Bizarre Story I Wanted To Share It

mge01park

Hope you all don't mind. Being a pen fanatic since the 90's this is one for the books at least mine.

I have two Noodler's Neponset Victory Garden FP's (why 2 that's a long story). I used them together as the nibs were the same but acted different as to width of writing and flow oob, etc. I cleaned the nib assembly unit with converter for both and then I pull out the nib and screw out the nib holder which is white to clean ink off. Then they go to a table to go back to the pens. I keep the body and caps where my desk is. They are both now missing and definitely not here any longer. To me it's a million to one shot for this happen but it did. I have hours invested trying to find it. Thanks.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkstainedruth

• corniche

• Sailor Kenshin

• Black Spot

Hi Mgepark,

Try contacting Luxury Brands, MAYBE, MAYBE, JUST MAYBE; they might have replacements available.

I have to wonder if that pen was named after the PBS show, the original concept from WWII - or both!?

I hope things work out for you.

- Sean :)

https://www.catholicscomehome.org/

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Thank you Our Lady of Prompt Succor & St. Jude.

Maybe they fell into a "little summer place", and you just have to look there. (santacruztrains.com says that's what Neponset means).

Jokes aside, once the probable have been ruled out, it's necessary to follow the improbable. Did someone or some animal in your household take them? Did you have a momentary lapse in memory. What kind of bounce might have occurred that put them in a crack on the far side of the room?

Either way, I wish you luck finding your parts.

Here you go:

https://luxurybrandsusa.com/

- S.

"Every one therefore that shall confess Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father Who is in Heaven." - MT. 10:32

"Any society that will give up liberty to gain security deserves neither and will lose both." - Ben Franklin

Maybe they fell into a "little summer place", and you just have to look there. (santacruztrains.com says that's what Neponset means).

I think that may be like Prop 65; it only applies in (Neponset) California.

- Sean ;)

PS: As a sidenote, Mgepark, have you tried the vacuum cleaner trick?

I had exactly the same thing with a contact lens once.

I took both out of my eyes, placed them on the shelf like I always do (and they were clearly lying there), hopped under the shower, came back out again, wanted to put the lenses back in and there was only one lying there. Never found the second one again and still don´t have a clue what could have happened to it. There was no one home except me and the cats were outside.

Hope you have more luck with your parts...

Gremlins. Or you have a house eats things.... That's my explanation (it's generally mine when stuff like that happens).

I've lost stuff I've put down and haven't gotten up from my chair in the living room.... So it isn't just you, mgepark. :(

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Any pets?

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

Sometimes we see what we want to see, or our brain remembers what it wants to remember. If there is no other way they could vanish (someone or some pet taking it, or they rolling off the table and under some piece of furniture) then you might have done something different and forgotten it. A thorough search should pop them up.

Sometimes we do crazy things and our brain erases them, like throwing something in the wrong place, unconsciously we remember it as having done it properly, but didn't. It's a bit like when you think of something else and use the wrong words. I've found sometimes things in the fridge or dishwasher that shouldn't be there and I am sure it was my fault, though I didn't remember it as such, and sometimes I've realized just in time. Sometimes something didn't ever appear again so I suppose it went in the trash.

If you are to be ephemeral, leave a good scent.

St. Anthony, Finder of Lost Things.

Great answer, Sailor. :thumbup:

- Sean :)

I once flipped the clutch ring from my Tombow Zoom fountain pen...it went flying down the stairs. I searched stairs, floor, all carpeted, for two hours before I called for help; the ring appeared instantly.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Sometimes we see what we want to see, or our brain remembers what it wants to remember. If there is no other way they could vanish (someone or some pet taking it, or they rolling off the table and under some piece of furniture) then you might have done something different and forgotten it. A thorough search should pop them up.

Sometimes we do crazy things and our brain erases them, like throwing something in the wrong place, unconsciously we remember it as having done it properly, but didn't. It's a bit like when you think of something else and use the wrong words. I've found sometimes things in the fridge or dishwasher that shouldn't be there and I am sure it was my fault, though I didn't remember it as such, and sometimes I've realized just in time. Sometimes something didn't ever appear again so I suppose it went in the trash.

I once was quite certain that I'd left a Cross ballpoint in a B&B in North Boston. One year later I found it in the trunk of my car.

Edited by corgicoupe

Baptiste knew how to make a short job long

For love of it. And yet not waste time either.

Robert Frost

Have had instances of this dastardly phenomena myself. I at first thought it was just a short term jog in my semi-cluttered head, which it usually is. Then it became an age issue, which it could be. And the real kicker was "fibro fog" which I had heard about but did not understand until I was diagnosed with it several years ago. So I think, if it was me, that it would be all the above and a malicious plot and gremlins.

House gnomes. I have a couple of posts on FPN about them. Things would disappear, and then reappear in places that I had cleaned and vacuumed dozens of times in the interval - carefully laid on the floor where I couldn't miss them ...or in a cup in other parts of the house where I would not have left them.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.

Those aren't house gnomes. Those are Borrowers... (I read at least the first book when I was a kid).

For those not familiar with the series, the Borrowers are tiny people who live in the walls of your house and will "borrow" items from the full-sized inhabitants for other use -- a teacup will become a bathtub, a needle will become a walking stick, etc.)

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Stop and think again, rewind. Happens to me too. I would swear I put something in a specific place, when I go back to it it's not there.

I then blame the rest of the family for "touching my things, tidying up, thinking there is a better place, carelessly moving things, etc."

After literally hours of searching the house (in few occasions whole days) I find what I was looking for in a totally different place than I though.

And only then I remember I put it there...

The typical reason then comes to my mind "put it in a safe place so I won't misplace it..."

There's also "The last place I thought to look for it...." (Because of course, once you find it, you stop looking.... :rolleyes:)