Sharing some pictures of a new model by the Airmail Pen Company APCO located in Mumbai. They call it simply the 71JB. But I think it needs an appropriate suffix to differentiate it from the regular 71JB. I think 71JBRCC should describe it well. R for regular filling (ED) CC for cartridge converter.

This pen has a new design on the cap tube and needless to say has a three in one filling system. The RCC.

It comes in a black cardboard box.

fpn_1601623432__c43fb09a-00ef-4c25-8b4e-

A fancy ink dropper is included.

fpn_1601623660__109a3d05-fbf7-4e20-8d3c-

The label.

fpn_1601623739__cb506837-0763-4785-95c9-

The pen. Notice the lack of an ink view window.

fpn_1601623822__afd87748-dd58-4b85-8e39-

The pen opened.

fpn_1601623916__02907acf-6acb-40d3-bfc3-

The no 6 (35mm) nib unit.

fpn_1601623979__f662fe3c-f4e6-4195-8e26-

The plastic finned feeder.

fpn_1601624032__07b97da4-7f07-44db-8c61-

Schmidt K5 converter is included.

fpn_1601624103__4431ae7e-a990-42ae-ac39-

With the normal 71J in centre.

fpn_1601624195__1cd29cea-faeb-43e8-9564-

I have self modified the 71J to take the Schmidt FH452.

fpn_1601624274__bef96443-0fb6-42e6-9cda-

fpn_1601624359__d1a6184a-e98d-485d-a9d8-

The new nibs are very smooth. Lovely writers.

fpn_1601641972__7e175412-d988-4afa-ab0e-

The nibs have no marking, I would have loved the Airmail stamping on them. I feel this is a welcome positive step and makes the RCC option more accessible on an already lovely pen.

Cheers

Hari

Edited by hari317

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• Sagarb

• bugsydog55

• Dimy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking forward to being able to get this pen in the US. i think this was a very smart move by Airmail.

agreed. I hear from the distributor that this pen has been very well received in the Indian market and is already sold out. I hope some or the other retailer picks up this model and offers it internationally as well.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I have seen them listed, for at least a short time, at Penhouse. But since it is virtually impossible, as of yet, to get anything internationally shipped all I can do is wait. I have seen this design in the similar Click models and have been tempted beyond belief to give these a try. Looking forward to when they get more readily available. I can see myself getting a couple since the Airmail colors and a CC system could be hard to beat.

I have seen them listed, for at least a short time, at Penhouse. But since it is virtually impossible, as of yet, to get anything internationally shipped all I can do is wait. I have seen this design in the similar Click models and have been tempted beyond belief to give these a try. Looking forward to when they get more readily available. I can see myself getting a couple since the Airmail colors and a CC system could be hard to beat.

Confusingly APCO has decided to name this new RCC model also as 71JB. The usual 71JB which is a regular filler is documented here

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/247167-airmail-wality-71jb-in-solid-colors/

Did you notice this new RCC version listed at penhouse? Can you pls share a link if possible. Thanks.

Showing the JBRCC with the conventional JBs and a J.

fpn_1601797510__bccccfed-78bd-45ba-ad18-

Bottom to top: JB, JBRCC, JB, J. All 71s.

fpn_1601797578__5753e34b-76db-4999-998a-

The JBs and the J are fitted by me with an aftermarket Schmidt FH452 nib unit allowing three in one filing.

fpn_1601797655__f368f7c5-1b7a-4c1a-b3d2-

fpn_1601797990__72f0b9c8-e57c-4f7e-b615-

Best

Hari

Just checked and the pens with converters are a model called "Starone Century" on the Penhouse website. At first glance, I thought they were Airmail/Wality pens. But these do seem to be the same as some Click models I have seen. Click is making several 3-in1 models including their ebonites. I was wondering if there is one producer of these pens and they are just rebranded?

Just checked and the pens with converters are a model called "Starone Century" on the Penhouse website. At first glance, I thought they were Airmail/Wality pens. But these do seem to be the same as some Click models I have seen. Click is making several 3-in1 models including their ebonites. I was wondering if there is one producer of these pens and they are just rebranded?

Airmail and click are different, both are manufacturers. I have visited the Airmail factory in Mumbai several times. I recently watched a video showing Click's factory. So cross supply between these two companies looks less likely. I also saw the starone TIO model at penhouse, it's being sold very cheap, much cheaper than Click's entry level TIO model Aristocrat so I am really curious who makes it.

Edited by hari317

Now that looks nice especially packaging. The option of CC is great addition, 2 curiosity that pops in mind is

1- the nib looks a bit different from regular wality nibs and not just cos its not marked does it feel different in writing experience as well and somehow I get jowo wibes from nibs looks makes me extra curious could be attempt to attract other regions plus this looks like standard no 6 nib could be wrong but looks that way.

2- where to buy them from the naming does not help much either....... I think they should just add CC at end to make it more distinguishable.....too much confusion all over the place.

Anyway, they look very nice (all airmails do honestly) and the move to CC will definitely help airmail in long run.

Thanks for sharing them hari.

Edited by Dimy

... 2 curiosity that pops in mind is

1- the nib looks a bit different from regular wality nibs and not just cos its not marked does it feel different in writing experience as well and somehow I get jowo wibes from nibs looks makes me extra curious could be attempt to attract other regions plus this looks like standard no 6 nib could be wrong but looks that way.

It is a Medium width nib, very smooth and a very nice, wet writer. Not a JoWo nor a Bock, the profile is different, the feeder and housing is totally different. Yes the nib is a no 6(35mm).

2- where to buy them from the naming does not help much either...

They are out of stock everywhere at the moment as far as I know, my friend who is active on the groups arranged these for me.

Anyway, they look very nice (all airmails do honestly) and the move to CC will definitely help airmail in long run.

Thanks for sharing them hari.

Agreed, you are welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

The mod looks great and I feel dual tone looks great on this type of big pens with dark color.

May I assume that it was easier to replace the nib on this one then other wality due to having same nib size in stock nib (I could be wrong as I see feed being changed as well....)

Also what do you think, can the nib swap without feed change possible on this one....

Anyway looks nice with current get up especially in dual tone (personal opinion this one 😄)

• 7 months later...

Inked up this brand new 71JB RCC in marbled Red, fitted with a Bock 2tone BB nib unit and converter filled from a new bottle of Sheaffer skrip Red. 

F9B84656-8B76-4985-8391-F5C670A05EBA.jpeg.9c1f749abb0f2c62868ec542bc8b2d88.jpeg

1851D592-CA6A-47DF-A11F-9D489D1474E9.jpeg.0f6381dd93b319341eeace882aa8b070.jpeg

5E52BB3D-53E5-4940-9F26-2CECBCB6FE88.jpeg.820c751f9776bf76cbe5174d9c27f118.jpeg

Edited by hari317

2 minutes ago, hari317 said:

Inked up this brand new 71JB RCC in marbled Red, fitted with a Bock 2tone BB nib unit and converter filled from a new bottle of Sheaffer skrip Red. 

F9B84656-8B76-4985-8391-F5C670A05EBA.jpeg.9c1f749abb0f2c62868ec542bc8b2d88.jpeg

1851D592-CA6A-47DF-A11F-9D489D1474E9.jpeg.0f6381dd93b319341eeace882aa8b070.jpeg

5E52BB3D-53E5-4940-9F26-2CECBCB6FE88.jpeg.820c751f9776bf76cbe5174d9c27f118.jpeg

9F749045-4522-4D1D-AA77-3270187C1C5C.jpeg

It's looks lovely Hari. Did you customize it?

Sagar Bhowmick

2 minutes ago, Sagarb said:

It's looks lovely Hari. Did you customize it?

Thanks Sagar. I just removed the stock M nib unit and installed the Bock BB nib unit. Stock converter was already a high quality Schmidt K7. I wish Airmail made this pen easily available. It’s real VFM in my opinion and looks good. 

1 hour ago, hari317 said:

Thanks Sagar. I just removed the stock M nib unit and installed the Bock BB nib unit. Stock converter was already a high quality Schmidt K7. I wish Airmail made this pen easily available. It’s real VFM in my opinion and looks good. 

Thank you Hari. Actually I avoided buying this because of its new band design, I don't like it much. But after seeing your post, I think I must have one.

Sagar Bhowmick

14 minutes ago, Sagarb said:

Thank you Hari. Actually I avoided buying this because of its new band design, I don't like it much. But after seeing your post, I think I must have one.

Oh. I liked the cap band. APCO have made a few cap band designs. Some are no longer seen.  

Do let me know if you know of a place to where these are available to buy currently.  PM or email. thanks. 
hari 

• 1 month later...