The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Flex Nibs And Pen Bodies

ranga kanwrite

22 replies to this topic

#21 Ted A

Ted A

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 September 2020 - 22:59

That's interesting. I was just going to place a Kanwrite order for the following:

Based on what I know, and don’t know, here’s what I’d like to order. I will order both the nib unit and just the nib since I don’t know which will fit in the Ranga pen. 

No. 35 Nib Units - for Jowo fit

2 x Fine Ultra Flex
BB Zoom 
BB Architect

Nibs Only - for Jowo #6

3 x fine ultra flex
BB Zoom
BB Architect

Would you happen to have any ebonite feeds for the nibs? If so, I’m interested. I didn’t see those in the pricing. 

This will cost be $45. But for $42 I can get the Himalaya v1 with the 5.5 ultra flex nib. I'm wondering if the FPR is the better option. 

Michael

I prefer the Himalaya. But my experience is limited to 3 Himalayas (2 V1 and 1 V2j and 1 Kanwrite. I like the V1 the best of what I have.  The converter isn’t that bad. It does the job, though I have to fill it often. Flex nibs put down a lot of ink. It hasn’t bothered me enough to cause me to try a cartridge. 

I don’t have extra ebonite feeds. FPR does

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

Sponsored Content

#22 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2020 - 01:01

I prefer the Himalaya. But my experience is limited to 3 Himalayas (2 V1 and 1 V2j and 1 Kanwrite. I like the V1 the best of what I have.  The converter isn’t that bad. It does the job, though I have to fill it often. Flex nibs put down a lot of ink. It hasn’t bothered me enough to cause me to try a cartridge. 

I don’t have extra ebonite feeds. FPR does

Given a choice (and if cost were not an issue), I'd favour the Jaipur V2 over the Himalaya V2 - I really like the design, it's easier to remove and reinsert nib and feed, and the piston fill mechanism is probably the best option in the FPR lineup.  The Himalaya V1 is your go-to if you'd refer the smaller (#5.5) nib though.

#23 Ted A

Ted A

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 September 2020 - 12:31

Hmm. I hadn’t paid much attention to the Jaipur V2. Thanks for calling it to my attention 

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ranga, kanwrite

Sponsored Content

|