What Parkers Are You Using Today?

NumberSix

51 Special (F), black - Noodler's 54th Mass

Trying this ink in this pen. It's great in my Apica journal so far. But it might be a little too much for my Bujo paper. I will give it a day or three and see what I think.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NumberSix

• Carguy

• inkstainedruth

• Estycollector

Parker 51 Midnight Blue, medium, Montblanc midnight blue.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

I have Noodler's 54th in two pens (Parker 51 Special, Parker 41), to test the results. Both are fine nibs, but the 41's nib is markedly finer.

Yet with this ink, they both write about the same line. If anything, I prefer using the slightly broader Special since it's a little smoother - and they look the same on paper anyway.

Today it's been the Silver Pearl Vac Major (3rd Generation, 1st quarter of 1946, from the date code), with vintage Quink Microfilm Black.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

The P51 that flew away is back, co-worker found it [ who ? ]. Pen was placed in a pen cup on the work table.

My recently acquired green P21 with Diamine Aurora Borealis.

I have a coral pink 21 that should be a 41 on the way that I can’t wait for it to arrive.

My recently acquired green P21 with Diamine Aurora Borealis.

I have a coral pink 21 that should be a 41 on the way that I can’t wait for it to arrive.

Excellent and good to read you've fallen for those "21"'s.

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

I'd like to say I'm using a Blue Shadow wave Vacumatic but the dang thing doesn't fill.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Went to ink up my Vac 51 tonight, for the first time in awhile. The threads at the vac unit came loose when I started unscrewing the blind cap. Oh, well, it was going to need restoring at some point. So I've packed it up to go out Friday to Parker51.com for a full cleaning and restoration.

laura-palmer-meanwhile-pose.jpg

• 41 continues to rock 54th Mass. I am liking this combination more every time I write with it.
  • 51 Special is Lamy Black (when that runs out, will probably switch to Noodler's Black or my newly-acquired-today Diamine Registrar's)

I keep being tempted to get an IM. :wacko:

• Parker 41 with Noodler's 54th
  • Clairefontaine Notebook

Listening to some recently purchased records, including "My War" by Black Flag. I'm not angry this morning or anything. I was more amused at the idea of writing out Henry Rollins's dark lyrics using this lovely 60+ year old pen that's such a gentle, happy, soft green 1950s color. :P

164076214_164071910_vltfmhr.jpg

Edited by NumberSix

• Parker 41 with Noodler's 54th
  • Clairefontaine Notebook

Listening to some recently purchased records, including "My War" by Black Flag. I'm not angry this morning or anything. I was more amused at the idea of writing out Henry Rollins's dark lyrics using this lovely 60+ year old pen that's such a gentle, happy, soft green 1950s color. :P

164076214_164071910_vltfmhr.jpg

I really like the color combination.

I really like the color combination.

Both the pen barrel and the ink turned out a little darker in the pic. But I agree that they look nice together. I hadn't even thought about that aspect.

Went to ink up my Vac 51 tonight, for the first time in awhile. The threads at the vac unit came loose when I started unscrewing the blind cap. Oh, well, it was going to need restoring at some point. So I've packed it up to go out Friday to Parker51.com for a full cleaning and restoration.

attachicon.gif laura-palmer-meanwhile-pose.jpg

• 41 continues to rock 54th Mass. I am liking this combination more every time I write with it.
  • 51 Special is Lamy Black (when that runs out, will probably switch to Noodler's Black or my newly-acquired-today Diamine Registrar's)

I keep being tempted to get an IM. :wacko:

Parker 51 restoration is the best although I do not understand the Twin Peaks relationship. Twin Peaks and Hooters have always caused me to think of a female's breast. I looked it up and apparently I've gotten it all wrong.....LOL!! I suppose that at time the most obvious is not correct.

I'd like to say I'm using a Blue Shadow wave Vacumatic but the dang thing doesn't fill.

Poor FarmBoy. Keep working on it and you will solve the problem. I know the feeling when you have to keep tearing down a pen until you get it right [ to write ].

Parker 51 restoration is the best although I do not understand the Twin Peaks relationship. Twin Peaks and Hooters have always caused me to think of a female's breast. I looked it up and apparently I've gotten it all wrong.....LOL!! I suppose that at time the most obvious is not correct.

It was simply a transitional image. I originally wrote the word meanwhile when transitioning to my list of pens currently in use. That reminded me of the scene from Twin Peaks where Laura Palmer says meanwhile in that wacky Black Lodge reverse-speak, so I posted the image. :)

Today I am using one of my Parker pens that is neither ‘vintage’ nor ‘fancy’...

fpn_1601142829__ac4e741d-aab7-4546-9440-

I apologise for the poor lighting & photography. And, of course, for my messy scrawl.

I’ve always been too impatient to write nicely, and have also always been too lazy to improve it :doh:

Still, at least I am aware of (some of) my flaws and limitations, eh? ;)

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png