Ink Pif For Newbies

Shaggy

I'm decluttering a few excess inks. All are in bottles and are at least 95% full.

Rules:

1. You should be relatively new to the hobby. If you already have more than 10 bottled inks, give someone else a chance. Yes, this is on the honor system.

2. I'll pay for shipping in the USA. If you're international, I'm happy to ship to you if you pay for the shipping via some easy service (USPS, UPS, etc).

3. Leave a message below telling me that you're in, and briefly include something that made you smile in the past few months.

4. Deadline is Friday, October 2nd. I'll pick a winner at random.

The Inks:

1. Waterman Absolute Brown in 50 ml bottle

2. Sailor Jentle Shigure (dark purple) in 50 ml bottle

3. Sheaffer Skrip blue in 50 ml bottle

4. Pilot Iroshizuku: a 50/50 mix of Ajisai and Kon-Peki (it's a nice plum color) in a 15 ml bottle

Hoping to brighten someone's day in a rough year.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shaggy

• phonelady61

• bugsydog55

• brokenclay

Ooh--this is excellent! What an excellent PIF.

Not an entry; though this includes some favorite colors, I definitely don't qualify! Just a thank you, Shaggy, for offering it up. This mix of inks is sure to make someone very happy!

Not an entrant either, of course, but thank you for your generosity.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Not an entrant either, but that is a great mix of ink brands and colors for someone new to the hobby. Be a serious introduction to the wonderful world of color that is available out there.

Ooh--this is excellent! What an excellent PIF.

Not an entry; though this includes some favorite colors, I definitely don't qualify! Just a thank you, Shaggy, for offering it up. This mix of inks is sure to make someone very happy!

Not an entrant either, of course, but thank you for your generosity.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Not an entrant either, but that is a great mix of ink brands and colors for someone new to the hobby. Be a serious introduction to the wonderful world of color that is available out there.

Thanks, all.

I dunno, it's not generating a lot of interest. I hope some newbies find the thread.

I agree that this is a very nice PIF, and like the others thus far, I'm not eligible.

Posts come slowly to this board, as the mods have to approve every single topic. If need be, hold it open an extra week or two, or till you get your first entry.

I suppose if you're in a huge hurry to get this ink out the door, you could offer it on r/Fountainpens. I've been told that a PIF post there tends to get responses in three digits.

Edited by Arkanabar

I agree that this is a very nice PIF, and like the others thus far, I'm not eligible.

Posts come slowly to this board, as the mods have to approve every single topic. If need be, hold it open an extra week or two, or till you get your first entry.

I suppose if you're in a huge hurry to get this ink out the door, you could offer it on r/Fountainpens. I've been told that a PIF post there tends to get responses in three digits.

I'll just let it run through October I guess.

Reddit is fun, but I wouldn't want anyone on there to know where I live. ;-)

Shaggy: I have had a similar experience, where newbies do not know that this amazing nook of the forum exists. Someone will eventually find it!

Thanks, all.

I dunno, it's not generating a lot of interest. I hope some newbies find the thread.

Reddit has a sub Reddit called Pen-Swap or something like that. Have done a little bit of business there. They have a pm system and it seems secure and they also do paypal etc.... They do get some traffic and there is a community that varies from beginners to experts. A PIF would get some bites real fast because the site attracts a lot of newbies. Otherwise, be patient, there is a needy soul out there that would love to get Christmas in the mail.

You may be right about that. It can be treacherous ground over there, Still hoping someone finds this great opportunity. I found this place 4 years ago and I've been grateful for all the advice and help and a couple of PIF's that came my way.

You may be right about that. It can be treacherous ground over there, Still hoping someone finds this great opportunity. I found this place 4 years ago and I've been grateful for all the advice and help and a couple of PIF's that came my way.

Yes, I'm a little concerned about being doxxed over there. I have an account but I've mostly lurked.

I'll leave this thread up until some newer members find it. The ink won't spoil in the meantime. :-)

Thank you for your generosity in offering this PIF.

I'm interested. I don't know if I qualify as relatively new.

I have 5 bottles of ink (Quink Blue, Waterman Serenity Blue, Diamine Majestic Blue, Diamine Sherwood Green, Nemosine Imperial Purple), and a bunch (dozens) of samples, mostly blues and blacks. I was just starting to investigate browns as I've never had one, and I love blues and purples.

I'm in the US. What's made me smile recently? Our daughter has been holed up with us since March, and having her here to cook with, to do sports with, and just to talk with has provided lots of smiles.

Thank you for your generosity in offering this PIF.

I'm interested. I don't know if I qualify as relatively new.

I have 5 bottles of ink (Quink Blue, Waterman Serenity Blue, Diamine Majestic Blue, Diamine Sherwood Green, Nemosine Imperial Purple), and a bunch (dozens) of samples, mostly blues and blacks. I was just starting to investigate browns as I've never had one, and I love blues and purples.

I'm in the US. What's made me smile recently? Our daughter has been holed up with us since March, and having her here to cook with, to do sports with, and just to talk with has provided lots of smiles.

I'll count this as an entry.

I'm glad you're enjoying having your daughter in the house. I live alone, but it's been nice having a "quarantine buddy" next door.

im in .

I have never tried any of those inks mentioned .

I usually find one ink and stick with it .

What has made me happy was I received a surprize package in the mail.

Cathy :bunny01:

:happyberet:

• 3 weeks later...

Nice work, Shaggy.

Not an entrant. Just another note of thanks, here.

When I was a newbie on this site, I tended to stick to the one, or two sub forums I'd joined FPN for.

It took a while before I explored the site further. Such behaviour may account for the low pick-up on such a great offer.

Just wondering: if there are only two entrants, could the lot be split between them, rather than pick a winner?

Stay safe. CS

• 1 month later...

this is when fpn went down and shaggy has not come back shame really .

Cathy :bunny01:

:happyberet: