I Just Bought A Lamy Vista

Estycollector

Don't know why, but these have always got my attention. I got the converter...Z-24, red tip...?. This one comes with a stainless fine point. My other fine point is more medium so I feel good.

Honestly, I never could fine a Safari that I was drawn torward. This one is made of the same "precious resin" aka ABS from which the Safari is made.

It will be filled with Waterman Serenity Blue. :)

"Respect science, respect nature, respect all people (s),"

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Estycollector

• ralfstc

• inkstainedruth

• derivativegal

Congratulations. The Vista was my first Lamy until just recently. I cannot even remember how long ago I purchased it, but also it has the red tipped converter too. I actually made it my red ink pen because of that. Wonderful writer, a true workhorse.

A Vista was my first Safari too.

I disliked the appearance of the solid-coloured models, so didn’t want one. I also think that the brightware of the clip & cap actually looks nice against the transparent plastic of the Vista, but not-so-nice against the solid coloured plastic of the Safaris.

I also bought a Z24 converter with mine.
I remain profoundly impressed that LAMY has put those lugs on its sides so that it push-locks in to the Vista (& Safari). Never loose or wobbly. Easy to remove. Brilliantly practical.

I don’t think that you will regret your purchase. These pens are robust and reliable an they are very practical - one can always see one’s ink level; the nibs can be swapped really easily; nibs are available in a a wide range of widths; the steel nibs are inexpensive; there are also gold ones available too, and; although LAMY’s cartridges are proprietary ( :mellow:) they are widely available and have a high capacity.

I bought my Vista back in 2012.

After enjoying the Vista so much, later I found myself buying a Safari in ‘Charcoal’/‘Umbra Black’, and then the LE versions in ‘Dark Lilac’ and in ‘Petrol’.

If one could still find them, I would like to buy the 2011 (or was it 2012?) Safari in ‘Aquamarine’. It’s the only smooth, solid-coloured one whose appearance I like with the brightware. But they only come up for sale rarely, and when they do they usually cost over £80 :o

The only problems that I have had with my Vista (apart from it convincing me to buy three Safaris :ninja: ) are that the silver LAMY logo on the back of the barrel has been worn off by me posting the cap, and the fact that the transparent plastic has become slightly discoloured.
But that’s after eight years of ownership during which I stored it in a transparent cup near a window.

Enjoy!

Foul in clear conditions, but handsome in the fog.

mini-postcard-exc.png

Congratulations. The Vista was my first Lamy until just recently. I cannot even remember how long ago I purchased it, but also it has the red tipped converter too. I actually made it my red ink pen because of that. Wonderful writer, a true workhorse.

I bet the red ink is stunning!

A Vista was my first Safari too.

I disliked the appearance of the solid-coloured models, so didn’t want one. I also think that the brightware of the clip & cap actually looks nice against the transparent plastic of the Vista, but not-so-nice against the solid coloured plastic of the Safaris.

I also bought a Z24 converter with mine.

I remain profoundly impressed that LAMY has put those lugs on its sides so that it push-locks in to the Vista (& Safari). Never loose or wobbly. Easy to remove. Brilliantly practical.

I don’t think that you will regret your purchase. These pens are robust and reliable an they are very practical - one can always see one’s ink level; the nibs can be swapped really easily; nibs are available in a a wide range of widths; the steel nibs are inexpensive; there are also gold ones available too, and; although LAMY’s cartridges are proprietary ( :mellow:) they are widely available and have a high capacity.

I bought my Vista back in 2012.

After enjoying the Vista so much, later I found myself buying a Safari in ‘Charcoal’/‘Umbra Black’, and then the LE versions in ‘Dark Lilac’ and in ‘Petrol’.

If one could still find them, I would like to buy the 2011 (or was it 2012?) Safari in ‘Aquamarine’. It’s the only smooth, solid-coloured one whose appearance I like with the brightware. But they only come up for sale rarely, and when they do they usually cost over £80 :o

The only problems that I have had with my Vista (apart from it convincing me to buy three Safaris :ninja: ) are that the silver LAMY logo on the back of the barrel has been worn off by me posting the cap, and the fact that the transparent plastic has become slightly discoloured.

But that’s after eight years of ownership during which I stored it in a transparent cup near a window.

Enjoy!

Perfect and thank you for the encouragment. Not sure what took me so long..Ha!

Its an amazing pen. It is my first fp too and still my favourite to use among its higher end siblings Al-Star and LX. However, i also have lost them twice haha talking about clumsiness.. so the one i have with me now is the 3rd one. That tells u how nice it is. Ohh i always ink it with lamy ink. Have not tried with the rest as i use the pen only for doodling.

Just got the converter filled with Serenity Blue. I dbout a better $19 pen exists. The nib says its a fine, but write more like a medium as compared to the black stainless fine on the Al Star.

Just got the converter filled with Serenity Blue. I dbout a better $19 pen exists. The nib says its a fine, but write more like a medium as compared to the black stainless fine on the Al Star.

I doubt too, but it's WAY more expensive in Brazil, not to mention the sh!t value of our currency against the dollar...

I'm not personally a fan of demonstrators (although I have a few). But I love the Lamy pens I do have -- two Safaris, an al-Star, and an LX. They're well built, comfortable to use (even posted) for me, and relatively inexpensive.

I've even gotten used to the relatively ugly look (I know they weren't probably even on the drawing board back then, but they would not have looked out of place as props in the old '60s TV series, The Prisoner), and the triangular grip.

Now if we could just get Lamy to re-issue the French Blue with the red clips so I could AFFORD one.... :wallbash:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Have mine inked up with Serenity Blue, too! A great pen. For some reason, it reminds me of a lightsaber. I've always thought Lamy should place it in the Safari line up. Just as a clear color option.

One thing I find attractive is the silver metal accents like the clip and under the top of the cap. It is a very visually interesting design and it performs flawlessly. There is no doubt when you need to add some more Serenity Blue.

I do appreciate Ruth's opinion about not liking a demonstrator pen, but for me, its just a clear ABS aka precious resin pen.

Edited by Estycollector

The Vista is a very sturdy pen. Like the Safaris it will write with most any ink you throw at it. Not a big fan of demonstrators either but I have a Vista constantly inked up. I normally colour match pen and ink - so my Vista gets all the inks for which I don't have a matching pen :P

Edited by hbdk

People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them - Dave Berry

Min danske webshop med notesbøger, fyldepenne og blæk

The Vista is a very sturdy pen. Like the Safaris it will write with most any ink you throw at it. Not a big fan of demonstrators either but I have a Vista constantly inked up. I normally colour match pen and ink - so my Vista gets all the inks for which I don't have a matching pen :P

Tak for dit svar.

Congrats on your Vista, I really like these and have way too many!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Congrats on your Vista, I really like these and have way too many!

Thank you, PAKMAN!!:)

Hehe, I do the same.

• 3 weeks later...

So, I packed all of my collection away except the Lamys, in the Pod soon to arrive at my new home in sunny Alabama. I also packed the Serenity Blue. Eventually I ran out of ink and couldnt stand it any longer. I ordered a fresh bottle of that precious ink and my Vista and Al Star are locked and loaded.

they would not have looked out of place as props in the old '60s TV series, The Prisoner),

Well, time for a random factoid. There is only one fountain pen in the Prisoner, at least as far as I have noticed. Anybody want to guess what would have looked futuristic back then?

(Sorry for the blatant and slightly unrepentant thread hijack)

Ralf

Well, time for a random factoid. There is only one fountain pen in the Prisoner, at least as far as I have noticed. Anybody want to guess what would have looked futuristic back then?

Did it have a number-6 nib?