The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Airmail/wality 71J

airmail 71j wality 71j wality converter airmail converter airmail c/c wality c/c fh452 schmidt fh341 bock

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Dimy

Dimy

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:47

Thanks.. I have never seen most of the models in any retail shops.. Except trinity and Elegante.. Which is why I was under the impression that they are not in production.

I dont want to say this but many shopkeepers don't want to keep FPs and those who do have issue of awareness. I honestly never see any indian brand around any local shops apart from 2 mentioned above and luxor brands and chinese pens (which they say are indian when they sell... :wacko: ).....general awareness is downright low to say kindly......at least in my city most retailers have no idea wality and kanwrite are company.....Kanwrite is produced 80km from where we stay.....irony.

Sponsored Content

#22 biswa124

biswa124

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2020 - 11:24

Got my Wality 71J few days back. Very nice pen with large ink capacity. Smoothly writes fine wet lines. Worth every penny.

#23 hari317

hari317

Classic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,199 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2020 - 11:26

Got my Wality 71J few days back. Very nice pen with large ink capacity. Smoothly writes fine wet lines. Worth every penny.

congratulations!
In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

#24 biswa124

biswa124

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2020 - 13:26

congratulations!

Thanks Hari.

#25 S_B_P

S_B_P

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 September 2020 - 18:55

Where did you buy it from?

#26 biswa124

biswa124

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:29

Where did you buy it from?

Bought it from penhouse.in

#27 S_B_P

S_B_P

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 October 2020 - 16:17

The nib quality does not vary IME between the stock no 8 and no 5.5 nibs. Some nibs are really excellent. Some are very scratchy. Most are passable. You have only F as default option. If you like F, try their stock nibs first. You might be perfectly happy with the performance.

Thank you, Hari.

I bought a few Wality pens recently - 71JT from a local pen shop, 69TL (from asapens) and 77RD (from penhouse).

I am quite happy with the nibs in all these 3 pens. They were not just 'ok', they were actually quite good - the nibs wrote smooth with a tiny bit of rustling feedback. The 77RD was especially good, although it was the most inexpensive of the lot.

I saw many old posts mentioning that Wality pens have scratchy nibs - I am wondering whether new Wality pens have improved on their nibs? Or, maybe I just got lucky 3 times in a row.

What are the experiences of others who have bought Wality pens recently?

Edited by S_B_P, 24 October 2020 - 16:25.

#28 Dimy

Dimy

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 October 2020 - 21:35

Thank you, Hari.

I bought a few Wality pens recently - 71JT from a local pen shop, 69TL (from asapens) and 77RD (from penhouse).
I am quite happy with the nibs in all these 3 pens. They were not just 'ok', they were actually quite good - the nibs wrote smooth with a tiny bit of rustling feedback. The 77RD was especially good, although it was the most inexpensive of the lot.

I saw many old posts mentioning that Wality pens have scratchy nibs - I am wondering whether new Wality pens have improved on their nibs? Or, maybe I just got lucky 3 times in a row.

What are the experiences of others who have bought Wality pens recently?

Wality are sometimes surprise boxes, for me one nib was amazing other was ok-ish at start, now with over 100 page in the that nib has gotten quite better. I think several things account here and most problem at start (from my general experience with ebonite feed) is that feed takes a bit time to settle (or get wet... something along the lines), basically give feed few days and pages, pen will definitely be better then before.

Wality nibs for me have been good too, just one of my relatives wality was quite scratchy, nothing a few tinkering can't solve. All in all surprise box issues are still possible (thus all posts by people) but still majority are good or ok-ish. Can't say if new QC has changes as I only have got one pen recently (the ok-ish one😅) still quite happy with it.

#29 bugsydog55

bugsydog55

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 October 2020 - 22:47

I've had good and bad out of these nibs.  Some took a little taming and some were impossible.  The impossible ones I replaced because the nib tipping was off center and ragged looking.  I have had paper knives that didn't cut paper that well.  But I am a huge fan of the pens and enjoy every one of them, even the ones that don't want to cooperate.  I am currently waiting for international shipping to be resumed so that Penhouse can start getting some of my business.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: airmail 71j, wality 71j, wality converter, airmail converter, airmail c/c, wality c/c, fh452, schmidt, fh341, bock

Sponsored Content

|