The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Inkshift - Kaweco Palm Green To Royal Blue

inkshift kaweco palm green royal blue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 namrehsnoom

namrehsnoom

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2020 - 18:45

InkShift - Kaweco Palm Green to Royal Blue

Just for the fun of it, I decided to do a project exploring what happens when you move progressively from one ink colour to another. For now, I'm restricting myself to inks from the same manufacturer - mainly to avoid nasty chemical surprises. My hope is that some of these "inkshifts" result in interesting colours that I can use to write/draw with. And besides... it's just fun to watch one ink colour morph into another one. 

Palm Green and Royal Blue are regular Kaweco inks, but not especially interesting. As far as I know, Kaweco has no teal inks in its line, so I decided to explore if a decent teal is in the mix. Green inks appear to be very dominant ones, so I explored on the blue side of the spectrum. Some interesting combinations arise, certainly more interesting than the plain ink versions I started with.

fpn_1600799430__kaweco_-_pg_to_rb_-_inks
fpn_1600799442__kaweco_-_pg_to_rb_-_inks

In the span between the two starting inks, some interesting colours can be found. My personal favourites are:
  • 1 part Palm Green, 7 parts Royal Blue : a Prussian Blue style colour
  • 1 part Palm Green, 4 parts Royal Blue : a blue-leaning teal

I really enjoy these ink morphing experiments, the results are often surprising and a lot more interesting than the original inks. Loads of fun!

fpn_1600799459__kaweco_-_pg_to_rb_-_coll

Doing an inkshift is easy. All it takes is a couple of pipettes, some receptacles, Q-tips and a fountain pen. And a couple of hours of free quality time to run the mixing experiment. You should try it... a fun experience.

fpn_1600799469__kaweco_-_pg_to_rb_-_maki

Edited by namrehsnoom, 22 September 2020 - 18:46.

Sponsored Content

#2 LizEF

LizEF

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2020 - 18:55

The colors aren't really doing anything for me, but I like your geometric pattern! :)  Thanks for sharing.

#3 Eclipse157

Eclipse157

Hoarder of ink

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 September 2020 - 08:08

Nice! I'm not a big fan of teals tbh, but the Royal Blue really hits the spot :wub:

As always, thank you so much for your quality contribution :thumbup:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: inkshift, kaweco, palm green, royal blue

Sponsored Content

|