The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

I Restored My Pen Display. [ About Time ]

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JotterAddict62

JotterAddict62

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 October 2020 - 23:53

Greetings All

I have had this Parker Jotter for a few years now, [ how many ? ] anyway I was cleaning house today and when I gotten to dust the display I just had to take another look on trying to solve the problem. The turn table shaft was always slipping and would stall. I taken the display apart to see what the problem was, [ not a good idea ] not knowing how is was put together in the first place.

I was about to give up when I pulled up on the shaft from the bottom and  I notice the slack in shaft. There went that little light bulb in my head :wallbash: :headsmack:

Here is the display.

PeROPtX.jpg

Here is the fix, a little plastic spacer.

ijhyBmU.jpg

Here is the result of my restoration.

https://i.imgur.com/NGCmbcR.mp4

I am not sure on the date of the display, however here are the price list that is on the back of the display.

pFAdkFj.jpg

7eChOuE.jpg

YFTZv3R.jpg

JORtU5J.jpg

qHtVIMM.jpg

Ken

Sponsored Content

#2 jb500

jb500

I got a lot to say...I can't remember now

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 October 2020 - 01:46

JotterAdict,

It is great to see those pens spin!! :thumbup: 

--jb

"A witty saying proves nothing."--Voltaire

#3 joss

joss

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 October 2020 - 08:26

I am not sure on the date of the display, however here are the price list that is on the back of the display.

That is a very attractive display. If the price list shows retail prices, this display must be circa 1976.

Sponsored Content

|