Amazon.com.  No problems either way - Montblanc themselves package their ink very securely.  However, Amazon's prices can be absurdly expensive, so you have to be careful to only buy when the prices are good.  Also, at the moment, Montblanc Mystery Black appears to be out of stock everywhere - I assume it's due to the virus...

Oh no! I need the regular black and blue in the shoe bottle, are they called Mystery Black and Royal Blue?

Edited by Anne-Sophie, 18 October 2020 - 22:42.

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

#5 LizEF

LizEF

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,582 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 October 2020 - 23:08

Oh no! I need the regular black and blue in the shoe bottle, are they called Mystery Black and Royal Blue?

That's them, unless you're looking for the permanent inks, in which case, they're just Permanent Blue and Permanent Black.  Amazon have Royal Blue at a reasonable price, but Mystery Black is above MSRP.  Anderson Pens don't have either one - either they're phasing out Montblanc, or there's a supply problem, or something.

Fountain Pen Hospital would be a good place to check.

#6 Herrjaeger

Herrjaeger

Carrau

• Member - Gold

• 1,727 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Yesterday, 02:07

Dromgoole's has both in stock from what I can see.

Sponsored Content

|