The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Sheaffer Balance Ink Issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Megaten

Megaten

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 September 2020 - 03:54

Hello all. My sheaffer balance is the only pen that does this but when I leave it alone for like a day for example, I take off the cap and the section and inner cap are all messy with ink. Im not sure whats causing this. Wondering if anyone else has this issue. Thanks. 

Sponsored Content

#2 Robert111

Robert111

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 September 2020 - 14:18

Are you storing it nib up? If not, try it.

Some sacs (PVC?) allow air to infiltrate and thus if the nib end is lower than the sac gravity causes ink to leak out the feed.

Of course it may also be a leak in the sac, in which case you will need a new one.

#3 Megaten

Megaten

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 September 2020 - 19:57

Are you storing it nib up? If not, try it.

Some sacs (PVC?) allow air to infiltrate and thus if the nib end is lower than the sac gravity causes ink to leak out the feed.

Of course it may also be a leak in the sac, in which case you will need a new one.

Hello. I doubt the sac is the issue as I installed a new one and also put shellac to insure proper insertion. Ill try nib up thanks.

#4 RedRinger

RedRinger

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 September 2020 - 13:20

I've read that silicone sacs definitely allow air passage inside and can leak. 

Sponsored Content

|