Bizarre Story I Wanted To Share It

mge01park

I have yet to find the 6 inch ruler that I would use to measure and cut my sacs with , I have yet to find it. [ 1 1/2 or more ]

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• corniche

• Sailor Kenshin

• carola

It's 2020. You are just losing it.

In reality your routine got disrupted by something and you put the parts somewhere else without memorizing it. Try to remember what you "might" have done before and follow the way you would have gone in the house. Also check drawers, compartments and pockets.

Don't forget to check the refrigerator. It sounds silly but I can't tell you how often people find car keys and cell phones in the fridge.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Related weird story with a happy ending. About ten years ago I was using a pen my mom got me for high school graduation as part of my every day carry. It was special to me, so I had a particular pocket in my backpack where it always lived. I was very particular about keeping track of it.

Then one day I went to pull it out of my bag, and it was nowhere to be found. I tore the bag apart, every zipper, pouch, and pocket...nothing. Searched my office, my home office, and called everyplace I had been the day before...nothing. I was totally bummed. In a funk, I ordered a new pen to use for EDC, one that I wouldn't have any attachment to in case it got lost. But it rode around in the same backpack pocket.

Fast forward about a month. I'm sitting in a coffee shop reading, and I come across something that I want to make a note of. Without looking up from the paper I reach into my backpack for my pen...and what I pull out is the one mom had gotten me, the one that was completely lost. To this day I have no idea where it had been, or how I had been able to overlook it when I originally searched the bag.

Fast forward about a month. I'm sitting in a coffee shop reading, and I come across something that I want to make a note of. Without looking up from the paper I reach into my backpack for my pen...and what I pull out is the one mom had gotten me, the one that was completely lost. To this day I have no idea where it had been, or how I had been able to overlook it when I originally searched the bag.

The surest way to find something is to buy a replacement. It works very well. In this case though I think that the house gnomes returned it the night before, and put it back where they found it.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

Well, that certainly was the case the last time I lost the Morrison gold-filled filigree overlay ringtop. Got lucky and found a replacement that year at the Ohio Pen Show (you may remember working on it, Ron). And then got home and discovered the cap hanging by the lanyard, caught on one of the clips for the windows in the storm door. And then while searching around, found the rest of the pen in one of the tracks in the bottom sill....

Sadly it was NOT the case with the two M200 Café Crème pens -- or the grey Decimo I had JUST had worked on another year at OPS.... (Starting to wonder if I lost it in the restaurant around the corner from the hotel when I was having dinner one night -- but of course that's nearly 2 years ago at this point).

As for the "last place you think to look"? A week or so ago the husband knocked over the canister of inked up pens on the shelves next to my side of the bed. Tried to pick them up as best as he could, then brought me the canister to tell me what had happened. I couldn't remember what all was in current rotation, so I checked my notes and double-checked around the shelves and under both the bookcase and the bed. And naturally, the missing pen was the M600 Violet and White -- so one of the really expensive ones. Looked all around -- even pulled out the bookcase from the wall and the desk (having to move heavy boxes full of ink bottles -- and the alarm clock -- in the process). Nada. My husband also looked again. No pen. Then Friday evening, I noticed that the mattress was shifted slightly off the box springs.... And there, right at the edge of the box springs? The M600.... (Whew!) I hate losing pens. I particularly hate EXPENSIVE, currently inked pens....

The pen is (mostly) none the worse for wear. Except now the cap won't post. And there seems to be a crack in the cap, stretching just past where the upper cap band is. :( But I *did* find it, at least....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

There's also "The last place I thought to look for it...." (Because of course, once you find it, you stop looking.... :rolleyes:)

Indeed. I love the expression, "its always in the last place you look." When I hear it, I often cant help making some kind of snide remark.

Edited by N1003U

I have an Inoxcrom 77 that is a slim pen with great ink shading. I "lost" it ten years ago and couldn't really explain it. All my other pens in the collection were untouched, but this one pen was missing. It bothered me for years. TEN years later I am going through my now much larger collection and replacing some old cloth pencil cases with pen boxes to store my collection. (I still use old pen boxes and rigid pencil cases to store my collection). I remove all the pens from one cloth case and still feel some weight in it. I search the smaller pocket which I never used and there was the pen! I have no explanation for why I didn't search that pocket before. Belated lesson learned.

Thanks for this wonderful story. I think my favorite FPN story is usually something along the line of found a treasure I thought I lost xxx years ago...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

look in the clothes dryer. your stuff is probably with that missing sock you've been looking for, too. :headsmack:

JELL-O, IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER!

• 3 weeks later...

Oh, these tales of woe are so familiar to me. Right now we are looking around the manse, for a second time, for some rather large objects that seem to have simply slipped out of the space-time continuum :wacko: .

These are things like three boxed microphone desk stands that weigh a few pounds each, and some other items that are pretty big and you'd think they couldn't be lost. Our first round of tearing the place apart looking for them didn't turn up any of this stuff.

I think that our advancing age is a big contributing factor to these recent disappearances in our house. Still, there was that time in my 20s when I was very bothered by losing a Parker Jotter ballpoint pen that I'd had for a long time. And then I found it almost a year later in the shirt pocket that I was sure I had thoroughly searched :blush: .

I still have not found a Sheaffer cartridge fountain pen that I'd had in high school, actually two of them, that went away late in the previous century and hasn't shown up again yet :headsmack: .

Here's to all of us finding the stuff we're missing :thumbup: !

On a sacred quest for the perfect blue ink mixture!

ink stained wretch filling inkwell

I had a Montblanc 34 that I had left out on my desk and that evening my son had a gathering. The next day I could not find my 34. As my son said, "Dad, why would any of my high school friends want a fountain pen?" I was convinced one of those rabble-rousers walked off with it. About 6 months later I reached in the inside pocket of my blue blazer and miraculously a Montblanc 34 was there.

I'm still trying to figure out why a high school kid would have picked up my pen, walked upstairs to my closet, and put the pen in my blazer pocket. :)

I'm still trying to figure out why a high school kid would have picked up my pen, walked upstairs to my closet, and put the pen in my blazer pocket. :)

:lticaptd:

You give me hope that my replacement M200 Café Crème will turn up. Although it's probably run off to Bermuda with the password notebook and the blue RatFink I bought on eBay (which our now former cleaning lady said she put somewhere in my desk and now doesn't remember where, and claims that I accused her of pocketing it -- which I didn't; we did however, catch her going onto my husband's computer and reading FB...).

edited for typos

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."