Efnir: Callifolio Bleu Equinoxe 5

LizEF

Extra Fine Nib Ink Review: Callifolio Bleu Equinoxe (5)

This is review #45 in my series. Here's the YouTube video:

Post-recording notes: This ink has a pretty strong chemical smell when filling the pen. I don't notice it when writing. It also adheres to the sides of the sample vial for quite a while and doesn't come off the mL markings at all. See next for whether this translates into hard cleaning...

Cleaning: Surprisingly simple. Normal flushing with water will do the trick!

And here is a screen of the final result, for those not interested in the video:
large.CallifolioBleuEquinoxe5.jpg.6f5484cabb9ddf9c2e614c898a6bf6ad.jpg

Scan of Completed Review:
large.CallifolioBleuEquinoxe5S.jpg.aa6ceff1fb87eca587bed60e3f56f81f.jpg

Zoomed in photo:
large.CallifolioBleuEquinoxe5Z.jpg.ac089b7c7887cfd1e2b93bf73bde448e.jpg

Absorbent Paper Closeup (puzzle paper like thick newsprint):
large.CallifolioBleuEquinoxe5AP.jpg.b68b7b620e74141f8c84441371b07c24.jpg

Screenshots also available on Instagram: @zilxodarap

Previous Review: Robert Oster Gold Antiqua.

Want to influence the inky sequence? Take the "next ink" poll.

Hope you enjoy. Comments appreciated!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LizEF

• yazeh

• namrehsnoom

• GreenMountain

Great reviews Liz.... I like it when you absolutely positively love an ink yet how you insist on show all its flaws :)

I see wizards and foxes have left and we're entering the realm of puss in boots, shocking :D

Great reviews Liz.... I like it when you absolutely positively love an ink yet how you insist on show all its flaws :)

I see wizards and foxes have left and we're entering the realm of puss in boots, shocking :D

Thanks! I can't say I'm entirely objective (turns out I'm not a robot after all), but I try to be honest in my reviews.

Yes, now we know how Humpty Dumpty had that great fall - makes perfect sense really - knocking things off is what cats do. :lol:

Love your reviews. I use fine or xf exclusively. Now, I've reached my fill with blue blacks, but for other colors, I'm curious to know what your all time favorite ink is, if you have one.

I've tried and tried other inks and keep coming back to sailor, just for the smoothness of the flow.

Love your reviews. I use fine or xf exclusively. Now, I've reached my fill with blue blacks, but for other colors, I'm curious to know what your all time favorite ink is, if you have one.

I've tried and tried other inks and keep coming back to sailor, just for the smoothness of the flow.

Thank you! :) I recommend consulting a physician regarding having reached your fill with blue blacks. This must be a symptom of a serious condition! :P ;)

As for other colors - well, I am addicted to samples, so I don't think I can say I have a favorite, but.... I love everything about Diamine Salamander, especially in my Sailor Pro Gear Slim, F nib. And Herbin Lie de Thé looks gorgeous from my Pelikan m405, F nib. And Waterman Audacious Red is fabulous in an EF nib for mark-up. I'll stop there or I'll be listing the virtues of various inks all night long... :D

PS: I think you could easily say that this ink (Bleu Equinoxe (5)) is not a blue black, but rather an interesting blue, and a sample of it and a bottle of Vanness' "White Lightning" would make a good addition to your next order, just to see how well White Lightning works... ;)

Love the review! I truly like the looks of this ink, although I consider it more of a blue-grey than a blue-black. A really interesting blue andI one of my favourites from the L’Artisan Pastellier stable. I like the Callifolio series a lot - it has quite a number of interesting blue inks that are just that touch different.

Hmmmm...dry, hard-starting, and it smells! What's not to love?

I do like the color, though. And the moo-cow. Thanks for another great review!

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Another interesting review Liz

Like the color, I also like that it is a dry ink. I have a very wet Pelikan that his ink could tame! I am going to have to make more room in my ink sample box, if you keep doing this to me :)

Love the review! I truly like the looks of this ink, although I consider it more of a blue-grey than a blue-black. A really interesting blue andI one of my favourites from the L’Artisan Pastellier stable. I like the Callifolio series a lot - it has quite a number of interesting blue inks that are just that touch different.

Exactly! I have one other Callifolio ink at present, but next time I order from Vanness, I'll be getting a few more of their inks. :)

Hmmmm...dry, hard-starting, and it smells! What's not to love?

I do like the color, though. And the moo-cow. Thanks for another great review!

It's only dry-ish. :blush: And a bit of flow aid should help that (I'll test this eventually). Can't deny the chemical odor.

Was there another moo-cow1 in this video? Apparently I've learned to ignore all the annoying sounds outside.

You're very welcome! Thanks for watching. :D

1Have you heard of sniglets? Here's one of my favorites: Bovilexia: The uncontrollable urge to "moo" as you drive past a cow. :lol:

Another interesting review Liz

Like the color, I also like that it is a dry ink. I have a very wet Pelikan that his ink could tame! I am going to have to make more room in my ink sample box, if you keep doing this to me :)

Thanks! I recommend just getting another ink sample box. :P This ink also comes in a metalic-looking pouch, which I think might make you feel like an astronaut when using it. And might make you wish you were in a zero-gravity environment when pouch operations don't quite go as planned.... :lticaptd:

:)

:D This seems like one you would like, Tas - might even make for good art-use.

Edited by LizEF

• 1 year later...

Here's the line width measurement. The line is one of those used for dry time.  Magnification is 100x.  The grid is 100x100µm.  The scale is 330µm, with eleven divisions of 30µm each.  The line width for this ink is roughly 240µm.

large.CallifolioBleuEquinoxe5LW.jpg.4578621a6ebaf267e67c52dd993c3d17.jpg